2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Advertisement
Yea because I don't post paragraphs explaining **** that I have no ****** clue about. Go ahead and give another long antiquated post I can ignore gramp.

Don't be mad at other people just because you are a terrible porster.

Don't be mad at other people just because you are a terrible porster.
Praying Leslie Jordan GIF by CallMeKatFOX

Advertisement
End 1st q.
1st series was 'around' the ball - no tackles.
2nd series in progress - sheds block, uses length to paw at ball carrier, but a little late (sound familiar?).
Next -Blocked by G,
Next play sheds block makes tackle.
Next blocked by G
Next makes tackle 5 yds downfield.
Next - bats down pass at LOS
Next - jumps gap, back cuts back - TD.

Yeah the thing you can say is that the bottom of the class all have fantastic measurables and seem to pair that with the type of character Mario’s looking for.

Tripp and Lew as IOL have good size.
Reid and Carver all have great size at TE. No more 6’2 H-Backs.
Bobby, Kaleb (at Star) and Marcellus have elite size at LB. No more 5’11 LBs or converted DBs.
Kinsler and Tinilau have elite size at OT. No more 6’4 OTs or 6’7 OTs that weight 280. Bringing in another Poly kid which are known for their toughness.

There’s also only one kid (Bobby) from South Florida. It seems like Mario would rather build the bottom of the class with out of state kids instead of taking local 3 star kids. Interesting all the way around.
I agree the only reason I’m not really worried about the class is that at least the 3 stars have good measurables (size &athleticism). Unlike the past with Manny and Richt.

Advertisement
Mostly don't see the instinctiveness I saw on his highlights (and literally as I write he flows down the LOS, hits the gap and makes a tackle). Sideline to sideline speed above average for high school. He'll strike you, no doubt. Most effective as a blitzer. Not seeing MIKE at the next level. Maybe 1 of 2 ILB's?? Projects with growth TO ME as big outside linebacker/DE in a 3/4 multiple-scheme where he could use his physicality there. Who knows what Strong an do with him? I'll say this - he'll hit you, and enjoy it😂.

Last edited:
How many 4-5 stars are you expecting to land with a 5-7 record while losing to MTSU?

Might as well build from the ground up with these types. Once we start seeing improvement it will be much easier to recruit your top end guys that see the program about to turn the corner.

But I think Mario approaching this as a 3 year build at minimum. Amazing he has a top 10 class as it is.

Well, Diaz landed 10 4* recruits & 3 4* portal transfers after going 6-7 & losing to FIU, LA Tech, & sub .500 Duke/GT. This coming from a guy who was already here for 3 yrs, too.

Again, I don’t think u all understand what a 1st yr bump means. It doesn’t take records in to consideration. What’s more amazing is when a team like A&M r still landing high end players despite yrs of poor results. That’s a clear indication that lines r being blurred to get guys to commit. But 1st yr bumps r not uncommon. ****, Golden during sanctions, going 6-6 while losing to a 2 win Maryland & 4 win BC landed the #10 class his 1st cycle, which included snaking the #1 CB in Howard. Radio landed the #1 class (albeit inflated) after going 5-7.

Just some examples to jog ur memory.

Notice after the game Puliam was the one holding the trophy for the team picture. Leader? Also, noticed he lined up at TE in goal line sets.
3* is a fair assessment, imo. I've heard that late rd NFL picks should have one thing they excel at. Same could be said of 3*'s. This kid excels at being physical. He'll knock your block off. And do it again on the next snap. Kinda guy you try to stay away from in practice😂. Need to see how much this kid grows and find him a spot - ILB, OLB, DE, even TE? He's a TOUGH FOOTBALL PLAYER - and toughness hasn't been our strength. No guarantee he becomes a major contributor, but he certainly appears to like playing football. And that's more than I can say for a lot of the candy-asses I've seen in orange & green lately.

Advertisement
Notice after the game Puliam was the one holding the trophy for the team picture. Leader? Also, noticed he lined up at TE in goal line sets.
3* is a fair assessment, imo. I've heard that late rd NFL picks should have one thing they excel at. Same could be said of 3*'s. This kid excels at being physical. He'll knock your block off. And do it again on the next snap. Kinda guy you try to stay away from in practice😂. Need to see how much this kid grows and find him a spot - ILB, OLB, DE, even TE? He's a TOUGH FOOTBALL PLAYER - and toughness hasn't been our strength. No guarantee he becomes a major contributor, but he certainly appears to like playing football. And that's more than I can say for a lot of the candy-asses I've seen in orange & green lately.
All fair assessments

Our 2022 LB room averaged 6’0 215 lbs. We need size first and secondly we need diversity in skill set. This dude brings size and hit power. I don’t know if he can do anything else but he checks two needed boxes.

This sounds just like what the board said about Troutman.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back