Manny on record saying 3 candidates

Advertisement
I don’t think you nor anyone else can say it’s “definitely not” anyone right now honestly.

Should say probably then. I am going by Scott's comment about his own professional goal to be a HC if he leaves Clemson. He is already an OC for all intents and purposes why leave a cushy gig with one of the best teams in college for basically a lateral move and more risky proposition than he has now?

U really think so? They are legit OCs, at least worth pursuing
Absolutely. Y’all remember how many leaks there was during the season right? How many of those leaks would you want to keep in house? So he used 2 guys he has an obvious connection with to make the program air tight.

I was just throwing a name...only thing I’m certain about was that Applewhite and Fedora were smokescreens to catch leakers.

What makes you certain of this? I think what has come out after the Applewhite leak are the smoke screens because Manny is still building his staff and wants it announced on his own terms. Stefan hasn't come out and retracted initial story. Been awfully quiet on that front.

Advertisement
Absolutely. Y’all remember how many leaks there was during the season right? How many of those leaks would you want to keep in house? So he used 2 guys he has an obvious connection with to make the program air tight.
But how does that identify who spilled the beans? Doesn't seem like something a first time coach with major issues to deal with would or even needs to be concerned with right now. In this social media age, nothing can really be kept secret

I think it is Applewhite as well, don't really buy the Soprano-esque Manny dropping names to "plug leaks" and "make snitches sleep with the fishes" narrative. It is a **** story, but there is nothing about this staff or Athletic Department that seems sophisticated enough to do anything that strategic so early on. I think they are scrambling and have a lot of moving parts across multiple positions - rooting out loose-lips doesn't seem to be a prudent use of one's time in his position, at this juncture. The Applewhite smoke was too thick, contractual meanderings, lining up other staff members, this temporal gap b/w when the story caught wings and now isn't very long and i would not be surprised sometime this week Apples and a few others are named in quick succession. But no one has an idea on here, and we all are just waiting to fap or self-immolate in unison.

What makes you certain of this? I think what has come out after the Applewhite leak are the smoke screens because Manny is still building his staff and wants it announced on his own terms. Stefan hasn't come out and retracted initial story. Been awfully quiet on that front.
That's what surprises me. Not one mention from Stephan and the thread hasn't been deleted or even locked. Something is brewing

By Thursday we will know who's on the staff.need to stop hyperventilating about it before some here blow a gasket.for 18 yrs combination of bad administration,coaching and fan base negativity has led to this mess.it's turned the best football program into a glorified cheerleading camp.time for a change from top to bottom or the canes will never be great again.it's up to us fans to do our part

Advertisement
But how does that identify who spilled the beans? Doesn't seem like something a first time coach with major issues to deal with would or even needs to be concerned with right now. In this social media age, nothing can really be kept secret
Because you keep track of who was told and it is a big deal...especially if it’s with a commitment and you’re trying to keep bags away.

Here’s your proof of the smokescreen from 247:

Major Applewhite (Houston) has been a popular named mentioned as a potential offensive coordinator. Although at least one media outlet has reported he will be Miami's next coordinator, he was "never an option" for Miami according to a source familiar with the situation.

Here it is...right from 247:

Major Applewhite (Houston) has been a popular named mentioned as a potential offensive coordinator. Although at least one media outlet has reported he will be Miami's next coordinator, he was "never an option" for Miami according to a source familiar with the situation.

Because you keep track of who was told and it is a big deal...especially if it’s with a commitment and you’re trying to keep bags away.

Here’s your proof of the smokescreen from 247:

Seems too far fetched to me, especially with so many staff members. Unless he already had an idea who it was and only told that person but even then, word would spread rapidly and nearly impossible to pin point the exact leak

Advertisement
No, He used Applewhite and Fedora to a point as smokescreens to see who he can trust with Info he doesn’t want leaked which was a big problem under Richt so he used names he’s connected to. I think the hire works for another P5 school. It could be somebody like Matt Canada, or maybe Kliff because of the interview situation but who knows who’s the hire. I’m positive that Applewhite and Fedora were smokescreens though.

So you're suggesting Diaz never spoke to Fedora and Applewhite?

Last edited:
Seems too far fetched to me, especially with so many staff members. Unless he already had an idea who it was and only told that person but even then, word would spread rapidly and nearly impossible to pin point the exact leak
He probably did...there’s only a certain amount of people privy to that kind of info.

No, He used Applewhite and Fedora to a point as smokescreens to see who he can trust with Info he doesn’t want leaked which was a big problem under Richt so he used names he’s connected to. I think the hire works for another P5 school. It could be somebody like Matt Canada, or maybe Kliff because of the interview situation but who knows who’s the hire. I’m positive that Applewhite and Fedora were smokescreens though.
Sorta funny. There is a thread jamming recruits for using Miami as a smokescreen to get an offer from other schools.

Advertisement
Let me put it this way. What did the old recruiting coordinator do that got him replaced with Cooney? Just speculation...

Here it is...right from 247:

How do you know THAT isn't a smoke screen? I don't think Manny was that quick on a preemptive misinformation campaign. That sounds like something out of a Tom Clancy spy novel. I think it is more reasonable to assume to have a smokescreen and clamp down AFTER word leaked. I guess we'll see.

Advertisement
Back