Manny on record saying 3 candidates

I fully expect announcement to come Thursday. This is based on Miami Herald article where Diaz told them Thursday is his time table for having OC in place. If not then I may get concerned he is not getting one of top 3 choices.

Advertisement
Why would he be wasting his time with that goofy spy v spy nonsense? He’s got a ton on his plate right now. What’s the upside to that nonsense? You say Rickety’s tenure was full of leaks, but it was as leak-free as any I’ve seen here.
Exactly what I said. Manny is a first time coach that has to hit a HR and keep relationships and networking in tact. I think this theory is very very far fetched

Why would he be wasting his time with that goofy spy v spy nonsense? He’s got a ton on his plate right now. What’s the upside to that nonsense? You say Rickety’s tenure was full of leaks, but it was as leak-free as any I’ve seen here.
All of this. With everything on Manny’s plate right now it’s pretty silly to think the first order of business was to “find the leakers” by staging a press conference to get everyone excited about our OC hire and then leak fake names.

What? You’re joking right? The injuries that were hidden, Players being mad because they had favorites, the suspensions, the defense’s frustration with the O(even though we would’ve figured), the team wanting a certain QB over the other. That’s a lot of leaks especially for this season.

I wanted to stay out of just throwing names out there shtick. Only names that have surfaced with some cred are:

Fedora
Applewhite
Fisch
Scott

Manny has a narrow list. He probably already had guys in mind when at Temple. I think he made his hire already for reasons I already have given.
I think you're right, but with our recent El Cheapo history, Wright fits that bill. Giving him 300k would be a raise for him. Salt, not much surprises me anymore

Advertisement
What? You’re joking right? The injuries that were hidden, Players being mad because they had favorites, the suspensions, the defense’s frustration with the O(even though we would’ve figured), the team wanting a certain QB over the other. That’s a lot of leaks especially for this season.
yeah. They made a great effort to keep all the discord quiet with all the tweets and IG posts from the players all year.

I fully expect announcement to come Thursday. This is based on Miami Herald article where Diaz told them Thursday is his time table for having OC in place. If not then I may get concerned he is not getting one of top 3 choices.

He said by Thursday because the recruiting period opens up. I would assume (If he already knows who the hire will) the announcement would come tomorrow or Tuesday and the rest of the staff being filled/announced Wednesday/Thursday.

Should be a fun couple of days.

Should be interesting to see what he puts together. Think Ponce & Seider with someone.

Advertisement

I think I found your leaks.

Last edited:
I think I found your leaks.

Oh yea because they’ll be leaking things we don’t know. FYI they have no idea just like we don’t. They’re only told once it’s done. Real bad example...probably should’ve used our recruiting coordinator being replaced with Cooney Friday after 247 announced Applewhite was never a candidate instead. At least they would be privy to that info.

Last edited:
Where in the past 4 years have we been cheap?
Was referring back to my earlier post in this thread Oldham where others were playing the cheap card. I am traveling today and was in a hurry, and the wording of this post wasn't exactly what it should have been. Off the top, my biggest complaint with last regime hirings was no OC, and Lil Rickets. I have been at UGA for lots of football the last couple of decades. Mark had zero business calling plays.

Advertisement
Was referring back to my earlier post in this thread Oldham where others were playing the cheap card. I am traveling today and was in a hurry, and the wording of this post wasn't exactly what it should have been. Off the top, my biggest complaint with last regime hirings was no OC, and Lil Rickets. I have been at UGA for lots of football the last couple of decades. Mark had zero business calling plays.
I get that, but we were paying Richt $4m and paying Brown and Duggans co-OC money too.

In the past it's been a fair accusation, but I think it's clear they've stepped up their financial commitment to the football team.

Good thing is we will know for sure very soon.

Then everyone can be extremely excited or absolutely devastated!

There’s going to be two distinct camps. Ones that hate it and ones that love it.

You know, the way it always is here.
How do we know that we will know soon?It's all speculation.

Advertisement
I get that, but we were paying Richt $4m and paying Brown and Duggans co-OC money too.

In the past it's been a fair accusation, but I think it's clear they've stepped up their financial commitment to the football team.
Let's hope so

He said by Thursday because the recruiting period opens up. I would assume (If he already knows who the hire will) the announcement would come tomorrow or Tuesday and the rest of the staff being filled/announced Wednesday/Thursday.

Should be a fun couple of days.
The announcement will be during halftime of tomorrow night's National Championship game. The whole country will be watching. Nothing like free top shelf press when America is watching.

No, He used Applewhite and Fedora to a point as smokescreens to see who he can trust with Info he doesn’t want leaked which was a big problem under Richt so he used names he’s connected to. I think the hire works for another P5 school. It could be somebody like Matt Canada, or maybe Kliff because of the interview situation but who knows who’s the hire. I’m positive that Applewhite and Fedora were smokescreens though.

I agree. My gut tells me that it will be a young coach under 40 y.o with a background in recruiting so fla, coaching QB's and working currently in a up tempo offense. The guy from UCF (QB Coach) comes to mind.

Guess we will see.

Guess we will see.

Advertisement
Back