2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Would be our second lowest commitment. Not a lot to like on his film besides his size and frame. He just looks like the biggest dude on the field. We will have more 3* than 4* in the class, and he will be our second LB commit not even in the top 50 for their position. I know some are not star whores, but Mario needs elite talent to win. Not sure this is it

Advertisement
Scouting can be so difficult without real game film and actually getting to talk to the recruit. A recruits mental makeup is so important, that’s why you see so many highly ranked players who don’t have that drive in them fail while underrated recruits that actually have that dog in them become all conference players.
One of your better posts……

I cant gage the kid or evaluate him from that film. His speed is another issue deciphering because he’s so long. His 100 times are ok, nothing great or bad. He gets from sideline to sideline pretty well and is a striker when he arrives. Punishing people. He’s definitely a good blitzer, physical and is built like a tank. He looks the part , I just can’t get a good read on him as a player from that tape. I’d like to see him live.

I don’t know **** about **** but that tape is the most underwhelming tape I have seen in a long time. Kid looks slow and lumbering. Nothing in that tape tells me he should be a take for a Miami hurricanes football roster in need of major roster help. This looks like a kid who is barely good enough to go to ga tech.

This is super questionable I can’t believe this is the best they can find to fill the last LB spot.

Advertisement
We always talk about offer list and not stars well this offer list is eye opening. This is a Manny Diaz Al Golden plan D take.

8E39195A-6267-4DA1-8417-98418CA59243.jpeg

05DF4E20-6714-47DB-AC2C-67BCB4CC6F15.jpeg
8E39195A-6267-4DA1-8417-98418CA59243.jpeg
2ED640A1-6B03-4383-B32A-0AC44DDD8161.jpeg
05DF4E20-6714-47DB-AC2C-67BCB4CC6F15.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Denzel Perryman’s 5’11
Yes, Perryman is 5’11”, but the question was about Pulliam’s speed vs. Flagg’s speed and I said, he’s much faster than Flagg, but because he’s taller and a long strider, it may look as if he’s slow. Someone replied “5’11 vs. 6’3” (Pulliam). I said yes.

lol This thread...

TE who can catch but can't block? The coaches are idiots for playing him! Let's riot!

D-lineman who can stop the run but not get to the QB? Why are they playing this guy? Everybody riot!

Safety with a high coverage grade but can't tackle? Our coaches suck for playing him at safety! Let's riot!

QB who can run OR pass but not both? Skip straight to rioting.

Uncommitted LB who can stop the run, but shows literally nothing against the pass? Our coaches will use him effectively.
Question if he's one dimensional at all and you're a keyboard scout.

If he didn't commit, I wonder what you guys would think about him then.

Advertisement
Yes, Perryman is 5’11”, but the question was about Pulliam’s speed vs. Flagg’s speed and I said, he’s much faster than Flagg, but because he’s taller and a long strider, it may look as if he’s slow. Someone replied “5’11 vs. 6’3” (Pulliam). I said yes.
This. If you think Flagg is faster than this kid you’re high. It’ll take Flag three steps to equal one step of this guy. His arms are almost on the ground in his Lb stance. 6’3 and long as **** versus 5’11 and no length. And that’s not even talking body / muscle types. I still need to see more of this guy before I make a judgement. That film doesn’t show much.

Scouting can be so difficult without real game film and actually getting to talk to the recruit. A recruits mental makeup is so important, that’s why you see so many highly ranked players who don’t have that drive in them fail while underrated recruits that actually have that dog in them become all conference players.
I don’t follow recruiting as intensely as I used to so from my very outsider perspective this is a head scratching development………….with that said I agree with this +1,000,000. Well said.

Advertisement
This. If you think Flagg is faster than this kid you’re high. It’ll take Flag three steps to equal one step of this guy. His arms are almost on the ground in his Lb stance. 6’3 and long as **** versus 5’11 and no length. And that’s not even talking body / muscle types. I still need to see more of this guy before I make a judgement. That film doesn’t show much.
If this quote on his 247 profile is correct: Also runs track … Posted a 12.06 in the 100-meter dash in Spring of 2022 along with a 12.26 and a 12.82 in the event.......he might be the same speed at Flagg. That doesn't mean he can't improve but track times do hold water.

I posted in another thread that a 12.06 is roughly a 5.0 40, based on different methodologies on how to convert. The 12.26 and 12.82 are even slower. Flagg was a 4.92 at the Houston regional in HS.

Flagg sucks. No doubt. Js height ain’t everything. Need speed and talent. This is questionable. Why not fill with a proven portal player. Regardless in Mario I trust.

Advertisement
Back