2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Has a commitable offer independent of any other LB targets.

D, I have to point it out. 7 minutes worth of highlights and nothing of him in any type of coverage?

We all remember what happened with Shaq. I loved Shaq as a team leader. Great against the run. We found out the hard way what his game was missing.

This guy might be hardest hitter on the planet and a run killer. But in todays game, he has to have coverage skills.

Is that the plan? Get a LB who can actually tackle, and work on his coverage skills once they get him on campus? Guess that's better than hoping a coverage guy can learn to tackle.

Yes, but that's why the other poster mentioned the Portal.

It's difficult to replace all those spots with incoming freshmen who do not have experience and expect instant success.
Build room up with recruiting and we can still add 1-2 via portal. Poor recruiting is what got us in this position!

D, I have to point it out. 7 minutes worth of highlights and nothing of him in any type of coverage?

We all remember what happened with Shaq. I loved Shaq as a team leader. Great against the run. We found out the hard way what his game was missing.

This guy might be hardest hitter on the planet and a run killer. But in todays game, he has to have coverage skills.

Is that the plan? Get a LB who can actually tackle, and work on his coverage skills once they get him on campus? Guess that's better than hoping a coverage guy can learn to tackle.
Defenses have gotten so specialized based on matchups. They probably like this guy to be a plug in the middle for short yardage, goaline or run heavy formations. He would be a good piece to those packages, not everyone will be an every down player.

Advertisement
Saw the first couple of mins of highlights and stopped watching.

And not because I was impressed…he just bodied people…his a big boy but not that quick.
Overall, I like Clark better myself, but i like the way this kid plays, too. IDK if this kid will be able to make it a whole season the way he tries to hit people. Take em both!!!

Advertisement
I see a LB who can decipher a play, shed blocks, and fill assigned gaps. He’s solid and my player comp is Trent the toolbox Harris.

Advertisement
Not sure what his comp is like but nothing stood out on the highlights. Seems like a 1st/2nd down type lb. Nothing about his speed or diagnosis jumped out. No looks on dropping into coverage or covering a rb/te. Looks physical.
I’ve seen him play, personally. Has played great competition all year! Dude is plenty fast for a P5 Mike. I saw numerous cases on his highlight video and his last game, where he had to diagnose and then explode to the ball carrier. The kid is the goods, but he plays like he’s got a couple screws loose, tbh. That would be my concern…. Can he make it through a season? I’ll hit my day 1 up to find out more about him. But this kid has no issues trying to run through a muhfuccas chest, 😂🤣😂. Over and over again.

I agree not sure if he is much faster then Flagg and he gets killed on here.
🤣😂🤣😂. Bruh he’s MUCH FASTER THAN FLAGG! He’s taller and a long strider. Flagg wish he could run like this kid. What you probably saw him doing on those plays is diagnosing the plays. On the film of course, he never overruns plays. But he doesn’t in the game. I’ve seen him, he sees it, and then let’s loose.

Last edited:
I love his frame and the length. His arm length is absolutely ridiculous. 6’3 215-220. The defense is definitely getting bigger / longer.

I mean this sticks to what Mario said day 1 he was hired. He said I recruit body types. He clearly has a chart or guidelines when it comes to positions and weight size, etc. But I still question this take. If this kid does pick Miami is the first one that’s a little head scratching, but we don’t have a choice every kid is leaving the program or kinda just sucks so it is what it is

Advertisement
Back