2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

I would love to watch another Nate Webster playing LB for the Canes... Always wished Nate would have played that last year... GO CANES
Ok so I did a little more digging. He’s clearly got an edge about him… u can see it in his game. He’s a really smart young man in the classroom. 3.6 GPA points that out. He’s a good kid, overall. Very passionate about the game. Originally from Detroit, living with his older sister in the Atlanta area. I Don’t know the full story there, (my guess is that city life situations can be rough to overcome) so the sister is basically his parent….but no doubt, he is a CITY kid, which means he can be a little “rough around the edges”! He ain’t afraid to throw hands either, 😂. He’s basically the man of the house…at 17, so with that u have to take the good with the bad. I’ve seen him have heated conversations with coaches (NOT where anybody has to get between them or anything), he’s not the “backdown type”. You give it, he’s gonna look you right in the eyes, and give it right back to you. He’s passionate about this ****. This means he’s gonna need an Aloha male type (Charlie Strong) to coach him. No weak kneed ***, soft talking, skin moisturized, slack jawed, male figures please, or this kid will run right over him. He loves football, and more than that, he loves hitting muhfuccas…. hard! If I find out more, I’ll bring it to you guys.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not mad, he might turn out solid…but I think Stanquan is better, and now probably doesn’t have a spot in this class.

Just some facts here and take it how you want: As it stands, we’re the only team in the top 10 of the recruiting rankings to have their class predominately made up of three stars. We have 21 commits, and Horton potentially coming would now equate to 22 commits, 11 of which are 3-stars. For comparison:

1. Bama: 24 commits, 4 3-stars
2. UGA: 21 commits, 2 3-stars
3. ND: 26 commits, 5 3-stars
4. Texas: 21 commits, 6 3-stars
5. LSU: 23 commits, 6 3-stars
6. OSU: 19 commits, 1 3-star
7. OU: 21 commits, 8 3-stars
8. Miami: 21 commits, 10 3-stars
9. UF: 22 commits, 4 3-stars
10. Clemson: 23 commits, 5 3-stars
11. Tennessee: 23 commits, 10 3-stars
12. Oregon: 23 commits, 9 3-stars
13. Penn St: 19 commits, 4 3-stars
14. USC: 19 commits, 9 3-stars
15. South Carolina: 20 commits, 9 3-stars

Now not all three-stars are created equal, and we Have to trust the evals. Don’t get me wrong, this class is elite right now…but I do expect some more big fish hunting aside from Horton. Would be disappointing if not.

If Horton jumps in and we have 22 slots filled, still looking to get Bain, Sampson, Etta, Ja’Keem, Fletcher, Inniss, etc…I mean they’re all big fish, but we have less room than I imagined.

Stop bringing facts to this thread….. Miami 3 stars are built different Brooooooooo.

Elite teams don’t win with 3 stars. That’s just facts!

To all the built different 3 stars for Miami!

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

Not attacking you but I watched Utah who’s pretty much a roster of 3 star recruits destroy USC and stomp them into the ground. It’s about the right 3 stars.
And playing in a system they know like the back of their hand...

Advertisement
I'm not a star ***** but Mario's schematic disadvantage means he will tend to do less with more.

He needs top 5/6 classes to have a top 10 team.

Eventually those top 10 teams will attract top 3 classes which can help us become a top 5 team. He wasn't at Oregon long enough to get there but was on his way.

But in my opinion, Mario isn't gonna build us a playoff contender with top 10 classes. Only possibility of that changing is he has a huge wakeup call and change of direction in how he manages coordinators, game planning/execution, and game day.

Stop bringing facts to this thread….. Miami 3 stars are built different Brooooooooo.

Elite teams don’t win with 3 stars. That’s just facts!

To all the built different 3 stars for Miami!

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF
Regardless of the actual recruit in question, we'd be clowning this take if it was UF.

Everyone is going to be surprised when these 2 DOGS start playing Horton n Pulliam.. In ZO evals we trust folks at least I do. GO CANES!

Advertisement
I'm not a star ***** but Mario's schematic disadvantage means he will tend to do less with more.

Eventually those top 10 teams will attract top 3 classes which can help us become a top 5 team. He wasn't at Oregon long enough to get there but was on his way.

But in my opinion, Mario isn't gonna build us a playoff contender with top 10 classes. Only possibility of that changing is he has a huge wakeup call and change of direction in how he manages coordinators, game planning/execution, and game day.
This to the moon

So he's on the right path then because we didn't even make a bowl game this year and he might finish with a top 10 class. If we make a bowl game next year based off this he should finish with a better class and continue the trajectory.

I’m not mad, he might turn out solid…but I think Stanquan is better, and now probably doesn’t have a spot in this class.

Just some facts here and take it how you want: As it stands, we’re the only team in the top 10 of the recruiting rankings to have their class predominately made up of three stars. We have 21 commits, and Horton potentially coming would now equate to 22 commits, 11 of which are 3-stars. For comparison:

Now not all three-stars are created equal, and we Have to trust the evals. Don’t get me wrong, this class is elite right now…but I do expect some more big fish hunting aside from Horton. Would be disappointing if not.

If Horton jumps in and we have 22 slots filled, still looking to get Bain, Sampson, Etta, Ja’Keem, Fletcher, Inniss, etc…I mean they’re all big fish, but we have less room than I imagined.

This is a fair criticisms of the current class.

These guys don’t have a long standing evaluation record yet, but the hit rate on 3-star players (as a % of the population) is small.

Advertisement

Clark still has a spot. And we will portal 1-2. We are returning 3 LBs on the roster. And the only one worth anything is WB.

I love how some people are saying we have more 3 stars than 4 stars but completely leave out the two five stars and the possibility of 1-2 more. Clemson was winning titles with top 10-16 classes. Recruit in the top 6-10 you’re in the game and that’s where we’ll be under Mario.
The blueprint is simple, you can win one of two ways:

1) top 10-15 classes with a sure fire 1st rounder at QB (Clemson blueprint)

2) top 1-5 classes with a serviceable QB who shows up when it matters (UGA blueprint)

Just don’t want to be stuck in the middle.

This is a fair criticisms of the current class.

These guys don’t have a long standing evaluation record yet, but the hit rate on 3-star players (as a % of the population) is small.
Does make me feel better knowing Colbie & Anez (two lowest rated kids in 22 class) both proceeded to be better than anyone could’ve imagined. Mario in one year has already hit on more low three stars than Manny did in three.

Advertisement
The number of three stars is a legitimate critique...are the three-stars in this class more surgical in the evaluation or are they just next-man-up on the board and we got a quota to fill? In the past, it was the latter, and there was a lot of slop in our classes. Just unusable players and many of them were out the door before they could develop into anything. Are these guys at least future contributors? Some starters? Special teams contributors?

There is a lot of culture building that needs to be done on the roster, too. Are they hard workers, are they built different, are they players that raise the floor of the program, do they offer something we don't have on the roster right now...these are questions that we don't quite have answers to about these players, but we will find out.

Getting players who don't dedicate an inordinate amount of their non-football time smoking weed and playing Call of Duty would be a nice logical first step to helping the program get back in the right direction.

Advertisement
Back