Mario built this Oregon team or did he?

I've been silent, but this crap is ****ing me off. So yall gone act like Mario aint win the pac 12 and the Rose bowl 2 times? GTFOHWTBS!

EDIT: Dan Lanning aint won **** with all them **** resources. Gtfoh.
Are you going to act like Mario didn’t back door into 1 pac 12 title because Covid restrictions knocked out 1 of the teams playing that year?

Is that really one of the 2 pac 12 titles you’re going to count?

Advertisement
Lanning doesn’t touch that job if it’s not in the position Mario put it in. For all y’all that want to discredit the man even for stuff he did well go look at Oregons recruiting classes before Mario. You’ll be shocked by what you see. It’s funny all that Phil Knight money wasn’t getting top classes before Mario arrived.

There’s a reason Mario got that job when he did, it was in bad shape and it wasn’t nearly attractive as it was when he left. Since Chip the program was non existent. Chip was a freak occurrence of a new , innovative scheme making up for recruiting / talent which eventually fizzled out. Kinda like Sourrier who was miles ahead of the Sec when he arrived.

If you want to crqp on Mario there’s enough in game stuff to fill your time but the Oregon stuff is just pathetic. It’s very easy to see where it was before and after he arrived. If people are too caught up in being ignorant that’s on them. It’s sad.
Didn’t say he didn’t leave it in a good position, i give mario credit there..Its one of the reasons i wanted him here but i just disagreed with best place its ever been..Thats not true at all

I don’t discredit him but with context there’s stuff that we seen there that was a preview for what he is here right now.

Oregon has been a good program for a long time now so that bad shape **** is a lie they had one losing season in like 15 years

I think people trying to give him credit for building them up or now trying to say lanning has his team when he purged alot of the roster and made upgrades at key positions including coordinators ,leads people to go to the extreme opposite to balance the narrative but its clear mario did a good job there..Some of it is just overrating it to push this be patient **** here when we should be alot better now

Last edited:
Can we just admit that it was a good partnership with Oregon and Mario?
It was a university with potential to be a strong program, based on the winning infrastructure from recent past, the large funding and athletic department support, and Mario had a very strong work ethic and recruiting acumen which work in hand with the former. Which made him a good football coach too.
The Oregon program need his juice to jack up recruiting and get the talent back up, but the infrastructure was already there. It was only a 2 or 3 year drop in talent in Oregon, so the challenge wasn't as hard, the built-in expectations of a successful program were already there. He didn't have to go full re-building of an Athletic Department and support system, as well as building a winning culture, or a culture or work for football.

Both arguments can be right.

Dan Lanning came in, kept the train rolling with strong recruiting and brought in some more dynamic players via the Portal etc. and end being a very good coach in his own right as well.

All the above can be true.

Are you going to act like Mario didn’t back door into 1 pac 12 title because Covid restrictions knocked out 1 of the teams playing that year?

Is that really one of the 2 pac 12 titles you’re going to count?

Nope i sure aint...unlike you and that old retred battleship known as @The Franchise
Seem to like to foget that Mario took over for Taggar and his disaster. Same as Norvell did.

Advertisement
I was incorrect on the 0-1. I do apologize for that. As for the ACC vs PAC. The ACC is by far the better conference.

lol; this, too, is incorrect. I’ve already posted that the PAC-12 as a conference has a better winning % than the ACC.

Right now, the PAC 12 have four top-25 teams; the ACC have two.

Right now, the PAC 12 have:
Two 10+ win teams
Two 8+ win teams
Three 7+ win teams
Five sub .500 teams

The ACC have:
Two 10+ win teams
Two 8+ win teams
One 7+ win team
Four 6+ win teams
Five sub .500 teams

The PAC-12 have been the stronger of the two conferences, & they were even stronger last year w/ five 10+ win teams, and one nine win team. The ACC has been filled w/ a litany of 7-5 teams all clogged together.

This years Oregon team is great but Oregon was good before Lanning got there. Lanning took over a well-oiled machine that was built by Mario. Now look at the team Mario inherited.
Mario inherited a team with the top 15 talent that was here when he got here. He had to fix the culture, but he didn’t need to strip it down to the very last fiber. The talent was/is already here. Mario has had more resources than every other coach that Miami has EVER had and has a worse record in his first two seasons than the last 5 coaches that have come through. All those coaches before faced the same challenges he has faced but he has had a huge upper hand in support, funding (recruiting budget, assistant coaches, & NIL funding), & resources (portal). Randy Shannon and Golden were taking economic flights to see recruits lol jk. Even Al Golden with “the cloud” over the program for nearly a year and a half had a better record in his first two seasons. That is un****ing believable!! He’s such a bad coach that he needs an overwhelming amount of blue chip players to beat teams with 2-3 star guys. His hires first year were horrid and OC second year has been bad as well. He is a good recruiter, but that’s about all he is good at and I guess culture. Everything else has been horrible. People say he is the CEO type.. if that’s the case he is the worst one I have ever seen. A good CEO hires people around them that run the business. Mario doesn’t let his OC’s run the business. He is stuck in 1988 and wants to run a power offense. He’s a control freak, but has no clue on Xs and Os. That’s his biggest weakness. If he doesn’t change this he will not be successful here. I want the guy to succeed but he is making it more difficult for himself.

