Manny says that Jarren "Safethrow" Williams is still the guy

same reason Trevor Lawrence played a couple of games with a sore shoulder. They treat it and figure it will work itself out.

So a qb with a bad throwing shoulder gives the University of Miami the best chance to win...even though you have a back up qb who barely lost the competition in the first place.

Advertisement
Lol who said anything about Patrick Mahomes. I like how you left out a game where he threw for over 400 yards and completed throws that Jarren Williams cannot. I like both QBs but I think perry gives us a better chance right now.

Which is fine, he has strengths, but you didn't answer my question.

You said he does things you can't prepare for, or scheme. What are those things? For 85% of the game he had negligible yards passing, seems like UVA had him defensed pretty darn good.

And I'm not leaving out VT, I saw the game from the same seats I saw UVA. It actually helps my point, not hurts it.

While he looks better this season, I didn't see him test the middle of the field much, which is the flaw in his game. It makes him pretty darn defensible, too. UVA knew he was starting and were prepared for him, hence the drop off in production. Seems like a QB you can prepare for to me.

The Williams Girls are out today, same losers that liked Rosier, they love bad qbs
Yall sound stupid as fvck. Literally the only thing yall can point towards is nkosi is more elusive. If that's the arguement then bench his *** too & start tate cause hes far more elusive & throws the same inaccurate passes downfield. Anything other than that yall just keep switching up your stance to fit what you're attempting to say. You **** on one qb to say the other is better but he dont perform on the field **** yall say. Spare us the dumb *** logic & shut the fvck up. Go back to madden with that dumb ****

People have figured out Jarren Williams. Perry brings an element that you can’t gameplan for and I think with this o line Perry is a better option for us. Both are great QBs and can thrive in different offenses, I just think Kosi is a better fit right now.
16-27 for 182 & 2-10 on 3rd down efficiency begs to differ. Seems they prepared pretty well OR that's what nkosi is. An elusive very inaccurate basic qb. You feel free to give him the label of your choice.

Which is fine, he has strengths, but you didn't answer my question.

You said he does things you can't prepare for, or scheme. What are those things? For 85% of the game he had negligible yards passing, seems like UVA had him defensed pretty darn good.

And I'm not leaving out VT, I saw the game from the same seats I saw UVA. It actually helps my point, not hurts it.

While he looks better this season, I didn't see him test the middle of the field much, which is the flaw in his game. It makes him pretty darn defensible, too. UVA knew he was starting and were prepared for him, hence the drop off in production. Seems like a QB you can prepare for to me.
What you want me to do break down game film for you. if from your seat you can see that Nkosi Perry is a better QB for our team I don’t know what to tell you. His has his weaknesses as do all QBs but his strengths with our current o-line gives us the best chance to win. That just my opinion bro which does not count for much. So keep supporting bro and peace out.

Advertisement
16-27 for 182 & 2-10 on 3rd down efficiency begs to differ. Seems they prepared pretty well OR that's what nkosi is. An elusive very inaccurate basic qb. You feel free to give him the label of your choice.
You forgot to add zero turnovers and a win against a power five ranked team. I am not bashing Jarren I love the kid. I just think with our o line perry gives us the best chance to win. I would take Jarren Williams all day as our QB under different circumstances.

Do wr drops factor into the numbers above? Sometimes numbers tell part but not all of the story.
4-5 drops makes those numbers look totally different. What if Pope doesn’t drop a 70 yard touchdown? How many of those drops were on 3rd down? 🤔

Advertisement
The team looks better with Perry out there, just go back and watch the 1st 10 minutes of va tech game, the book is out on Williams.
Its not his picks, its the defense knows he is limited and will play everyone in the box and send more pressure now.

I believe the players trust Perry more and will quit like they did last year when he was pulled for Rosier (who Williams reminds me of)

So if the first 10 minutes of VT is what defines Jarren then can we use N’kosi’s worst game? How about when he went 5 for 25?

