Manny says that Jarren "Safethrow" Williams is still the guy

Advertisement
Jarren would not have made that throw to kj Osborn on the first offensive series. Jarren would not have picked up that 4th and 7, jarren would not have avoided those huge sacks and made positive yards. Jarren would never have carried out that screen pass that deejay scored on. Jarren would have screwed us field position wise and changed the entire dynamic of the game. Jarren also, does not run that TD in to seal the game.
Nothing on film shows us Jarren could do better than what Perry did. Nothing. In the same circumstances jarren takes sacks.

not sure why you're discounting Nkosi play based upon stats that don't tell the entire story.

Nice try tho

I’m so thankful you’ve been blessed with seeing the outcomes of events that never happened.

Williams had better numbers against a better defense , with far better athletes in UF. That’s what we do know, so I’m sure he could’ve squeezed out 180 yards and 1 td pass.

Since you can see outcomes of events that never happened , could Jarren of lead us to 33 yards in 33 plays in the second , third quarters ? Lol, I’d bet yes.

But we’ll never know, I mean I’ll never know. I’m not blessed with those abilities.

Last edited:
I’m so thankful you’ve been blessed with seeing the outcomes of events that never happened.

Williams had better numbers against a better defense , with far better athletes in UF. That’s what we do know, so I’m sure he could’ve squeezed out 180 yards and 1 td pass.

Since you can see outcomes of events that never happened , could Jarren of lead us to 33 yards in 33 plays in the second , third quarters ? Lol, I’d bet yes.

But we’ll never know, I mean I’ll never know. I’m not blessed with those abilities.
1 pass completed the entire game that had at least 10 yards in distance(on the first drive) , people would have criticized the **** out of Jarren if he did that... People ain’t being consistent with their criticism but you knew they would do that right? Regardless after watching a few other offenses, yeah the deep ball is nice(none of our qbs throw it well) but offenses like LSU right now are running a bunch of slants and crossers. Their guys as well as bama’s happen to do the same thing but the difference is their receivers are doing more With the ball in their hands after they catch it while ours don’t. That’s been a problem before the season as Diaz even mentioned it after a preseason scrimmage and it’s been evident this season

Last edited:
Advertisement
No where did I say Nkosi was more accurate or threw a better deep ball. Reading comprehension is lacking on your part.

Enos' personnel tendencies have shifted with Perry in the game. I think it's helped. I wish he would do the same with Jarren in.

Tate isnt going to be more accurate than either of them but I'd put him in for a lot of the same reasons I'd put in kosi.

The jarren situation reminds me a lot of Kayaa's.

What does me being from the south have to do with anything as I type on this **** board from my cell phone?
So let me get this right. Your complaint you listed for jarren was he cant throw the deep ball etc. Yet you acknowledge in this that you're not saying kosi is any better at the topic of choice. That is applying context my friend. Otherwise why would you bother to complain about jarren not being able to do something while saying nkosi should play? It's basically a double negative. Far as the south reference your argument seemed illogical to me so I was curious if it's a simple bias of one kid being from a set region opposed to the other who's not. That's just my opinion for why choose one over the other at this point on here.

If Jarren was decisive and would tuck it and run it when needed there would be no question. His problem is he holds onto the ball way too long and takes even more sacks than we already give up due to our line.
He needs to take the yards on the ground when it’s there AND throw the ball away. He’s taken a good amount of sacks that could have been avoided by tossing it into the stands.

Literally the only reason I like Perry a bit more right now, his willingness to tuck it.

1 pass completed the entire game that had at least 10 yards in distance(on the first drive) , people would have criticized the **** out of Jarren if he did that... People ain’t being consistent with their criticism but you knew they would do that right? Regardless after watching a few other offenses, yeah the deep ball is nice(none of our qbs throw it well) but offenses like LSU right now are running a bunch of slants and crossers. Their guys as well as bama’s happen to do the same thing but the difference is their receivers are doing more With the ball in their hands after they catch it while ours don’t. That’s been a problem before the season as Diaz even mentioned it after a preseason scrimmage and it’s been evident this season

Jesus. For all of that, we all see the game live with our eyes, and you cannot dispute that Kosi has been better at avoiding pressure (he is getting equal amounts of it with that **** line and getting sacked less) and making plays or throwing the ball away to not lose yards on a sack. That alone (if accuracy and arm strength are about the same) warrants DA KAPTN to continue to be the starter moving forward this season. If he goes full ****** and starts to throw weird picks then bring back JWILL. I for one think we see continued improvement from Kosi as he gets more time with the ones.

