Manny says that Jarren "Safethrow" Williams is still the guy

Advertisement
People have figured out Jarren Williams. Perry brings an element that you can’t gameplan for and I think with this o line Perry is a better option for us. Both are great QBs and can thrive in different offenses, I just think Kosi is a better fit right now.
They didn’t figure out Perry having 1 completition of a ball that traveled at least 10 yards or going what 30 something plays for 35 yards after the first drive up until the last 2 drives?

People have figured out Jarren Williams. Perry brings an element that you can’t gameplan for and I think with this o line Perry is a better option for us. Both are great QBs and can thrive in different offenses, I just think Kosi is a better fit right now.

What's the element of his game you cannot gameplan for? I wanted Perry to win the job heading into the season, but you guys are making him out to be Patrick Mahomes after one game where he didn't hit a pass over 10 yards. How is that something you can't gameplan?

They didn’t figure out Perry having 1 completition of a ball that traveled at least 10 yards or going what 30 something plays for 35 yards after the first drive up until the last 2 drives?
Man you must really love Jarren Williams relax bro. A lot of that was horrible play calling. I rather have the incompletions than three picks in the first seven passes.

Advertisement
With this OL and offensive scheme, I roll with Perry.

It's hard to identify exactly what Enos is trying to do as he has no consistency. That is good if the defense is guessing, but what they did when Jarren was the QB is condense the field. They don't respect his ball down the field or think his OL will give him the time to throw it. So they sit on the short to intermediate routes knowing that's all they have to protect. They know he's not good at avoiding the rush or a real threat to run. That allows them to play honest, let someone or someone's on their OL beat our tackle or guard, now we're playing their hand.

With Perry, he can avoid a guy or two. He will take off, making their guys miss more than Jarren. He can make every throw there is, obviously not consistently whatsoever, but even the threat makes you have to defend it. So the safeties are already pushed back.

Neither guy is setting the world on fire yet or really distancing themselves. I do think Perry makes a defense defend more though. Jarren needs a better line. With that, he would be dynamite IMHO.

What's the element of his game you cannot gameplan for? I wanted Perry to win the job heading into the season, but you guys are making him out to be Patrick Mahomes after one game where he didn't hit a pass over 10 yards. How is that something you can't gameplan?
Lol who said anything about Patrick Mahomes. I like how you left out a game where he threw for over 400 yards and completed throws that Jarren Williams cannot. I like both QBs but I think perry gives us a better chance right now.

This whole hysteria of “they are going to bring the safeties down and take away those throws Jarren routinely makes” is par for the course for any dcs answer if an offense is killing them with the quick slants and throws over the middle etc. I saw Uf do it a few times, one specific time on a slant route thrown by joe burrow and instead of the safety dropping back they came up and played the slant which was almost a pick. But my point being that happens to ANYONE including a qb like joe burrow who is having an incredible season. Also LSU offense don’t didn’t attempt that many deep balls vs uf but still lit them up with the intermediate passes and crossers.

regardless like everything with this offense, part of the reason is enos likes those bunch formations inviting more defenders in the box capable of playing both the run and the pass. To combat that you obviously need to spread out which would create more spacing on the field and you would have less of those specific issues. Yes throwing the deep ball helps but the problems will still exist if you are allowing them to crowd the box just based on how you align offensively alone which obviously allows teams the ability to take away some things

Man you must really love Jarren Williams relax bro. A lot of that was horrible play calling. I rather have the incompletions than three picks in the first seven passes.
Naw I love the Miami Hurricanes. Will root for anybody at qb but the way people are trying portray Jarren on this board recently is getting ridiculous and don’t have that same energy for everyone else when they play.

Advertisement
His stats were better compared to Perry last game, even against Florida, so ya he was, and he has only played a couple games compared to Perry , he had one bad game, you keep riding the Perry train and good luck!!!!
look I'm not bashing the guy

people love the sloth

Naw I love the Miami Hurricanes. Will root for anybody at qb but the way people are trying portray Jarren on this board recently is getting ridiculous and don’t have that same energy for everyone else when they play.
I like Jarren Williams too and I just think Kosi is a better fit at the moment. That’s Just my opinion bro. I always gave Jarren his props but with this o line Kosi skills we may ya win more games than Jarren.

Portray him how? You dudes need to cut it out mane. He has no one but himself to blame for how he’s portrayed. He hasn’t been very good in the least bit.

Jarren is not better than Kosi.