Advertisement
lol; this, too, is incorrect. I’ve already posted that the PAC-12 as a conference has a better winning % than the ACC.

Right now, the PAC 12 have four top-25 teams; the ACC have two.

Right now, the PAC 12 have:
Two 10+ win teams
Two 8+ win teams
Three 7+ win teams
Five sub .500 teams

The ACC have:
Two 10+ win teams
Two 8+ win teams
One 7+ win team
Four 6+ win teams
Five sub .500 teams

The PAC-12 have been the stronger of the two conferences, & they were even stronger last year w/ five 10+ win teams, and one nine win team. The ACC has been filled w/ a litany of 7-5 teams all clogged together.
PAC and ACC both have 4 top 25 teams in the CFP poll. ACC was 5-4 in bowl games last year, pac was 3-4. That win % you posted is a joke. What were they separated by .008%? That’s some huge margin there lol.

Nope i sure aint...unlike you and that old retred battleship known as @The Franchise
Seem to like to foget that Mario took over for Taggar and his disaster. Same as Norvell did.
What makes you say Taggert was a disaster or Oregon? Mario was given a team that was 7-5 and Taggert left the program in better shape than when it was handed to him.

Those are called Facts, don't try to distort them because it doesn't fit the narrative for your CORCH

PAC and ACC both have 4 top 25 teams in the CFP poll. ACC was 5-4 in bowl games last year, pac was 3-4. That win % you posted is a joke. What were they separated by .008%? That’s some huge margin there lol.

1. Why r u bringing up bowl games from 2022-23, when we’re in the 2023-24 season? Furthermore, bowl games are not indicative of ****, b/c some teams don’t even play their starters in these games if they are declaring.

2. When u say “by far better”, & a that “weaker” conference has a higher winning %…I mean, that already debunks that notion. Lol

And here’s the AP Top 25

1. UGA (SEC)
2. O$U (B1G)
3. UofM (B1G)
4. UW (PAC-12)
5. FSU (ACC)
6. UO (PAC-12)
7. UT (Big-12)
8. Bama (SEC)
9. UL (ACC)
10. Mizzou (SEC)
11. PSU (B1G)
12. Ole Miss (SEC)
13. OU (Big-12)
14. LSU (SEC)
15. OrSU (PAC-12)
16. AU (PAC-12)
17. ND (Ind)
18. Tulane (AAC)
19. KSU (Big-12)
20. Iowa (B1G)
21. OKSt (Big-12)
22. Liberty (Conf USA)
23. Toledo (MAC)
24. JMU (Sun Belt)
25. UTenn (SEC)

SEC: 6
B1G: 4
Big-12: 4
PAC-12: 4
ACC: 2
Ind: 1
AAC: 1
MAC: 1
Sun Belt: 1
Conf USA: 1

Again, smh.

“Why do we keep stealing coaches from Temple or promoting from within?”

Because when we don’t, we have to spend more money and our fans are equally impatient.

Advertisement
Advertisement
To be fair the turnaround started under Taggart and Mario was on his staff. Oregon was 4-8 the year before Taggart. Taggart went 7-5 (Mario took over for the bowl game and lost).
And Taggart has down so well since he left Oregon for FSU…and then FAU….and then…..

Lanning doesn’t touch that job if it’s not in the position Mario put it in. For all y’all that want to discredit the man even for stuff he did well go look at Oregons recruiting classes before Mario. You’ll be shocked by what you see. It’s funny all that Phil Knight money wasn’t getting top classes before Mario arrived.

There’s a reason Mario got that job when he did, it was in bad shape and it wasn’t nearly attractive as it was when he left. Since Chip the program was non existent. Chip was a freak occurrence of a new , innovative scheme making up for recruiting / talent which eventually fizzled out. Kinda like Sourrier who was miles ahead of the Sec when he arrived.

If you want to crqp on Mario there’s enough in game stuff to fill your time but the Oregon stuff is just pathetic. It’s very easy to see where it was before and after he arrived. If people are too caught up in being ignorant that’s on them. It’s sad.
They fizzled out bc Helfrich wasnt Chip Kelly. Kelly was 46-7, 33-3 in the Pac12.

Advertisement
Back