Marcus Clarke Latest

Advertisement
Why is his score so low for those athletic numbers? The only thing that is below average is his powerball
Because the powerball wasn’t just below average... it was in the 16th percentile. That’s like the teacher giving you credit in school for turning in a blank paper with just your name on it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saw we got a couple crystal balls for Clarke, how good is the kid? Who does he compare to? Any other CBs on the board? Spoke to someone on the staff at Central that said Gray is pretty open. Just sharing the info.
Kid played himself. He should commiserate with 4☆D.

There's an entire thread about Clarke and the consensus is that right now while he's leaning Canes he is an underrated future Phillip Buchanon. If he goes elsewhere everyone will say he is a wide receiver project and we need to be hunting bigger game anyway.

As for Gray, of course he's open, he's slow for his size and his original favorites seem to have de-prioritized him. Hope he ends up at Arkansas State or something.
Here, I fixed it for you.

Advertisement
Agreed;

Pls don’t force this kid in to one position or another. Sign him as an athlete.

This dude has speed on top of speed, and what I look for w speedsters is how fast can they reaccelerate when contact is made. This dude regains and reestablishes speed immediately. Plus, when a DB had an angle on him, he used str8 line speed to smoke him.

He’ll be pushing for a low four star. He’s already got big boy school offers, so he’ll be kept an eye upon from recruiting services.

Just get him here by any means
Agreed but what really stands out to me about Clarke is that we're not looking at just another speed merchant. Clarke is a natural football player with excellent instincts. He's one of these players you see once in a while who have an innate football IQ. That can't be taught. I'm very impressed with Clarke as he has the speed, agility, lateral quickness, burst and change of direction to be a true difference maker at this level. These types of players are always dominant at multiple positions. There's a difference between having positional versatility and having the God given ability to dominate at multiple positions.

The film shows a dynamic return man, an explosive big play receiver and a natural DB(could play safety or CB) with the elite athleticism to stay with his man and the instincts to locate the ball at the same time. It goes without saying that when Clarke gets his hands on the ball as a DB he is a threat to take it to the house every single time. I concur with the posters right above in that we need to put on the full court press on Clarke. Let him come as an athlete and sort it out on Greentree. I prefer CB because someone with Clarkes profile at CB is potentially game changing especially with all of the pressure our front 4 will be putting on opposing QB's. Manolo needs to rent a chopper for this kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back