Manny Navarro's interview with TVD

The word “ threatened “ is too strong. Bama obviously reached out ( tampered) . He had an option that most wouldn’t turn down but he did. By them reaching out he had leverage. That’s how this game works now , don’t get butthurt because y’all were all celebrating this new NIL world. It’s just the new normal and he’s not the only one. Get used to it. He got his value and that’s all he wanted. He’s passed up a better situation financially and professionally. It’s over and time to move on imo. The season is almost here.we
well said.

Advertisement
Two things can be true.

1. He’s made statements unbecoming of a leader few times in his career (“non-college atmosphere, “probably shouldn’t have played but coach wanted me to”, etc.). It was bizarre stuff about not even having his receivers numbers (Gattis really helped build trust leaking that to the press…). His body language was absolutely horrific at times last year. He’s not come across as the most likeable QB in canes history.

2. A lot of that is in the past. He’s extremely talented. He’s in an offense that he thrived in. But most of all he’s the QB for my team and I want him to succeed and win desperately so I’ll ride with him as long as he’s here.

Anyone know how the team is grasping the new systems under Dawson and Guidry?

Not a lot of time to “figure it out” in season with AM week 2

Mario hired the right guy for OC and I am very sure TVD is fond of the hire after the cluster**** and incredibly bad fit that Gattis was.

Lashlee's passing game with a more diversified run game was always the way to go. Especially with the type of OL Mario can build to run the ball. There is always room for a real diversified run game with big time OL recruited and developed by this staff

Mario trying to convert to neanderthal ball year one was a bad attempt to convert into his vision of a run first offense last year. He made mistakes and roster couldn't handle it on the field or even off the field ( S&C). The strength and conditioning program of trying to run it like Bama broke these players because they were used to summmer camp under Diaz! Many of them got injured as a result of the S&C Program and demands to play physical football on the field caused the soft players to break down and get injured. This year we will have more hardened players, a flipped over roster through the transfer portal and recruiting, You will have a roster of more players with the mindset these coaches demand. That results in more wins.

We all need to be patient. Mario is more like Butch (builder and developer) than he is like a more instantaneous program changer like Urban Meyer. Personally, I liked how Butch built it and it had staying power, but Coker's supremely soft mindset doomed the program. We continually hired the wrong coaches and weren't finacially invested for way too many years and it doomed the program.

Now there is a proper financial investment to the athletic programs and that will result in growth from becoming a contributing member in a real conference with the real financial backing it needs financially as an academic and athletic program. The only things holding this program back is the financial backing of a real conference (academically and athletically) and time with our program operating more like an SEC program. The program could become unhealthy financially if counting on financial support from donars vs real big time conference pay outs in the Big 10 and SEC. Programs have indicated financial issues with donar fatigue already.

At the end of the day, putting TVD in an offensive system that is more simplistic and quicker to execute is supremely beneficial to him and puts him in a much more user friendly system.

Last edited:
Two things can be true.

1. He’s made statements unbecoming of a leader few times in his career (“non-college atmosphere, “probably shouldn’t have played but coach wanted me to”, etc.). It was bizarre stuff about not even having his receivers numbers (Gattis really helped build trust leaking that to the press…). His body language was absolutely horrific at times last year. He’s not come across as the most likeable QB in canes history.

2. A lot of that is in the past. He’s extremely talented. He’s in an offense that he thrived in. But most of all he’s the QB for my team and I want him to succeed and win desperately so I’ll ride with him as long as he’s here.
How is the non college football thing unbecoming of a leader? I agree with everything else tho

Advertisement
Uh it doesn’t look like people have moved on. Reread the thread.
Right, the thread specifically about a recent interview he did where he discusses said topic...
Idk if you were directing that at me personally or just in general, but moving on doesn't mean never talking about something again.

Advertisement
I can’t wait, CANT WAIT, for him to move on. This guy still thinks it’s the second half of 2021.

It’s 2023. Not everything was Gattis fault last year.
I am ready to move on, too. He’s been more disappointing off the field to me and the Bama stuff left a bad taste in people’s mouth. I hope he proves me wrong but I have my doubts.

you mean the Drake Maye who was also courted by Bama and also decided to stay at UNC???

You talk like TVD SOUGHT out Sabin. smh

If he were my kid, I would have encouraged him to think hard about what was best for his future at that point in January. Any of you would have if you are honest.
“In January.” That would have been an entirely different situation. Unfortunately, that’s not what happened. He and his ******* agent handled it poorly. If our depth wasn’t **** poor at QB, Mario doesn’t fight for him to stay. Take that how you want.

Advertisement
Gattis played a major role in TVDs regression from a legit potential 1st rounder to undraftable in one year. Legit almost ruined his career and life. Talent wise, who did Miami have on offense that TVD could depend on? It’s amazing he even gave Mario the benefit of the doubt and time to find another OC.

I get we are extremely bias here but if TVD was our brother or close friend…and you take Miami out of the picture we would have all advised him to jump ship and look for a new home after the **** show that was last season.
Whew! PREACH

Lol y’all hating on a college kid who we need BADLY to play well this year. Keep all that female cry baby **** outta here. Let’s ride Tyler!

It was an unnecessary jab at his own program that was easily used against us. Either way we are all moving on and hoping to see 2021 TVD.
I don't think it was a jab. I think he reacted honestly and didn't think how his words sounded. Let's not kid outselves; the majority of people who post on this board have said the very same thing....

TVD is not glib. He doesn't seem to make idle small talk. He's reserved and never really seems comfortable in interviews. Social media being what it is , his comment was immediately blown up by the media and the rest is history....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back