Mario C. Contract

Butch Davis was the same way. He was a great recruiter but not a great game day coach.

OK but we can't afford to gamble right now, we gambled this time.

And those were different days...Butch was a great evaluator as well, maybe the best ever, not sure I can say that about Cristobal just yet.

Advertisement
Mario is cuban Butch: can recruit, instills toughness and discipline, and is growing as a gamely coach. At this point, I am 10000000000000% in on the Mario train.

I feel the same about him as I have the last couple hires...Would have rather had him than Diaz. He's not ANYWHERE NEAR my first choice but not the worst hire and has recruiting strengths.

BUT I really think it's important we hire outside the god **** "canes family" at this point.

Yo he left this **** show when Al was here and it was the right thing to do. His recruiting is top notch, he is acting as a CEO (learned from the best in Saban) and he has had many true freshman play this year because of injuries. Mario is kicking ***, and he is not going to leave an amazing situation to come to this train wreck. Btw all of you anti Mario losers if we played Oregon they would kick the **** out of us.

Why don't you suck him?

Advertisement
Some of the posters on here who say bags aren’t real and you have a recent former player confirming it.
You guys dont think he learned how to recruit with bags at Bama. Smart sure did. Muschump recruiting was pretty good at florida. I think the key to recruiting with bags is getting a coach from the Bama tree. I think the reason u see the ncaa letting georgia dropping crazy bags now is because they kno kirby would snitch on bama if the ncaa came knocking. As we all see the ncaa doesnt want Bama in trouble.

Advertisement
You guys dont think he learned how to recruit with bags at Bama. Smart sure did. Muschump recruiting was pretty good at florida. I think the key to recruiting with bags is getting a coach from the Bama tree. I think the reason u see the ncaa letting georgia dropping crazy bags now is because they kno kirby would snitch on bama if the ncaa came knocking. As we all see the ncaa doesnt want Bama in trouble.
I have no doubt that Mario knows how it works. We’re not intrinsically the same as Bama, UGA and these other bag schools. He won’t do here what he could do at these places. No slight intended. It’s cultural.

I think Mario would recruit at Miami about as well as anyone today could recruit here and could get us into the top ten but we would continue to lose kids to the places with people who will stop at almost nothing to get kids to their schools. We’re not paying $200k for a RB or moving a QB and family from Hawaii to Miami with a house and jobs for his family. That’s just beyond his control.

I feel the same about him as I have the last couple hires...Would have rather had him than Diaz. He's not ANYWHERE NEAR my first choice but not the worst hire and has recruiting strengths.

BUT I really think it's important we hire outside the god **** "canes family" at this point.
Outside Cane nation or inside, the point is, we need someone who is not operating off of potential, but rather success and it needs to be trending up, not down, like Richt.

changes need to be made at top AD level and above, Athletic dept as presently constituted cannot and will not bring back to relevance

Advertisement
I doubt Mario is the answer. He only gets mentioned here because he's from Miami.

When Nick Saban retires, are they going after Mario? If Dabo takes the Texans job, are they going after Mario? That should be the test.

Love this place I get laughs here.your out of your mind thinking all these coaches are coming to this **** show .when butch left we could ve had our pick.we chose the easy route which put us in the shape we are in today.besides if any of them did come and don't give instant results this fan base will turn on them.no good coach is going to bring his family into this environment.they've seen how this fan base has treated last coaches and their families in the past including butch..some of you need to think about that and maybe scale back some of the venom.that's if you want a decent coach to come here.choice is yours to make continue on and you'll have to settle for what we have been settling for since butch left.
Yikes. You dropped the hammer.......hammer of truth!

Nice job by you

Love this place I get laughs here.your out of your mind thinking all these coaches are coming to this **** show .when butch left we could ve had our pick.we chose the easy route which put us in the shape we are in today.besides if any of them did come and don't give instant results this fan base will turn on them.no good coach is going to bring his family into this environment.they've seen how this fan base has treated last coaches and their families in the past including butch..some of you need to think about that and maybe scale back some of the venom.that's if you want a decent coach to come here.choice is yours to make continue on and you'll have to settle for what we have been settling for since butch left.
Spot on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back