Manny on the Offense

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Bruh ain’t even know.

You gotta hit the ground running.

Advertisement
Sounds alot different then the offense he was selling back when he fired the last staff.

Diaz was surprisingly upbeat about the offense on Monday.

“Has our offense given us a chance to win every game we’ve played?” Diaz asked rhetorically, suggesting it has. “Through eight games, we have had a chance to win every game we’ve played with how we’ve played on offense. The games even we haven’t won, we made big plays, big comebacks.

“If you had asked me in August what my expectation was, it would be an offense that fights and competes and always believes at the end of the game it always has a chance to win. We had five drives down the field the past three games in the fourth quarter. Two against Georgia Tech were missed field goals. But the two vs UVA and the game winner [vs UVA] . That’s kind of cool.”

And Diaz said “there are very good defenses in this league.”

This dude just needs to know when it's time stop talking.
WTF is he supposed to say? Coaches usually don't make a living by criticizing their OC, especially in their first year. Despite the all the hate, Manny isn't dumb, he sees what we see.

Every time Manny opens his mouth the sound that comes out of it is like someone scratching a chalkboard. He is vying for the "MFOS" award. Of all the incompetent pretenders that we as a fan base have had to deal with, this dude comes off as the biggest hustler we have ever had. I wish he would just stop talking. And who the **** does he thinks he is talking to? What does he think nobody can see? Does he and Enos think they are the only one who have a clue about how football should be played? And more importantly practically everyone on this board would know better than to try to force this BS offense down anyone's throat. I could take the losing better if he would just stop talking, stop lying, and stop trying to convince us that urine is perrier water.

Post of the season!!!! And the reporters in the room are amateurs as well for not pushing back on his insane comments! Everyone that watches our games can clearly see that the offense is atrocious! And the inability to get the ball in the endzone from the redzone is fireable! Manny has lost me with his spin! I hope that I am wrong but I just see him as a waste of 3Million Dollars! He lied to us on day number 1 when he said he was going to bring in a offense that caused defenses stress and a offense that is modern/contemporary! In my mind that meant a up tempo spread like Clemson and 90% of other teams. Instead we get this under center garbage that looks like the reincarnation of Bo Schembechler and Michigan in 1980!
Unbelievable!

Advertisement
WTF is he supposed to say? Coaches usually don't make a living by criticizing their OC, especially in their first year. Despite the all the hate, Manny isn't dumb, he sees what we see.
No one is saying he should bash the offense, but don't shoot off BS either as if this was your plan the entire time. Manny may not be dumb (he is if he keeps Enos), but the players, recruits, and (contrary to popular belief) the fans aren't either.

For instance, in the same article, Enos boasts about the offensive line being the most improved unit, but then says that Brevin hasn't gotten the ball more bc he has to keep him in to help the Offensive Line with blocking.

It's nonsensical BS that insults intelligence.

Even something simple along the lines of "We're nowhere near where we want to be, but I've been encouraged that we've been in every game so far" would work.

Remember, this dude was talking about running up the score.

Sounds alot different then the offense he was selling back when he fired the last staff.

Diaz was surprisingly upbeat about the offense on Monday.

“Has our offense given us a chance to win every game we’ve played?” Diaz asked rhetorically, suggesting it has. “Through eight games, we have had a chance to win every game we’ve played with how we’ve played on offense. The games even we haven’t won, we made big plays, big comebacks.

“If you had asked me in August what my expectation was, it would be an offense that fights and competes and always believes at the end of the game it always has a chance to win. We had five drives down the field the past three games in the fourth quarter. Two against Georgia Tech were missed field goals. But the two vs UVA and the game winner [vs UVA] . That’s kind of cool.”

And Diaz said “there are very good defenses in this league.”

This dude just needs to know when it's time stop talking.
I want Manny fired at the end of the season, but what is he really supposed to do or say about the offense right now? They are terrible and I stumbled into another Richt & Co. situation? I made a terrible hire and Enos will be fired at year's end? There is no really good answer to this question.

I want Manny fired at the end of the season, but what is he really supposed to do or say about the offense right now? They are terrible and I stumbled into another Richt & Co. situation? I made a terrible hire and Enos will be fired at year's end? There is no really good answer to this question.
It's the beginning of the statement I think that ****es off. The If you had asked me in August what my expectation was, it would be an offense that fights and competes and always believes at the end of the game it always has a chance to win."

That is a boldface lie that he really didn't even need to say. Sometimes coach speak works.

"We're trying to get better every week"
"We have an expectation here at UM that we're trying to get to"
"Those guys are working really hard to improve and get to that next level"

So we have been in every game against the dregs of our division? How low is our bar? Sad!

Advertisement
To the posters who say "What else was he supposed to say? Cant throw the offense under the bus."..Fine..but why say anything then? Just stay mum on the subject. Don't try to convince us this offense is right where it needs to be. LOL. This offense is horrible. And could cost us recruits its so bad. What top tier recruit would want to come play in this offense?

That said, I stand by prediction until proven otherwise that Diaz and Enos will respectfully part ways after the season. If Blake went to Richt and basically told him to hire an OC or else...he will do the same to Diaz at seasons end if this offense continues at this pace. And Diaz doesn't have the FICO score to fight him on it if he wants to keep his **** job.

Advertisement
i heard the interview . as i said in another thread, he has lost his confidence and bravado and his messaging is suffering.

momentum in sports goes a long way (cf. National v. Houston World Series). if we can win against FSU (and we should) and roll the remaining opponents, the offense may turn around. regardless, Manny's second test will be after the season is over when it is time to evaluate all coaches, including himself. let's see then what he does.

i heard the interview . as i said in another thread, he has lost his confidence and bravado and his messaging is suffering.

momentum in sports goes a long way (cf. National v. Houston World Series). if we can win against FSU (and we should) and roll the remaining opponents, the offense may turn around. regardless, Manny's second test will be after the season is over when it is time to evaluate all coaches, including himself. let's see then what he does.

I agree. He looks and sounds lost. In my opinion.

It's the beginning of the statement I think that ****es off. The If you had asked me in August what my expectation was, it would be an offense that fights and competes and always believes at the end of the game it always has a chance to win."

That is a boldface lie that he really didn't even need to say. Sometimes coach speak works.

"We're trying to get better every week"
"We have an expectation here at UM that we're trying to get to"
"Those guys are working really hard to improve and get to that next level"
Trust me, I am 100% with you. The guy promised a Ferrari and a Yugo showed up. He fired an entire offensive staff for pretty much the same numbers, so we will see how he responds this off-season (IMO, there is a 0% chance he is fired). Who he is able to attract to replace 5 coaches as a first time head coach on the hot seat, who just fired his offensive staff, who has little in the way of a Rolodex is a different story altogether.

In either case, it is clear Manny is absolutely reeling and grasping at straws at this point. I really think this outcome never even crossed his mind as a possibility and he has absolutely no idea what to do either in the locker room or in public. Now is the time that he needs to be calling a Jimmy Johnson or other mentors to reset, get an outside perspective, and figure out what to do.

Advertisement
Back