Manny on Joe Rose 10/07/19

Our D lost us the UNC and VT game. You cant give up a 4th and 18. You cant lose to a TF QB who only has 1 start under his belt. (UNC loss) Those are the unwritten rules in football. Period.

And in the VT game after Dallas scored that TD and we had the momentum, the D HAS to hold there. No excuses. **** we shouldn't have even been in that situation to begin with! Those are the facts.

Baker fooled him just like Enos did. Rookie mistake as a HC. He is trying to fix it now. Its clear that Baker is on borrowed time. So hopefully that gets Enos in line because if he doesn't right the ship I am glad that Manny has proven that he doesn't have a problem with pulling the plug.

I am not saying the D is blameless but you can't turn the ball over that much and simply say its the defenses fault we lost.

The O has been awful all year. Enos plays every game like he is trying to run out the clock with a 30 point lead.

Both sides have been pretty poor at times.

Advertisement
We're still going 9-3! We beat UVA this week, Manny is back on Defense, Perry gets more PT, we become a machine.

I am not saying the D is blameless but you can't turn the ball over that much and simply say its the defenses fault we lost.

The O has been awful all year. Enos plays every game like he is trying to run out the clock with a 30 point lead.

Both sides have been pretty poor at times.

Enos must never have heard of the term Tempo

Advertisement
Williams is incredibly accurate but two of those pics were not his fault. Poorly thrown, yes but Harley has to do better. WR's job to come back and fight for the ball. My only problem with Williams is it seems to take him a long time to process something. Doesn't seem instinctual and doesn't seem to read the defense before its too late. Several sacks are on him because the game is moving to fast for him.

This OL needs a mobile QB that can hurt you if you blitz. What is the point of having a 'pocket passer' if there isn't a pocket to begin with... Put Perry in and let him rip 10 YPC.

I’ve never seen a guy after tossing 3 picks in qtr gets replaced by a guy that throws for over 400 yards and almost makes a 28 points comeback; Gets to start the next game

I see a very quick hook. Williams needs to start 10-10 and with a few TDs. Otherwise, its time for Perry.

Unpopular Opinion: I'm still up for Manny as HC but he needs to do less talking about what he's going to do and just do it. Less talking; more winning.
He's got a half hour show to fill up. What do you expect him to do, just be mute and run the video tape of "highlights". You have take what he says with a grain of salt. If you don't want to hear, don't watch.

Edit - Sorry, thought OP was talking about his half hour TV show.

Advertisement
Lol Diaz trying to act like the defense is to blame for losing even though the offense turned the ball over 4 times in the 1st quarter?

What about the Head Coach who said “this was the teams best week of practice”?? Gtfoh 🤡🤡🤡🤡
Doesn't matter if the team has the best week of practice if the DC screws the pooch.

I don't wanna hear sh*t about Playing Time on Defense changing if he's still gonna trot Patchan & Knowles out there for starter snaps. The 2 of them need to hit the bench for the rest of the fckin season.

Rousseau needs to be the full time starter opposite of Garvin & he needs to seriously consider putting Shaq on the 2nd team. Throw Brooks out there & let him utilized his speed, Shaq can come in on situational snaps & certain packages but his play has vastly declined his Senior year.

Ford, Miller & Nesta are a nice trio on the interior IMO.

He also needs to play Gilbert Frierson, Keontra Smith, Jahfari Harvey, Sam Brooks, Te'Cory Couch & Christian Williams a lot more.

Exactly - Patchan, Knowles, Amari, Bethel, and yea even Shaq need to see way less playing time

Need to be replaced by Rousseau, Bolden/Keontra, Miller/Nesta, Brooks/Frierson

Embarrassing that this staff is still trotting out the "veteran" guys who are committing penalties and getting beat constantly

Williams is incredibly accurate but two of those pics were not his fault. Poorly thrown, yes but Harley has to do better. WR's job to come back and fight for the ball. My only problem with Williams is it seems to take him a long time to process something. Doesn't seem instinctual and doesn't seem to read the defense before its too late. Several sacks are on him because the game is moving to fast for him.

This OL needs a mobile QB that can hurt you if you blitz. What is the point of having a 'pocket passer' if there isn't a pocket to begin with... Put Perry in and let him rip 10 YPC.
It’s like Enos will keep doing the same stuff even when he is clearly getting his head kicked in! It’s his system or no system approach! His entire system is predicated on a beastly Oline! I guess he believes that one day, suddenly, Zion and Campbell will become Outland trophy candidates instead of being the best Roller Skate tackles in America!

I don't wanna hear sh*t about Playing Time on Defense changing if he's still gonna trot Patchan & Knowles out there for starter snaps. The 2 of them need to hit the bench for the rest of the fckin season.

Rousseau needs to be the full time starter opposite of Garvin & he needs to seriously consider putting Shaq on the 2nd team. Throw Brooks out there & let him utilized his speed, Shaq can come in on situational snaps & certain packages but his play has vastly declined his Senior year.

Ford, Miller & Nesta are a nice trio on the interior IMO.

He also needs to play Gilbert Frierson, Keontra Smith, Jahfari Harvey, Sam Brooks, Te'Cory Couch & Christian Williams a lot more.

add carter to hitting the bench, as well

Advertisement
Kosi would’ve whipped UF and UNC. Wilson and Henderson would’ve been tested a lot more on the boundary.

With this oline u go high risk high reward

no kosi wouldnt have if the scheme is the same. enos tried to go under center PA with kosi on two drives in the come back and ended up getting blown up with sacks and punts. if enos calls the spread gun he called w Kosi in and the offense he called wiht UNC then yes we would be fine.

So it looks like Baker is done after just 1 year. Smart move. Now Diaz has a legit opportunity to do what Ed Orgeron did and pair up with an elite DC (Orgeron/Aranda). Diaz/Venables sounds pretty good to me.

BV isnt coming here. his kid is at clemson and he wont leave his kid (already stated)

Advertisement
I will give Manny props for a veteran coaching move. Head coaches who have extensive coaching experience specific to offense or defense usually start of with an OC or DC in "charge" of their respective side of the ball. Then when things don't go well they can step in grab the reigns and blame that guy later on. Anyone actually believe he hasn't been involved since the Central Michigan game your crazy. Veteran HC scape goat move.
Looks like he hired a couple he could fire because he knew he had no business getting this job. When both you OC and DC stink, what does that say about the HC?

Why we sub so many players in and not the linebackers is beyond me. Shaq need to come out on obvious pass plays and put in someone else.

That’s fine with Jarren starting but if he messes up you will see Perry in a lot sooner.
Manny seen enough on his defense. Wouldn’t surprise if he’s calling plays moving forward. Baker a lame duck imo.

I just don't think Baker is ready for this level. All you ever hear in his interviews is how incredible our players are on D. He isn't used to seeing athletes of this caliber so even the guys that aren't that good would be stars at La Tech.

Advertisement
Back