2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Between this kid and Washington there’s some violence coming to our defense we haven’t seen since Shaq

No one fears getting hit by our LBs right now. The last “wow” hits I really remember were from Shaq

Not sure where the ceiling is with Pulliam and a Washington but these guys will throw the “soft” moniker out there window

Advertisement
Ill do plus or minus for you
QB -
RB -
WR -
TE +
OL +
DE +
DT -
OLB +
MLB +
CB +
S -
That's a lot of rooms we still need to add. #8 means very little in the scheme of things we are heavy at OL and LB but the rest of class has holes that haven't been addressed yet.

Uhhhh...no.

First, QB is not a minus. We have one of the top performers from the Elite 11. Could we have had 2? Sure. But it's not a "minus" when nearly every team takes one per year (and the Portal exists).

RB and WR are not done yet, and I know the targets. As the kids like to say, we aren't done yet.

DT and S are also being worked on, I feel better about DT right now than S. These may be more heavily addressed in the Portal (vs. HS), so I won't fight over the rating currently.

I understand the temptation to say "hey, I can't give more credit for guys who haven't given verbals yet", and I'm not completely against that. But even the verbals are NOT YET signed, so it is just as POSSIBLE that a verbal doesn't sign with Miami as it is POSSIBLE that a strong-lean will ultimately pick Miami.

If the class closes as anticipated, it's a POSSIBLE NC-winning class (as a fraction of a roster) which might need a bit of Portal help on defense, as the remaining DT/S targets are not as explosive as some of the other targets.

Uhhhh...no.

First, QB is not a minus. We have one of the top performers from the Elite 11. Could we have had 2? Sure. But it's not a "minus" when nearly every team takes one per year (and the Portal exists).

RB and WR are not done yet, and I know the targets. As the kids like to say, we aren't done yet.

DT and S are also being worked on, I feel better about DT right now than S. These may be more heavily addressed in the Portal (vs. HS), so I won't fight over the rating currently.

I understand the temptation to say "hey, I can't give more credit for guys who haven't given verbals yet", and I'm not completely against that. But even the verbals are NOT YET signed, so it is just as POSSIBLE that a verbal doesn't sign with Miami as it is POSSIBLE that a strong-lean will ultimately pick Miami.

If the class closes as anticipated, it's a POSSIBLE NC-winning class (as a fraction of a roster) which might need a bit of Portal help on defense, as the remaining DT/S targets are not as explosive as some of the other targets.
Perfectly written

Stop bringing facts to this thread….. Miami 3 stars are built different Brooooooooo.

Elite teams don’t win with 3 stars. That’s just facts!

To all the built different 3 stars for Miami!

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF
Georgia is doing it with the most important position on the field stetson Bennett -qb

Uhhhh...no.

Top performer based on what exactly? He didn't finish in the top 11. Neither did Rashada for that matter but I think you like a lot of individuals are putting too much stock into that event.

Advertisement
Top performer based on what exactly? He didn't finish in the top 11. Neither did Rashada for that matter but I think you like a lot of individuals are putting too much stock into that event.

He actually did, based on performance at the camp. Ask around.

Do you know how the "official" Elite 11 scores are formed? Yeah, over half (50%) of the "final ranking" score is PRE-ELITE-11 numbers. So, Emory, who got (probably) the last invitation to the Elite 11 was already at the bottom before the camp ever opened.

People who actually OBSERVED the Elite 11 said that he was one of the top performers AT THE CAMP.

It depends on the caliber of those pieces. We don't have a #1 WR we have a RB. We dont have a full secondary class yet. The DL still looks light need a few more bodies their. The most important position is QB and as much as CIS is doing mental gymnastics to explain how he's a top QB in the country. I think most can agree he is a ways a way from contributing.
Ok. So if we close with let's say: Samson, Bain, Clark, McLeod, Fletcher, and Derrick Williams ?

He actually did, based on performance at the camp. Ask around.

Do you know how the "official" Elite 11 scores are formed? Yeah, over half (50%) of the "final ranking" score is PRE-ELITE-11 numbers. So, Emory, who got (probably) the last invitation to the Elite 11 was already at the bottom before the camp ever opened.

People who actually OBSERVED the Elite 11 said that he was one of the top performers AT THE CAMP.
If interested the people from Elite 11 put out top finialists. They actually run the event so they may have some perspective to offer.
FWl2GsdUcAAToGQ.jpeg

Advertisement
If interested the people from Elite 11 put out top finialists. They actually run the event so they may have some perspective to offer. View attachment 217987

Which part of "the ranking you just posted is based on MORE THAN 50% STATISTICAL DATA FROM BEFORE ELITE 11" do you not understand?

Do you read these posts using Google Translate?

That ranking you posted is NOT solely based on the Elite 11 camp. It's because they want to assure the top QBs that they will "still" be the top QBs, even if they suck at Elite 11.

But, hey, thanks for nothing. Argumentatively speaking, of course.

Between this kid and Washington there’s some violence coming to our defense we haven’t seen since Shaq

No one fears getting hit by our LBs right now. The last “wow” hits I really remember were from Shaq

Not sure where the ceiling is with Pulliam and a Washington but these guys will throw the “soft” moniker out there window
Violence GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
Which part of "the ranking you just posted is based on MORE THAN 50% STATISTICAL DATA FROM BEFORE ELITE 11" do you not understand?

Do you read these posts using Google Translate?

That ranking you posted is NOT solely based on the Elite 11 camp. It's because they want to assure the top QBs that they will "still" be the top QBs, even if they suck at Elite 11.

But, hey, thanks for nothing. Argumentatively speaking, of course.
Good talk.

Fair enough. That would probably be the # 6 class in the country when all was said and done if it played out like that.
Not a bad class but with a lot of projections and no QB1 or WR1 on top of the game day coaching limitations. We will need 2 or 3 of those and some more can't miss prospects.

Advertisement
Not a bad class but with a lot of projections and no QB1 or WR1 on top of the game day coaching limitations. We will need 2 or 3 of those and some more can't miss prospects.
I think the short term plan for the WR1 type will likely come from the portal

Advertisement
Back