Mario C. Contract

Advertisement
Right, but you didn’t answer the question.

Because I've seen him blow a lot of games he shouldn't have, including last year. Was nothing special at FIU either. Plays down to competition...And doesn't have the wins to back up what he would cost. He's unproven to me...But yes off to a nice start this year on a team that is probably top to bottom the most talented in the Pac 10.

3...2...1...Enter Mirabal to tell us Beanerdict Arnold wouldn’t take the UM job no matter what.

'Chise … I do have some good insight into the Mario situation, going back a lot of years.

On this one, I will say that Mario took some unfair hits on his decision to join Saban's staff. He did have Golden's endorsement to do so, and looking back, it was the right career move for him. The circumstances were almost identical to Mike Barrow's decision to join Pete Carroll. Worked out well for Mike, and yes, people were also miffed to see him leave, but there are no hard feelings from what I can see.

As for Mario, he would love to be back as HC at UM, as that's the only job he really craves. His contract actually has a rider that restructures his buyout if he takes the UM job. Absolutely, we can debate whether he would be the right hire, that's always up for discussion. (Personally, I think he could be great for the 'Canes, but that's just my opinion). You may think otherwise, and that's ok. But I can tell you, his love for UM and his desire to be it's HC some day is unquestioned.

Advertisement
Ya took everything in me not to bet Wash, thankfully I made right choice. Wash had the better of the play, and that was probably pass interference on 4th down at the end.
I took Washington on the ML. Win some and lose some and yeah..... that was defintely PI.

Tremendous recruiter that benefited from the bag games at bama and Oregon, average at best coach. He won’t be able to replicate that at UM. If we were to replace Diaz we need an innovative offensive X’s and O’s Savant not a lineman

What if he hired a great OC. One thing i've learned is that great teams have great CEO HCs and even better OC and DCs who become HCs one day

Advertisement
'Chise … I do have some good insight into the Mario situation, going back a lot of years.

On this one, I will say that Mario took some unfair hits on his decision to join Saban's staff. He did have Golden's endorsement to do so, and looking back, it was the right career move for him. The circumstances were almost identical to Mike Barrow's decision to join Pete Carroll. Worked out well for Mike, and yes, people were also miffed to see him leave, but there are no hard feelings from what I can see.

As for Mario, he would love to be back as HC at UM, as that's the only job he really craves. His contract actually has a rider that restructures his buyout if he takes the UM job. Absolutely, we can debate whether he would be the right hire, that's always up for discussion. (Personally, I think he could be great for the 'Canes, but that's just my opinion). You may think otherwise, and that's ok. But I can tell you, his love for UM and his desire to be it's HC some day is unquestioned.
I like you too much to dog your friend, so I’ll just bow out, brother.

What if he hired a great OC. One thing i've learned is that great teams have great CEO HCs and even better OC and DCs who become HCs one day
You’d hope that would be the case but given our history I think that’s something we’ve consistently failed at doing

Matt Campbell’s buyout!!!

“Campbell has been a hot name for other coaching positions the last two years, including jobs like Ohio State and the Cleveland Browns. In his new contract, his buyout is $7 million if he leaves for another job before Feb. 1, 2019. It decreases $1 million annually thereafter

would love campbell as a coach, but do you think he would take the job here(no sarcasm genuinely asking)? isnt he a midwest type of guy? Plus matter of time till a big time program offers and i think he knows that.

would love campbell as a coach, but do you think he would take the job here(no sarcasm genuinely asking)? isnt he a midwest type of guy? Plus matter of time till a big time program offers and i think he knows that.
The only way to find out is to make the phone call and make him say no. Jimmy was a Midwest guy too...if Arkansas hires him then he never steps foot on Miami’s campus.

Advertisement
Manny flat out isn’t good at recruiting and it absolutely floors me because he has a great personality with the media

Manny uses big words.

The only way to talk to South Florida kids is with ONE-SYLLABLE words.

Two syllable and they start glazing over. Three, and you might as well be speaking some island Creole tongue to mother****ers cause they ain't understanding you.

I believe you cited the wrong contract. Cristobal signed an extension. Per the extension, the buyout went up to $9 million before 1/14/2020, $8 million for a year thereafter.

Advertisement
Mario isn't the answer. He also isn't leaving what he has at Oregon. He's no dummy. Great facilities, loads of money and has to navigate the average Pac-12.

He's gonna give all that up to come back to rebuild Miami and deal with this fickle fan base? No chance. Not anytime soon.

Yep. He would be dumb to come here and attempt to navigate the mighty Coastal.

Miami and most of the **** posters deserve Manny. Some how they are cool with the Intern if it means Mario is kept away. He has built himself a strong resume and he is showing all of that currently at Oregon. But you dumb ***** can’t let go of the fact he left the clown show to go learn from one of the greatest. You ******** act like he went to FSU. You are as dumb as the Admin that you constantly complain about.

Advertisement
Back