You forgot to add zero turnovers and a win against a power five ranked team. I am not bashing Jarren I love the kid. I just think with our o line perry gives us the best chance to win. I would take Jarren Williams all day as our QB under different circumstances.
It really aggravates me when yall do that. This is a team game... He didnt give us a win against a power 5 ranked team. He did his part good or bad as a teammate is suppose to do. But if anyone deserves credit for that win it's the defense not a qb who did that. I agree getting out of the pocket is critical with that oline. Plenty of this relies on the play calling and moving the pocket. It's a moot point while jarren has a bum shoulder. But if you wanna go into turnovers I'd say that's crazy. Jarren has three picks on the season(although plenty of close calls,just the same as nkosi has plenty of balls couldve been turn overs as well) if you think nkosi is better with all security I'd disagree but that's just me I guess. I just dont like seeing how this fan base(not u)has turned on the kid and shyts on him for doing what's asked of him. Kid has been hurt since day 1 & done pretty **** well all things considering. We weren't losing because of jarren like most on here make it seem. We were losing #1 because of our defense inability to perform & #2 because our oline doesnt run block or pass block worth ****. If giving us the better chance because of line play should be valid & what differentiates each of them than the argument should be for tate. Cause hes far more elusive than any of them & throws a similar ball. Just saying. Otherwise people need to just admit their bias and stick to it

So if the first 10 minutes of VT is what defines Jarren then can we use N’kosi’s worst game? How about when he went 5 for 25?
How about the same exact game for nkosi in a similar situation with Inexperience etc without the injury when he turned the ball over 4 times in a row against UVA last year. Does that define him?

This thread is stupid. We don’t need to trash either QB to lift one up.

Jarren played great vs UNC while 2/3 of this team struggled (ST & D)
N’kosi played great vs VT while the defense and Jarren struggled

It usually equals a loss when 2 components of the team struggled. The kicking game and defense played well vs UVA so it equaled a win even though N’kosi was just okay

Advertisement
if you could read, you would know I said it was more than his play, it was the way Foster game planned him, by showing zero respect playing man with no safety help and Jarren did crap the bed. After the Game Foster explained he knew Williams sucked.

if you could read, you would know I said it was more than his play, it was the way Foster game planned him, by showing zero respect playing man with no safety help and Jarren did crap the bed. After the Game Foster explained he knew Williams sucked.

Williams didn’t even throw in practice this week. He’s obviously hurt. You need to go back and watch some of the windows Jarren passed through during UNC. That’s arm strength. Not just yards down field

Advertisement
Isn’t that what uva did with Perry albeit the middle of the field? They took that part of the passing game completely away which we have thrived on this year pretty much. I’m going to watch the game again but I dont Remember many passes being completed over the middle.
Edit: just rewatched, we didn’t complete 1 pass over the middle of the field

Last edited:
It really aggravates me when yall do that. This is a team game... He didnt give us a win against a power 5 ranked team. He did his part good or bad as a teammate is suppose to do. But if anyone deserves credit for that win it's the defense not a qb who did that. I agree getting out of the pocket is critical with that oline. Plenty of this relies on the play calling and moving the pocket. It's a moot point while jarren has a bum shoulder. But if you wanna go into turnovers I'd say that's crazy. Jarren has three picks on the season(although plenty of close calls,just the same as nkosi has plenty of balls couldve been turn overs as well) if you think nkosi is better with all security I'd disagree but that's just me I guess. I just dont like seeing how this fan base(not u)has turned on the kid and shyts on him for doing what's asked of him. Kid has been hurt since day 1 & done pretty **** well all things considering. We weren't losing because of jarren like most on here make it seem. We were losing #1 because of our defense inability to perform & #2 because our oline doesnt run block or pass block worth ****. If giving us the better chance because of line play should be valid & what differentiates each of them than the argument should be for tate. Cause hes far more elusive than any of them & throws a similar ball. Just saying. Otherwise people need to just admit their bias and stick to it
Tate does not have the arm Kosi have. No bias here I love any kid that puts on that U. Just like I supported you when you played. I actually feel for these kids having to be coached up by a staff that is not ready like ours. I just think Kosi gives us a better chance to win. I. My opinion two plays highlight my point. The 4 and 7 scramble and the fourth qtr touchdown. I don’t think Jarren makes either of those plays and they were the difference between us winning and losing.

We will see. I think jarren has talent but he holds the ball too long and doesnt escape pressure like kosi.
Only if we could somehow get Jarrens accuracy with Nkosi’s arm, pocket presence and playmaking ability, we would have a superb QB. I really can’t judge Williams yet. Are his throws so weak because of the injury? If his arm is that weak that he can’t zip the ball in at 20 yards, then Kosi needs to be the starter.

Advertisement
Back