Manny on Joe Rose 10/07/19

this. at the very worst, baker is another set of eyes from up top and helps game plan. manny doesnt need another DC to call plays now as he can do that. you retain him and fire him in the offseason when you can realistically replace him
Makes too much sense

Advertisement
MAJOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL is serious big business! So spare me the sentimentality and all that! And even if a OC/DC is fired during the season, he still GETS PAID for the season. Now I'm not privy to contract negotiations among coordinators, but aren't most on a YEARLY basis?

Lol bro why are you quoting me like I’m paying he man personally?

I just said I get it. If Manny & yourself see it differently that’s cool too.

Unpopular Opinion: I'm still up for Manny as HC but he needs to do less talking about what he's going to do and just do it. Less talking; more winning.

The window to make schematic and personnel adjustments was before Saturday. Nothing changed over 2 weeks following the CMU embarrassment. If Diaz couldn't adjust and prepare with a bye week it won't happen at all, especially not on a short week.

We've seen this story unfold before. Golden/D'Onofrio kept the status quo. Richt refused to adjust besides minor tweaks to the gameplan, and then he just quit gameplanning altogether.

The only shot Diaz has at long term success is a total staff overhaul this offseason. But the damage has already been done as the program has no momentum. I don't think he can recover from that even if he does upgrade the staff and take back the DC job.

Our D lost us the UNC and VT game. You cant give up a 4th and 18. You cant lose to a TF QB who only has 1 start under his belt. (UNC loss) Those are the unwritten rules in football. Period.

And in the VT game after Dallas scored that TD and we had the momentum, the D HAS to hold there. No excuses. **** we shouldn't have even been in that situation to begin with! Those are the facts.

Baker fooled him just like Enos did. Rookie mistake as a HC. He is trying to fix it now. Its clear that Baker is on borrowed time. So hopefully that gets Enos in line because if he doesn't right the ship I am glad that Manny has proven that he doesn't have a problem with pulling the plug.

It remains to be seen if Diaz has the cujones to FIRE his coordinator(s). Because a COMPETENT above-average defense holds Hokie ball to AT LEAST one FG. If not TWO field goals on those three short-field possessions!!!! No ifs, buts or whatever.

Lol at starting jarren. Uva will destroy us
Yeah man. Not sure about Jarren.How were receivers FINALLY open with N'Kosi and not for Jarren? Jarren is holding the ball too **** long. Enos ****ed me off again with seemingly NO designed QB runs, roll outs or screens or any combo when you're OL is getting beat bad. The OL is what it has shown. You have to game plan for that **** and not waiting for better play. And change the pace once in a while. Wasted a lot of time after the first drive in the 3rd quarter.

Advertisement
I don't wanna hear sh*t about Playing Time on Defense changing if he's still gonna trot Patchan & Knowles out there for starter snaps. The 2 of them need to hit the bench for the rest of the fckin season.

Rousseau needs to be the full time starter opposite of Garvin & he needs to seriously consider putting Shaq on the 2nd team. Throw Brooks out there & let him utilized his speed, Shaq can come in on situational snaps & certain packages but his play has vastly declined his Senior year.

Ford, Miller & Nesta are a nice trio on the interior IMO.

He also needs to play Gilbert Frierson, Keontra Smith, Jahfari Harvey, Sam Brooks, Te'Cory Couch & Christian Williams a lot more.

The window to make schematic and personnel adjustments was before Saturday. Nothing changed over 2 weeks following the CMU embarrassment. If Diaz couldn't adjust and prepare with a bye week it won't happen at all, especially not on a short week.

We've seen this story unfold before. Golden/D'Onofrio kept the status quo. Richt refused to adjust besides minor tweaks to the gameplan, and then he just quit gameplanning altogether.

The only shot Diaz has at long term success is a total staff overhaul this offseason. But the damage has already been done as the program has no momentum. I don't think he can recover from that even if he does upgrade the staff and take back the DC job.

This dude SPEAKS TRUTH TO POWER. With a short turn around, Cane fans will witness what type of CHARACTER and DIGNITY these Cane football players have!

Yeah man. Not sure about Jarren.How were receivers FINALLY open with N'Kosi and not for Jarren? Jarren is holding the ball too **** long. Enos ****ed me off again with seemingly NO designed QB runs, roll outs or screens or any combo when you're OL is getting beat bad. The OL is what it has shown. You have to game plan for that **** and not waiting for better play. And change the pace once in a while. Wasted a lot of time after the first drive in the 3rd quarter.

Did U hear the Foster post game interview. He came out and said JW WOULDN'T run the ball and then at half-time he told his defense to " hold containment " on Perry. Foster also said JW WASN'T a threat to " go vertical. " LMFAO :ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg: In other words, Foster wasn't the least bit worried about Miami going " vertical " with JW.

