Mario Cristobal offers no discernable advantage

Advertisement
The Pac-12 is the WORST P5 conference in college football.

Oregon is 9-1, which is great, but lets take a look at the rest of conference:

Utah - 7-3
Arizona St - 7-3
UCLA - 6-4
Oregon St - 6-4
WAZZU - 5-5
USC - 4-5
Washington - 4-6
Cal - 3-6
Colorado - 3-7
Stanford - 3-7
Arizona - 1-9

The ACC isn’t much better I know, but Wake, Pitt, Clemson, NC St & UVA would dogwalk the Pac-12.

**** even Miami for as bad as we are would walk all through that conference with Lashlee as an interim.
(With Diaz as HC we’d probably be 3-7 in the Pac lol)
He is 4-1 against Top 10 teams.

Randy Shannon, Al Golden and Mark Richt have all had top 10 classes, Diaz was ranked 11 last year. A competent coach here should have no problems stringing together top 10-ish classes. But talent only gets you so far. Eventually you'll need to out x's and o's the other team.

I’ll take my chances with the elite talent over watching Corey Flagg with cinder blocks for feet.

it's not a conference game, i'm trying to show just how BAD that conference is.

it's literally terrible, the talent, the coaches, the.... everything
I understand but how does that make his team bad if he won at Ohio state? He would win our awful conference every year. And if he can compete with the bigger programs and have us ranked in the top 5 that would be good by me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There are 5 active head coaches who've won a natty and 1 of them won't have a job in 2 weeks. That means every potential hire has some risk attached to them. Nobody is a perfect hire. ****, even Saban might be done winning titles. But this next hire doesn't have to be Saban right away or even at all. The next coach just has to win against the sorry schedule we have every year. That would put us at worst at 10-2 every year. 10-2 at Miami brings in elite recruiting classes and if you have an elite recruiter, you're talking about special classes after that.

Mario checks off every box of what Miami needs right now. Is he the perfect hire that guarantees we'll win 4 championships in the next 6 years? C'mon. Is he what this program needs right now which is toughness and an upgrade at the talent roster? Absolutely. Now it's on Miami to figure out how to bring him home.

Playing in the Pac-12. And, he wouldn't beat OSU again with CJ playing at an elite level.

Eh, Stroud wasn’t the issue that game. He threw for 500 yards at 65%. Oregon’s OL took over that game and they whooped their defense. Oregon was also without arguably the best player in America. Mario’s teams may play down to their competition more than we like, but they usually bring the intensity and play up for the good teams as well. Add Thibodeaux and Flowe, I’m not sure Stroud has a better game than he had in the 1st matchup. JMO, and obviously all moot.

Advertisement
The moving goal posts of CIS depending on the bias is an amazing sight to see.

I knew this thread would deliver with reasonable questions about Miami’s favorite son.

Advertisement
That’s true. I don’t deny that he’s a good coach.

But Oregon’s road to the CFP is as easy as can be, just look at the QB’s in that conference, they don’t play any legit QB’s at all. Which means they can’t lose another game for the rest of the season.
No doubt, the Pac12 stinks and is getting worse.

I hope Utah beats Oregon this week and this thread gets bumped. Hard to imagine any scenario where Oregon is in the playoff and he comes here.

Eh, Stroud wasn’t the issue that game. He threw for 500 yards at 65%. Oregon’s OL took over that game and they whooped their defense. Oregon was also without arguably the best player in America. Mario’s teams may play down to their competition more than we like, but they usually bring the intensity and play up for the good teams as well. Add Thibodeaux and Flowe, I’m not sure Stroud has a better game than he had in the 1st matchup. JMO, and obviously all moot.
Thanks.

Advertisement
Back