Mario C. Contract

Advertisement
Advertisement
Matt Campbell’s buyout!!!

“Campbell has been a hot name for other coaching positions the last two years, including jobs like Ohio State and the Cleveland Browns. In his new contract, his buyout is $7 million if he leaves for another job before Feb. 1, 2019. It decreases $1 million annually thereafter

I wanted him last year and still this year...He would be my #1 candidate and it's not even close. People lump him in with "all young coaches who are gambles", but only him and Rhule seem to be doing it in power 5. I like Campbell because he brought defense to the Big 12, and he is doing it with physical running game some years, and wide open downfield passing other years. He is the man and will coach a playoff one day for sure.

First thing is are any of these guys you want to buy out interested? Hard to know since there was no coaching search. Not sure ncaa rules allow talking to them. Probably only after our job is open.

Advertisement
I wanted him last year and still this year...He would be my #1 candidate and it's not even close. People lump him in with "all young coaches who are gambles", but only him and Rhule seem to be doing it in power 5. I like Campbell because he brought defense to the Big 12, and he is doing it with physical running game some years, and wide open downfield passing other years. He is the man and will coach a playoff one day for sure.

yuuuuuuuuup! Heacock has the personnel to match his scheme right now at UM too.

Advertisement
First thing is are any of these guys you want to buy out interested? Hard to know since there was no coaching search. Not sure ncaa rules allow talking to them. Probably only after our job is open.
You’d hope your AD has the pulse on coaching candidates, not ol Blake

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back