Mario C. Contract

Advertisement
Any of them is better than manny. Manny runs a gimmick defense and can’t recruit. He also lacks strong ties wifh elite coaches
He's also a ******* dork...that's probably why he can't recruit

What if he hired a great OC. One thing i've learned is that great teams have great CEO HCs and even better OC and DCs who become HCs one day

he still wouldn't recruit well here without bags. he, himself, is a good recruiter, but if youre looking for him to have the same recruiting success as a reason to hire, then you'll be disappointed. both places hes been since he left here have larger budgets that we dont currently have

Advertisement
He got fired as FIU HC and wasn’t even a good OL coach at Bama.

I'm not all in on Mario and believe he will get outcoached by average ACC coaches and will have trouble closing without the bags.

But anyone who knows anything at all about the situation will tell you Mario was fired because Pete Garcia is an idiot.

I was a young kid who started going to games when we sucked. When we became dominant, I was there. I was at the NC games in 84, 87 and the last one in 2002. I’m not going anywhere. I know things have changed. We don’t have the bag game. I still hold out hope though. That 83 Nebraska team we beat in 84 was supposed to be All-World back then- like an epic team. There’s always a chance.
I need to read things like this to give me some sort of hope cause i feel like i lost it a few years ago. It sucks as a fan to lose all hope cause whwn u do its not fun anymore. No other team that i root for in other sports have i lost hope for. When i first really got into cfb i always thought to myself there is no way Miami can ever be bad at football and now here we are.

I'm not all in on Mario and believe he will get outcoached by average ACC coaches and will have trouble closing without the bags.

But anyone who knows anything at all about the situation will tell you Mario was fired because Pete Garcia is an idiot.

pete garcia is a straight dumbass tho the butch lovers love him. i dont think mario is a terrible coach, but think hes average. i dont think well win big with him either and i dont think **** be as elite of a recruiter as he is at oregon. they have a ton more resources at their disposal than we do along with more recent success. i do wanna see how he does iwthout herbert bc as we saw, even a **** coach like helfrich can be successful with an elite college QB

Advertisement
Matt Campbell’s buyout!!!

“Campbell has been a hot name for other coaching positions the last two years, including jobs like Ohio State and the Cleveland Browns. In his new contract, his buyout is $7 million if he leaves for another job before Feb. 1, 2019. It decreases $1 million annually thereafter

I'd worry that Campbell would jump at the first major Big 10 job that came available (Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State if Franklin leaves -- all might be open in the next few years).

I need to read things like this to give me some sort of hope cause i feel like i lost it a few years ago. It sucks as a fan to lose all hope cause whwn u do its not fun anymore. No other team that i root for in other sports have i lost hope for. When i first really got into cfb i always thought to myself there is no way Miami can ever be bad at football and now here we are.
If they go and hire a bona dude AD, that’ll be a huge positive step. We need an established respected AD or sports person who coaches will trust to work for and who they want to work for. It will also show that the BOT has advanced as well.

If they go and hire a bona dude AD, that’ll be a huge positive step. We need an established respected AD or sports person who coaches will trust to work for and who they want to work for. It will also show that the BOT has advanced as well.
I knowna little some about coaches not every guy but i have no idea at all about ADs. Im probably going to trust the hire by reading posts by real homies that know wtf they are talking about and make my opinion like that. Along with the ADs previous history or stops and other fans of those previous stops.

While I’m not sold on Mario, I think in 2019 it’s ridiculous to also expect guys like rhule and Campbell to compete in recruiting in a region as cutthroat and grimey as this one. This isn't 1984 where you can turn an avg. ok st. Head coach into a cane legend. Or 1989 where some guy from Montana can win 2 natty’s in 3 years. South Florida recruiting is no secret anymore. Regional fit matters so does cultural fit and a bit of ruthlessness. I honestly don't know who that is right now.

Advertisement
No more cane family head coaches...Not to mention the man can't coach a lick

He can recruit and that's obviously his strength, but he's awful on gamefday. Big win for him at Wash this week though.
Mario is cuban Butch: can recruit, instills toughness and discipline, and is growing as a gamely coach. At this point, I am 10000000000000% in on the Mario train.

He can recruit and that's obviously his strength, but he's awful on gamefday. Big win for him at Wash this week though.

Butch was the same....

Love this place I get laughs here.your out of your mind thinking all these coaches are coming to this **** show .when butch left we could ve had our pick.we chose the easy route which put us in the shape we are in today.besides if any of them did come and don't give instant results this fan base will turn on them.no good coach is going to bring his family into this environment.they've seen how this fan base has treated last coaches and their families in the past including butch..some of you need to think about that and maybe scale back some of the venom.that's if you want a decent coach to come here.choice is yours to make continue on and you'll have to settle for what we have been settling for since butch left.

Advertisement
While I’m not sold on Mario, I think in 2019 it’s ridiculous to also expect guys like rhule and Campbell to compete in recruiting in a region as cutthroat and grimey as this one. This isn't 1984 where you can turn an avg. ok st. Head coach into a cane legend. Or 1989 where some guy from Montana can win 2 natty’s in 3 years. South Florida recruiting is no secret anymore. Regional fit matters so does cultural fit and a bit of ruthlessness. I honestly don't know who that is right now.

in SFL, it doesnt matter if youre not a regional fit if you pay bags. these kids are looking for bags

Butch Davis was the same way. He was a great recruiter but not a great game day coach.

y'all need to give up on campbell. all of the off-season talk is that him and his family love ames (schools, atmosphere, culture, low pressure gig) and he wants to stay there. would be a home run, but why would he leave a place with job security for a high-pressure gig down here? also, he's not a very good recruiter despite how good of a coach he is. campbell is a square peg that wants to stay in the square hole that he made. the buyout isn't the issue with him.

Advertisement
Back