2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Advertisement
Ok so I did a little more digging. He’s clearly got an edge about him… u can see it in his game. He’s a really smart young man in the classroom. 3.6 GPA points that out. He’s a good kid, overall. Very passionate about the game. Originally from Detroit, living with his older sister in the Atlanta area. I Don’t know the full story there, (my guess is that city life situations can be rough to overcome) so the sister is basically his parent….but no doubt, he is a CITY kid, which means he can be a little “rough around the edges”! He ain’t afraid to throw hands either, 😂. He’s basically the man of the house…at 17, so with that u have to take the good with the bad. I’ve seen him have heated conversations with coaches (NOT where anybody has to get between them or anything), he’s not the “backdown type”. You give it, he’s gonna look you right in the eyes, and give it right back to you. He’s passionate about this ****. This means he’s gonna need an Aloha male type (Charlie Strong) to coach him. No weak kneed ***, soft talking, skin moisturized, slack jawed, male figures please, or this kid will run right over him. He loves football, and more than that, he loves hitting muhfuccas…. hard! If I find out more, I’ll bring it to you guys.
How do you think Manny and Patke would’ve fared as his LB’s coach?

Lmao every year we rationalize how our players really should be ranked higher. This class is good enough to start winning the Coastal. This class is not remotely close to competing for a NC. That shouldn't be up for debate. Luckily for us it's not over but we still need a bunch of pieces.

If UGa wanted Horton they would have Horton.

Have we not learned from the last 20 years to stop overhyping 3 stars like every single one of them is a diamond in the rough. I support Mario but we need to win next year and recruit even better. As someone mentioned in this thread this class is top heavy but hey it’s a very good class I’m not complaining
Kirby is in a position where he doesn't have to reach for a 3-star type kid. He can realistically go after 4-5 star kids and he'll get what he needs. He has been going outside of Georgia a good bit, which surprised me. There's a lot of kids in Georgia getting away to OOS schools.

Advertisement
Also why do we keep dumping on Golden kids like his rosters weren't the most talented we've had in a decade (even if lower ranked)...they just needed a defensive staff scheme worth a ****

Corey King, Jordan Futch, Kevin Olsen a.k.a., Baby Jesus, Shayon Green, ... Golden's classes had a few bright spots, his teams had some talent. But the entire program was swiss cheese.

Have we not learned from the last 20 years to stop overhyping 3 stars like every single one of them is a diamond in the rough. I support Mario but we need to win next year and recruit even better. As someone mentioned in this thread this class is top heavy but hey it’s a very good class I’m not complaining
Eh, lots of players from Georgia that don’t go to the elite schools as high recruits end up having great careers. Preston Smith and Grady Jarrett come to mind, both were 2 stars that ended up becoming Pro Bowl DLs. I do agree not everyone is a hidden gem, just got to wait and see. Pretty much every recruit has physic traits that can translate to college that we take it’s all about the work these recruits put in.

Advertisement
First Mario era commit I'm questioning. I don't think his HUDL shows a Miami 2-deep talent. Maybe the private evals and his full game film showed the coaches more? I'll trust Strong, but put an asterisk on this one.
yeah this one definitely seems like a depth piece

I think with the roster turnover, he's just looking for hardworking kids bought into his culture. Doesn't hurt that the kid already looks physically ready

Guys trust the evals is not just ZO looking at this kids, we also have MARIO with the last word on who comes to da U. FYI they both wear number 8!! Pulliam n Horton. Isn't that a coincedence? 🤔 :ROFLMAO: GO CANES!

Lmao every year we rationalize how our players really should be ranked higher. This class is good enough to start winning the Coastal. This class is not remotely close to competing for a NC. That shouldn't be up for debate. Luckily for us it's not over but we still need a bunch of pieces.
When we land most of those pieces where would you rank it then ?

Why?

Are you ******* kidding? This CLASS (which is #8 and might finish Top 5) is absolutely "remotely close to competing for a NC".

Now, the rest of our roster?

Yes, we need several good Mario recruiting classes in a row. I don't think anyone disputes that.

Advertisement
How do you think Manny and Patke would’ve fared as his LB’s coach?
Wow… good question.🤣😂🤣…leave it to CIS. He would probably do whatever the **** he wanted, whenever the **** he wanted to do it, Definitely would have been some shirt stretching going on, 🤣. Glad we got grownups now.

Why?

Are you ******* kidding? This CLASS (which is #8 and might finish Top 5) is absolutely "remotely close to competing for a NC".

Yes, we need several good Mario recruiting classes in a row. I don't think anyone disputes that.
Agreed it’s not like Cormani and Francis are top 5 consensus national recruits or anything like that…

When we land most of those pieces where would you rank it then ?
It depends on the caliber of those pieces. We don't have a #1 WR we have a RB. We dont have a full secondary class yet. The DL still looks light need a few more bodies their. The most important position is QB and as much as CIS is doing mental gymnastics to explain how he's a top QB in the country. I think most can agree he is a ways a way from contributing.

Advertisement
Why?

Ill do plus or minus for you
QB -
RB -
WR -
TE +
OL +
DE +
DT -
OLB +
MLB +
CB +
S -
That's a lot of rooms we still need to add. #8 means very little in the scheme of things we are heavy at OL and LB but the rest of class has holes that haven't been addressed yet.

QB -
RB -
WR -
TE +
OL +
DE +
DT -
OLB +
MLB +
CB +
S -
That's a lot of rooms we still need to add. #8 means very little in the scheme of things we are heavy at OL and LB but the rest of class has holes that haven't been addressed yet.

S - there's some noise about potentially landing mccall in the portal, still in it for derek williams too
DT - Just landed Horton today, maybe portal but who knows
RB - in it for Johnson and Fletcher, and evident we're going to the portal
WR - very evident we will be active in the portal as we already offered armstrong
qb - we had rashada but he flipped

I'd say it's way too early to say there are holes in the recruiting class and the staff has done a **** of a job reshaping the roster (with much more to come) in a short amount of time

QB -
RB -
WR -
TE +
OL +
DE +
DT -
OLB +
MLB +
CB +
S -

Too many massive holes in the roster to fill in one class. Gotta look at what they do across HS and the portal. Wake me up in March or April, then we can talk class and team grades by position.

Advertisement
Back