Marcus Clarke enters the portal

Advertisement
Hes not getting a jump on anything if he cant play. Where is he going to go unless like i stated he goes down a level.

Hes a 3rd year sophomore, but i think he may have a redshirt in his back pocket as well. So he may be unique.
He still gonna go to school here most likely and just wait for offers.. When I say jump on it I mean he saw guys do it last year (Wiggins and Pope), he probably hot like this dude Ivey get cooked everyday and every new coach STILL like he just LOOKS like a dude, the light bulb gonna come on any moment now, lol..

Whats the point if he not gonna play, got SIX corners in front of him, some of them coming back most likely anyway and new staff recruiting their guys..

I would think after 2nd scrimmage and camp ends, with them scout team announced we will probably have more, you got TE room stocked with guy like Mallory in red jersey all camp but gonna start and a bunch of guys with 3 commits coming, lol.. we like wu tang deep at TE, LMAO

Advertisement
I get him entering the portal but why now? I’m pretty sure it’s too late to enroll at a new school and play in 2022.

If a kid has every intention on entering the portal why would you want him on the team? We don't need that type of bad energy around when where trying to recreate the culture already

because most of these kids dont even know that. They just think they can do whatever they want and get stuck in that portal.

That being said ...the minute DP Jr came aboard i figured if he didnt make a move over Couch he was dead in the water. Honestly he played better than Couch last year to me...but apparently Couch has turned it back on.
He had a shot being an inside slot cb....but with i believe Couch and DP jr we likely have it covered.

Unless he is going down a level to the FCS or an HBCU to play he likely will have to sit out.
This is correct

Timing make no sense, especially based on the tweet he doesn’t seem to have a school lined up. You losing a year of eligibility anyway.

Why not stay and maybe get some play time instead of guaranteeing to not play at another school if he lands at one. Also I doubt he’s gonna get an offer from a school with a better mix of S&C and coaching.

Also I bet he was passed by graves and Harris and got no time at nickel. Gone

Advertisement
I knew this would happen....somebody on this staff
Wish him the best, hope it works out. He got some PT for us before, he can play in a favorable situation. He got Ivey'd
Exactly, everybody knows he's better than Ivey.....for some odd reason coaches continue to get fooled in camp....everybody keep saying Ivey will be better in press....if they really paid attention he's not physical at all imo...his tackling in open space is terrible....dude been here like 10 years still sorry ASF....

If a kid has every intention on entering the portal why would you want him on the team? We don't need that type of bad energy around when where trying to recreate the culture already
I’m taking about from his perspective. If I was him, I would have either entered the portal after spring or just waited until after the season

Advertisement
He still gonna go to school here most likely and just wait for offers.. When I say jump on it I mean he saw guys do it last year (Wiggins and Pope), he probably hot like this dude Ivey get cooked everyday and every new coach STILL like he just LOOKS like a dude, the light bulb gonna come on any moment now, lol..

Whats the point if he not gonna play, got SIX corners in front of him, some of them coming back most likely anyway and new staff recruiting their guys..

I would think after 2nd scrimmage and camp ends, with them scout team announced we will probably have more, you got TE room stocked with guy like Mallory in red jersey all camp but gonna start and a bunch of guys with 3 commits coming, lol.. we like wu tang deep at TE, LMAO
Once you enter the portal, the school can void your scholarship. They are not obligated to keep it while you wait to find a new school.

This has nothing to do with DJ Ivey. Clarke was going to be the #7 cb this year.

Dunson is the one from that class that we’re hearing about competing for playing time.

Clarke was super mediocre last year, I’d have liked to see him stay around and compete but this isn’t a huge loss

Advertisement
This has nothing to do with DJ Ivey. Clarke was going to be the #7 cb this year.

Dunson is the one from that class that we’re hearing about competing for playing time.

Clarke was super mediocre last year, I’d have liked to see him stay around and compete but this isn’t a huge loss
Dunson has stepped up , he‘s one of the biggest surprises sense the new staff arrived.

This is like when Derrick Smith left right before the season. I dont get the timing either.

and it's not like we missed derrick smith.

clarke was thought of highly by @Liberty City El

always curious about what his take is on it, the production didn't match the expectations, even with the overall bump in the quality of coaching,

let's face it, if clarke couldn't get much better under Mario, Addae, Steele, Feld, et. al., then you have to understand he had pretty much topped out as a Miami Hurricane, and was getting buried on the depth chart with no hope of moving up

Advertisement
Back