Marcus Clarke Latest

So Clarke and Francois are cbs? Is Hodges a S or CB? Branch and Washington are strikers. This year is the year where you make sure your depth at both db spots is all good. Haven’t paid any attention on where the staff plans on putting these guys.

Clarke and Hodges are CB, Francois is coming in as a FS, Washington as a striker and Branch has been told he could end up at Striker but more likely he ends up at CB or S.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Clarke and Hodges are CB, Francois is coming in as a FS, Washington as a striker and Branch has been told he could end up at Striker but more likely he ends up at CB or S.
A few months back it was said they brought washington in as a athlete on defense.

My type of corner prospect. Feet, feet, feet. Acceleration. Looks like good awareness.

It goes understated how much we've suffered from the bad break of losing Malek Young, who'd likely be a Senior shutdown corner right about now. I know Rumph likes guys in his mold (i despise when former players overemphasize this strategy), but we should continue to pick up the other type a couple times a year, too. We got Couch this past year, for example.

And I remember how you once stated that CB was DJ Dallas' best position. Having the two of them back there would have changed the dynamic of the whole defense.

And before someone says it, Dallas was moved around like a jack of all trades before he even played in a game. He was tried at WR before moving to RB before appearing in a single game. We've seemed to have an easier time recruiting WRs and RBs and have recovered nicely at those positions. Unless you've played it at a elite level in high school, CB also seems to have a longer learning curve. (That why the Campbells and Stevensons come at such a premium.)

Advertisement
Saw we got a couple crystal balls for Clarke, how good is the kid? Who does he compare to? Any other CBs on the board? Spoke to someone on the staff at Central that said Gray is pretty open. Just sharing the info.

Saw we got a couple crystal balls for Clarke, how good is the kid? Who does he compare to? Any other CBs on the board? Spoke to someone on the staff at Central that said Gray is pretty open. Just sharing the info.

There's an entire thread about Clarke and the consensus is that right now while he's leaning Canes he is an underrated future Phillip Buchanon. If he goes elsewhere everyone will say he is a wide receiver project and we need to be hunting bigger game anyway.

As for Gray, of course he's open, he's slow for his size and his original favorites seem to have de-prioritized him. Hope he ends up at Arkansas or something.

Advertisement
And I remember how you once stated that CB was DJ Dallas' best position. Having the two of them back there would have changed the dynamic of the whole defense.

And before someone says it, Dallas was moved around like a jack of all trades before he even played in a game. He was tried at WR before moving to RB before appearing in a single game. We've seemed to have an easier time recruiting WRs and RBs and have recovered nicely at those positions. Unless you've played it at a elite level in high school, CB also seems to have a longer learning curve. (That why the Campbells and Stevensons come at such a premium.)
If I see a guy who I think has the attributes to be a plus contributor at Safety or CB, I admit I'm biased at wanting them to be tried there - unless they can do unique things with the football in their hands. Dallas has been a fine Hurricane and we'll see what he produces this year, but I'd have still liked to see him get a look at Safety during the time he was being looked at as a multiple position guy. DB is f'in hard. Bring me all the athletes - especially the ones who process info quickly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back