Marcus Clarke enters the portal

Advertisement
I get him entering the portal but why now? I’m pretty sure it’s too late to enroll at a new school and play in 2022.
This was my thoughts I don't get the timing play in the rotation this year and ball after. Unless he's saving a year I eligibility but even then he could have told coaches that and played in 4 this year. Idk

It’s not that I didn’t expect anything from him, I’m just saying that this board (just like many other fan-based online communities do) tend to overhype all (or a majority) of their recruits; we are especially guilty of this with our three-star guys. When you look back at the evaluators of talent we’ve had the past decade or so, it’s no surprise.

We’ve been saying there’s going to be major attrition from the holdover guys, either this season or shortly after. I’m not shocked.

I didn’t expect **** from him. At best he was depth, and that’s all he was going to be.

Still, pretty dumb to transfer now. He would have to sit a season. He should transfer when the next portal window opens up. That way he can still practice with the team and maybe get on the field this year.

Explain to me the incentive for a kid to leave now. He's not going to play anywhere this season, right? So why not stay on and see what happens? Maybe injuries happen and he's pressed into action and puts film on for the next team.
This is why this move is puzzling. Even if he doesnt start he's at least practicing and working on his craft. Could transfer next year . Mario is weeding out the soft mentality, pressure busts pipes.

Advertisement
I get him entering the portal but why now? I’m pretty sure it’s too late to enroll at a new school and play in 2022.
because most of these kids dont even know that. They just think they can do whatever they want and get stuck in that portal.

That being said ...the minute DP Jr came aboard i figured if he didnt make a move over Couch he was dead in the water. Honestly he played better than Couch last year to me...but apparently Couch has turned it back on.
He had a shot being an inside slot cb....but with i believe Couch and DP jr we likely have it covered.

Unless he is going down a level to the FCS or an HBCU to play he likely will have to sit out.

Explain to me the incentive for a kid to leave now. He's not going to play anywhere this season, right? So why not stay on and see what happens? Maybe injuries happen and he's pressed into action and puts film on for the next team.
I tried explaining this before, have to see if I can hunt this down. But we are "fanatics" of the team, we will always look at it different compared to players.. Some guys look at it what should be done eventually, should be done immediately. You got 5/6 corners in front of you why risk it, get a jump on it and get in favorable situation.

Will probably happen some more when some players find themselves on scout team after 2nd scrimmage.. Alot of guys dont see themselves buried behind 6 guys 3 years in.. We have to trim the fat anyway, we need to turnover roster with STUDS, how the **** we expect that to happen. We already got 6/7 year seniors and people STILL enamored with Ivey.. :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
It’s not that I didn’t expect anything from him, I’m just saying that this board (just like many other fan-based online communities do) tend to overhype all (or a majority) of their recruits; we are especially guilty of this with our three-star guys. When you look back at the evaluators of talent we’ve had the past decade or so, it’s no surprise.

We’ve been saying there’s going to be major attrition from the holdover guys, either this season or shortly after. I’m not shocked.
Don't forget that a bunch will add in there that Ed Reed was a 2*....................................yea, I am sorry but the world is NOT full of Ed Reed's lurking around in HS Football relatively unnoticed.

Advertisement
I tried explaining this before, have to see if I can hunt this down. But we are "fanatics" of the team, we will always look at it different compared to players.. Some guys look at it what should be done eventually, should be done immediately. You got 5/6 corners in front of you why risk it, get a jump on it and get in favorable situation.

Will probably happen some more when some players find themselves on scout team after 2nd scrimmage.. Alot of guys dont see themselves buried behind 6 guys 3 years in.. We have to trim the fat anyway, we need to turnover roster with STUDS, how the **** we expect that to happen. We already got 6/7 year seniors and people STILL enamored with Ivey.. :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Hes not getting a jump on anything if he cant play. Where is he going to go unless like i stated he goes down a level.

Hes a 3rd year sophomore, but i think he may have a redshirt in his back pocket as well. So he may be unique.

Advertisement
We got ALOT of CBs.

The people's champ Ivey
Blades
Stevenson
Porter
Tecory

Thats all guys who will get all PT and even some of them might not play alot..

Then you got the young guys

Dunson
Malik Curtis
Rogers
Graves
Jaden Harris

Wouldnt be surprised if more guys bounced, remember posting that guys would bounce and someone saying guys wont leave before season ends and I was trying to explain, guys will see certain situations and bounce before camp even ends.. With these 6/7 year guys not moving on and clogging up depth charts, good enough to play because of experience but not good enough to be impact players or in NFL you will have this at certain spots..
Champ ivey is better than champ bailey

Advertisement
Back