Advertisement

These dudes won’t even listen to a legendary defensive guru in bud foster when he tells the media how easy it was to scout him.

Portray him how? You dudes need to cut it out mane. He has no one but himself to blame for how he’s portrayed. He hasn’t been very good in the least bit.

Jarren is not better than Kosi.
Perry is better at knowing when to run and escaping pressure (he should be given the experience difference) but he’s not a better passer than Jarren imo.

This whole hysteria of “they are going to bring the safeties down and take away those throws Jarren routinely makes” is par for the course for any dcs answer if an offense is killing them with the quick slants and throws over the middle etc. I saw Uf do it a few times, one specific time on a slant route thrown by joe burrow and instead of the safety dropping back they came up and played the slant which was almost a pick. But my point being that happens to ANYONE including a qb like joe burrow who is having an incredible season. Also LSU offense don’t didn’t attempt that many deep balls vs uf but still lit them up with the intermediate passes and crossers.

regardless like everything with this offense, part of the reason is enos likes those bunch formations inviting more defenders in the box capable of playing both the run and the pass. To combat that you obviously need to spread out which would create more spacing on the field and you would have less of those specific issues. Yes throwing the deep ball helps but the problems will still exist if you are allowing them to crowd the box just based on how you align offensively alone which obviously allows teams the ability to take away some things

Defenses crowded the box against Malik & didn’t care we out numbered them in the passing game.

a defenses adjusting to the Spread by an offense is one part numbers game and one part the respect they have for the QB.

No one respects his ability to throw it deep (see bud foster)...so the hysteria is real. The good part is he can change that...let’s see if he does.

Advertisement
Defenses crowded the box against Malik & didn’t care we out numbered them in the passing game.

a defenses adjusting to the Spread by an offense is one part numbers game and one part the respect they have for the QB.

No one respects his ability to throw it deep (see bud foster)...so the hysteria is real. The good part is he can change that...let’s see if he does.
And that’s a fair response, I agree He can change it but jarrens issue throwing the deep ball doesn’t have anything to do with his arm imo, his mechanics are inconsistent when he attempts those throws and like I said Last week you have to step into the throw to generate power through your legs so you can drive the ball. In a number of his attempts down the field he isn’t doing it. That’s a mechanical flaw more than anything. Both qbs have issues throwing the deep ball and I dont Know why but it’s an issue with both. I watch A lot of ball and it always seem like these other qbs hit their guys in stride down the field far more than we do

Perry is better at knowing when to run and escaping pressure (he should be given the experience difference) but he’s not a better passer than Jarren imo.

You dislike Kosi that much that you’re trying to relegate him as a running QB? kosi right now is better in every facet of QBing than Jarren imho..I’ve seen enough between the two..especially passing the football. Our offense of flat out better with him.

thst doesn’t mean Jarren sucks or won’t be a good QB...he’s just not better than Kosi to me. Being a passer to me is being able to throw it deep among making all the other throws, stepping up in the pocket, etc..

And that’s a fair response, I agree He can change it but jarrens issue throwing the deep ball doesn’t have anything to do with his arm imo, he’s mechanics are inconsistent when he attempts those throws and like I said Last week you have to step into the throw to generate power through your legs so you can drive the ball. In a number of his attempts down the field he isn’t doing it. That’s a mechanical flaw more than anything. Both qbs have issues throwing the deep ball and I dont Know why but it’s an issue with both. I watch A lot of ball and it always seem like these other qbs hit their guys in stride down the field far more than we do

I wonder how much we truly practice it..

Jesus. For all of that, we all see the game live with our eyes, and you cannot dispute that Kosi has been better at avoiding pressure (he is getting equal amounts of it with that **** line and getting sacked less) and making plays or throwing the ball away to not lose yards on a sack. That alone (if accuracy and arm strength are about the same) warrants DA KAPTN to continue to be the starter moving forward this season. If he goes full ****** and starts to throw weird picks then bring back JWILL. I for one think we see continued improvement from Kosi as he gets more time with the ones.

I second your notion. IF Perry remains the starter for lowly GA. TECH, then those extra rep's with the first team will improve his TIMING with his corp of receiver's.

And dig this. Manny BETTER NOT mess this up and play FAVORITES and all that. Just like he was playing favorites with a certain DE!!!!!!!! Because Perry is the HOT QB now. And when in Vegas. One always RIDES THE HOT HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hUh

Advertisement
Back