People talk a lot about Perry's comeback as a reason to start but don't seem to remember Jarren brought us all the way back after falling down 17-3 at UNC, a team with a far better defense than VTech.

We outscored them 22-3 (should have been 28-3) from the first quarter on and like Kosi's comeback it was ruined by the defense late.

Both QBs can make a legit case for being the starter but I honestly don't see why some think the UVA game solidified Kosi as the man. He had a couple of bad overthrows and could have made Osborn's catch a lot easier on that short pass in the endzone. Overall he was solid but certainly not spectacular.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is some cutting edge analysis. Good stuff.

I can't for the life of me see how anyone that has watched Williams play thinks he is good, he is slow, doesn't read a defense well, takes forever to process and holds onto the ball forever, he has a bad arm and wont throw deep.
VaTech played both safeties in the box and dared him to throw knowing he sucks, foster was dead on.

I can't for the life of me see how anyone that has watched Williams play thinks he is good, he is slow, doesn't read a defense well, takes forever to process and holds onto the ball forever, he has a bad arm and wont throw deep.
VaTech played both safeties in the box and dared him to throw knowing he sucks, foster was dead on.
Listen I’m obviously on the Williams train, but to say Williams is so bad is just a retarded statement

Advertisement
Listen I’m obviously on the Williams train, but to say Williams is so bad is just a retarded statement
he currently isn't good, and being a sloth back there behind the line with no threat to throw deep isn't helping.
maybe as a RS SR with a better line he will be good, but currently he is helping this team.

he currently isn't good, and being a sloth back there behind the line with no threat to throw deep isn't helping.
maybe as a RS SR with a better line he will be good, but currently he is helping this team.

listen all I want for the team is to get back to being competitive and winning the games we should, it wasn’t like Perry had so many long completions last game I just think it’s too Early to pull the plug on Williams because he wasn’t the problem the first couple games

Advertisement
listen all I want for the team is to get back to being competitive and winning the games we should, it wasn’t like Perry had so many long completions last game I just think it’s too Early to pull the plug on Williams because he wasn’t the problem the first couple games

The team looks better with Perry out there, just go back and watch the 1st 10 minutes of va tech game, the book is out on Williams.
Its not his picks, its the defense knows he is limited and will play everyone in the box and send more pressure now.

I believe the players trust Perry more and will quit like they did last year when he was pulled for Rosier (who Williams reminds me of)

I
The team looks better with Perry out there, just go back and watch the 1st 10 minutes of va tech game, the book is out on Williams.
Its not his picks, its the defense knows he is limited and will play everyone in the box and send more pressure now.

I believe the players trust Perry more and will quit like they did last year when he was pulled for Rosier (who Williams reminds me of)

It’s funny you only look at the first 10 minutes of the VT game lol, just say no matter what happens I’m gonna like Perry better, let’s look at the first 4 games, was Williams the problem? No the defense was! They couldn’t get a stop, Perry was far from good in the Virginia game! It’s pointless with you !good luck with an average QB running the team , I want more! I wanna be better than average and I think Williams gives us that opportunity! Hopefully Manny does to!!!!👍

I

It’s funny you only look at the first 10 minutes of the VT game lol, just say no matter what happens I’m gonna like Perry better, let’s look at the first 4 games, was Williams the problem? No the defense was! They couldn’t get a stop, Perry was far from good in the Virginia game! It’s pointless with you !good luck with an average QB running the team , I want more! I wanna be better than average and I think Williams gives us that opportunity! Hopefully Manny does to!!!!👍

was Williams really good the 1st 4 games?
He has gotten worse every game as well, as the film is out.
He was bad vs bc and cmu as well.

Williams is the definition of average, he does nothing well

was Williams really good the 1st 4 games?
He has gotten worse every game as well, as the film is out.
He was bad vs bc and cmu as well.

Williams is the definition of average, he does nothing well
His stats were better compared to Perry last game, even against Florida, so ya he was, and he has only played a couple games compared to Perry , he had one bad game, you keep riding the Perry train and good luck!!!!

Advertisement
Back