Manny on Joe Rose 10/07/19

Advertisement
Taking over the reigns at DC is a good sign, but he needs someone to take over the reigns from him at HC. We're not one play caller away from improvement, these kids play with zero awareness, discipline, or control. If the coaches ****ting out a terrible game plan doesn't lose us a crucial game these players will.

Deadly 1-2 combination.

Last edited:
Taking over the reigns at DC, is a good sign, but he needs someone to take over the reigns from him at HC. We're not one play caller away from improvement, these kids play with zero awareness, discipline, or control. If the coaches ****ting out a terrible game plan doesn't lose us a crucial game these players will.

Deadly 1-2 combination.

Is it though? Is it really a good sign?

How much is Manny really going to do? Is he gong to call all the plays or just jump in now and then on 4th and long plays.

These situations rarely work out for the better, especially not for the DC. Is he going to run the D forever, keep him on next year hoping he learned something or hire a new DC and run something other than Manny's D?

Advertisement
I get Why Manny made the hire that he did at DC. System familiarity & personal connection.

It’s super encouraging that he’s making adjustments to things that don’t fit his vision, and hope it’s a sign of the bigger picture.

Probably won’t fire the guy mid-season because he just had a kid, but definitely feel like it’s coming.

When Baker was hired I assumed he'd be Diaz's puppet. Giving him autonomy and changing the system that got Diaz hired is a fireable offense.

How much is Manny really going to do? Is he gong to call all the plays or just jump in now and then on 4th and long plays.

These situations rarely work out for the better, especially not for the DC. Is he going to run the D forever, keep him on next year hoping he learned something or hire a new DC and run something other than Manny's D?
I mean, the rest of my post agrees with you -- it's not going to change the outcome of the games. But ultimately yes, I take it as a good sign because it means Manny recognizes incompetence, something our previous staffs didn't. But just to be clear -- that is one small victory in the face of a cascade of building size L's we're taking.

Advertisement
Manny just said he’s getting a lot more involved in the defense going forward. He wouldn’t specifically say how it’ll change. But sounded ****ed to see his baby look so bad

Confirmed Jarren is the guy on Friday

Said Camden Price is not available for one more game, but has no answer to Bubba Baxa

On the extra Bye week - reiterated the slow defensive start is really frustrating him

Mentioned playing time, especially on D, will be changing

Same as it ever was... same as it ever was... same as it ever was. I believe I heard the same POLITICAL crap for Mr. Golden Showers, too. Go figure.

Does not sound happy about the job Baker has done

Well duh, maybe El Cubano de Habana should FIRE his questionable lame DC. Because it's apparent he ain't ready for game planning against Power 5 squads. huh. After all, didn't the Hurricanes have two weeks preparation for a second-string QB. And anybody with a degree of college football common sense, knew Va. Tech's QB was going to run the ball, on occasion ( The kid ended up with 5.5 rushing average. And broke containment on three critical occasions! ).

Gus Malzhan knew his job was on the line and took over the playcalling this year and Auburn is 4-1 and a top 15 team with a TF QB who wasn't a 5* cant miss prospect. So it can work sometimes.

Manny doesn't need to be the long term fix he just needs to stop the bleeding until he can get someone else in here after the season. It would be one thing if the sole problem was the offense and the defense was playing lights out. He could easily just blame Enos and decide his fate after teh season. But the defense has lost him 2 games singlehandedly now. That has to keep him up at night. We should be 4-1 not 2-3 if we had the defense we are use to having.

Advertisement
Well duh, maybe El Cubano de Habana should FIRE his questionable lame DC. Because it's apparent he ain't ready for game planning against Power 5 squads. huh. After all, didn't the Hurricanes have two weeks preparation for a second-string QB. And anybody with a degree of college football common sense, knew Va. Tech's QB was going to run the ball, on occasion ( The kid ended up with 5.5 rushing average. And broke containment on three critical occasions! ).

Predictable outcome ...when he didn't game plan for CMU... you have 12 games per season to plan for and he decides to take one off

Gus Malzhan knew his job was on the line and took over the playcalling this year and Auburn is 4-1 and a top 15 team with a TF QB who wasn't a 5* cant miss prospect. So it can work sometimes.

Manny doesn't need to be the long term fix he just needs to stop the bleeding until he can get someone else in here after the season. It would be one thing if the sole problem was the offense and the defense was playing lights out. He could easily just blame Enos and decide his fate after teh season. But the defense has lost him 2 games singlehandedly now. That has to keep him up at night. We should be 4-1 not 2-3 if we had the defense we are use to having.

I would say he needs both long and short term fixes. I disagree about the D being the single cause but that's a different conversation.

He brought in a guy he knows, to run his own D. If this guy can't do it, who can? is Manny going to do it for now on....

I will actually be surprised if anything really changes that much. Honestly, Manny could not see this was an issue long ago.

That's why Manny has to get involved in the D again. We've lost 3 VERY CLOSE games we could have won. The loss however of big Willis, Joe Jackson, Redwine & Johnson was huge. This team will turn the corner; just not sure when. 100 yds in penalties must stop; did I hear Manny correctly in suggesting that some of the b.s. calls being referred to ACC for a look?

Are U serious????????????????? Oh. And one more notion. I don't know what you mean about " turning the corner. " But shouldn't have Miami turned the corner last Saturn afternoon?:confused: dUh

Advertisement
Im ok with Jarren starting, but he gets one chance to show us hes not going to mess up and take shots. very Very short leash for him, Enos will not be scared to pull him now after Perrys performance

JW not only doesn't have the " time " to take shots. He doesn't have the ARM STRENGTH to go vertical. And dig this. Eno's probably DOESN'T TRUST JW " taking shots. " Because " taking shots " is a thing CORCH Eno's is great at. No pun intended.

I get Why Manny made the hire that he did at DC. System familiarity & personal connection.

It’s super encouraging that he’s making adjustments to things that don’t fit his vision, and hope it’s a sign of the bigger picture.

Probably won’t fire the guy mid-season because he just had a kid, but definitely feel like it’s coming.

MAJOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL is serious big business! So spare me the sentimentality and all that! And even if a OC/DC is fired during the season, he still GETS PAID for the season. Now I'm not privy to contract negotiations among coordinators, but aren't most on a YEARLY basis?

I would say he needs both long and short term fixes. I disagree about the D being the single cause but that's a different conversation.

He brought in a guy he knows, to run his own D. If this guy can't do it, who can? is Manny going to do it for now on....

I will actually be surprised if anything really changes that much. Honestly, Manny could not see this was an issue long ago.

Our D lost us the UNC and VT game. You cant give up a 4th and 18. You cant lose to a TF QB who only has 1 start under his belt. (UNC loss) Those are the unwritten rules in football. Period.

And in the VT game after Dallas scored that TD and we had the momentum, the D HAS to hold there. No excuses. **** we shouldn't have even been in that situation to begin with! Those are the facts.

Baker fooled him just like Enos did. Rookie mistake as a HC. He is trying to fix it now. Its clear that Baker is on borrowed time. So hopefully that gets Enos in line because if he doesn't right the ship I am glad that Manny has proven that he doesn't have a problem with pulling the plug.

Advertisement
Back