Advertisement
Gus Malzhan knew his job was on the line and took over the playcalling this year and Auburn is 4-1 and a top 15 team with a TF QB who wasn't a 5* cant miss prospect. So it can work sometimes.

Manny doesn't need to be the long term fix he just needs to stop the bleeding until he can get someone else in here after the season. It would be one thing if the sole problem was the offense and the defense was playing lights out. He could easily just blame Enos and decide his fate after teh season. But the defense has lost him 2 games singlehandedly now. That has to keep him up at night. We should be 4-1 not 2-3 if we had the defense we are use to having.
Agreed. As bad as everything has been, the defense blew 2 leads or we're 4-1. And that certainly doesn't fix all the issues, but it keeps some of our recruits from dropping us.

What is frustrating on defense it seems our most experience players are the ones ******** everything up: Brandy seems asleep half the time, the linebackers have zero recognition on coverage: D line losses it lanes on the pass rush, you figure they would understand that the VT would tried an protect their second string quarter back QB draws, short passes . My concern is the Linebackers have been coached by both Diaz and Baker the two DC, and they seemed regress. By the way the tackling is horrible, i don't get what they are getting out of tackling drills, but good lord they do whiff a lot .
What is puzzling if your QB has a sore shoulder, why are you playing him, if true this is insane. It did looked like JW did not have much zip on the ball.

Manny just said he’s getting a lot more involved in the defense going forward. He wouldn’t specifically say how it’ll change. But sounded ****ed to see his baby look so bad

Confirmed Jarren is the guy on Friday

Said Camden Price is not available for one more game, but has no answer to Bubba Baxa

On the extra Bye week - reiterated the slow defensive start is really frustrating him

Mentioned playing time, especially on D, will be changing
For the record, I don’t believe much of his talk anymore, just trying to share info, don’t shoot the messenger

Did he explain how it is possible after two weeks of preperation to look lost out there like we did. Falling behind 0 : 28 after an hour of play?

Advertisement
Dead at starting Williams....................that's completely inexcusable. I'm beginning to think coaches at Miami enjoy being incompetent, better yet they enjoy being flat out ******* liars. How could any player on the team take this seriously at this point??? Enos preaches a "multiple" approach offense yet shoves a round peg into a square hole consistently. Manny preaches accountability yet continues to start players like Williams and Patchan. **** everyone involved.

Last edited:
Our D lost us the UNC and VT game. You cant give up a 4th and 18. You cant lose to a TF QB who only has 1 start under his belt. (UNC loss) Those are the unwritten rules in football. Period.

And in the VT game after Dallas scored that TD and we had the momentum, the D HAS to hold there. No excuses. **** we shouldn't have even been in that situation to begin with! Those are the facts.

Baker fooled him just like Enos did. Rookie mistake as a HC. He is trying to fix it now. Its clear that Baker is on borrowed time. So hopefully that gets Enos in line because if he doesn't right the ship I am glad that Manny has proven that he doesn't have a problem with pulling the plug.
It took Baker 4 drives to realize VT had a run first QB.

Manny is in way over his head and would get exposed badly by a semi-decent coach, but Baker has cost us two games by having an absolutely atrocious scheme and a fundamental misunderstanding of who his best players are and what they do best.

So it looks like Baker is done after just 1 year. Smart move. Now Diaz has a legit opportunity to do what Ed Orgeron did and pair up with an elite DC (Orgeron/Aranda). Diaz/Venables sounds pretty good to me.

Advertisement
It took Baker 4 drives to realize VT had a run first QB.

Manny is in way over his head and would get exposed badly by a semi-decent coach, but Baker has cost us two games by having an absolutely atrocious scheme and a fundamental misunderstanding of who his best players are and what they do best.

What's funny is Fuente's ANNOUNCED on Monday prior to the game, that he was going with a DUAL-OPTION quarterback.

Jeff Thomas did absolutely NOTHING until Perry got in.
Then all of a suddenly dude gets two TDs and another long reception.

You can’t explain that!
Kosi would’ve whipped UF and UNC. Wilson and Henderson would’ve been tested a lot more on the boundary.

With this oline u go high risk high reward

Last edited:
Jeff Thomas did absolutely NOTHING until Perry got in.
Then all of a suddenly dude gets two TDs and another long reception.

You can’t explain that!

Yeah. That does sound a bit odd. Because a couple of INSIGHT Cane guys mentioned in previous posts, that Thomas was OPEN a lot times, but JW didn't seem to notice that. Probably had to do with not enough time in the pocket. And Thomas probably being JW's third-option, or being double-covered.

Advertisement
Back