Manny Navarro's interview with TVD

Advertisement
If we're having trouble installing an Air Raid, we're in big time trouble.
First of all, we are already in trouble, coming off a 5-7 season. Secondly, it will not be an air raid, thankfully.

I think no one is doubting TVD talent, im certainly not, when I watched him the year before he had nothing to lose, Garcia was hurt as well s our starting QB King, now last year we had a lot of injuries, a new coordinator but when I reviewed everything we needed leadership and what impressed me was Jacurri Brown coming in as a freshman playing the games he did, he knew he needed to work on his mechanics and wanted to redshirt but he came into games and gave us a spark, TVD had shoulder injuries but I was expecting him to coach up the young players he had bad body language on the field, now Mario reviews what is needed on this team went out and got it the rest lies with the maturity of TVD.

TVD is a good QB with a lot to prove. He can make NFL throws, hit downfield, and carry the team on his back in tight situations. He got absolutely destroyed by poor OL play and Mario / Gattis stubbornness (and ended up getting banged up). He’s not the homecoming king, but he doesn’t need to be to put the ball in the hands of playmakers. The OL and RB play should also help too… plus, he’s literally all we’ve got this season.

The word “ threatened “ is too strong. Bama obviously reached out ( tampered) . He had an option that most wouldn’t turn down but he did. By them reaching out he had leverage. That’s how this game works now , don’t get butthurt because y’all were all celebrating this new NIL world. It’s just the new normal and he’s not the only one. Get used to it. He got his value and that’s all he wanted. He’s passed up a better situation financially and professionally. It’s over and time to move on imo. The season is almost here.
Amen brother. Tell a few on here to get out of their feelings and pull up on reality.

How TVD goes for our Canes will determine what we do in '23.
If not TVD who????
Serious question. Reality whether we like it or not!!!

Advertisement
1690226831558.png

I'm happy to do film breakdown. Even with someone who uses "shiii".

What game from last year should we start with?
I'll let you choose. And you clearly can't type profanity on here so you calling out that I used "shii" is extra lame with no purpose.

Advertisement
I wish we had a guy like King, Kaaya, or Stephen Morris. I just don't see TVD as a leader. Hope he turns it around and gives us a good season.
This narrative is stupid af to me. Leadership is reflected in the attitude of the players FROM the attitude of the staff. How is TvD supposed to lead when Gattis isn't?

How can you lead a team that you know DOESNT believe in the coaches? Make this shid yall typing make sense to me?

How many leader extraordinaires are on 5 win teams?

Stop it.

You can watch last year and understand that he was put in a terrible situation by Gattis but also acknowledge that he wasn't accurate consistently last year, struggles going through his reads, and at times holds onto the ball WAY to long. It's not one or the other, both are true here.

He's not a Caleb Williams where he'll succeed in any scheme, he needs to be in a scheme that tailors to his strengths. I think Dawson's O will allow him to have significantly more success than last year.

Caleb Williams can not succeed in any scheme. Where do yall come up with this BS?

Advertisement
Funny how all of the people WHO ACTUALLY KNOW FOOTBALL agree. Tell me you don't know football by acting like TvD was anywhere near an issue for us.

Ni**as keep bringing up MTSU but we benched TvD and MTSU still ran a locomotive on us.. so what are yall even typing? A bunch of ignorant butt hurt drivel.

Screenshot_20230725_051732_Twitter.jpg

First of all, we are already in trouble, coming off a 5-7 season. Secondly, it will not be an air raid, thankfully.
So Shannon Dawson is running a completely different offense than what he's ran his entire career? That could be trouble.

Advertisement
Nobody ever seen Caleb Williams in any system that wasn't shotgun spread but ni**s in her BOLDLY typing that he can excel in any system?

Man stop it. None of these young QBs today can operate and have consistent success under center, tight formations and 11, 12 and 13 personnel offenses.

O lineman can't either.

You know how hard it is to block and pick up blitzes when a trips bunch is lined up a yard away from the tackle?

You bring all the defenders in the box and it confuses the **** outta the lineman. Not too mention it allows no outlet passes if QB faces immediate pressure because the receivers are running into each other and DBs can easily cover all the options bunched into the same area.

Yall like to bring up the same few plays that JUST so happened to show a semblance of working and use that against the man.

When that's insane!

I watched Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma have a game where receivers had 5 drops and they still put of over 40 points. 5 drops in a Gattis game is pretty much a death sentence.

This narrative is stupid af to me. Leadership is reflected in the attitude of the players FROM the attitude of the staff. How is TvD supposed to lead when Gattis isn't?

How can you lead a team that you know DOESNT believe in the coaches? Make this shid yall typing make sense to me?

How many leader extraordinaires are on 5 win teams?

Stop it.
Oh calm the f down

Caleb Williams can not succeed in any scheme. Where do yall come up with this BS?
Caleb Williams has the arm talent and versatility to succeed in ALMOST any scheme, better? He's accurate at pretty much all depths in his throws, has great feet and awareness in the pocket, is great in the RPO game, can see a defense well and really the only knock on his game is sometimes he trusts a play too much and holds on to the ball longer than he should instead of throwing it away. We've never really seen him for an extended period playing from under center so I guess if you want to say he wouldn't fit there you'd at least have an argument. Although, I think with his smarts and ability, he'd be able to handle that as well but there's not really tangible evidence so it's just an opinion.

What scheme do you think he'd struggle in?

Nobody ever seen Caleb Williams in any system that wasn't shotgun spread but ni**s in her BOLDLY typing that he can excel in any system?

Man stop it. None of these young QBs today can operate and have consistent success under center, tight formations and 11, 12 and 13 personnel offenses.

O lineman can't either.
So because you've never seen it, that just means off rip they can't? Makes sense. Boldly saying that a player can't do something because they've never been asked to is just ridiculous lol.

Also, you saying TVD wasn't an issue for us last year is insane on it's own. Was he the biggest problem? Of course not, and that's why Gattis horrible *** was let go. But both things can be true, Gattis is the worst OC I've ever seen and TVD wasn't great either. Regardless of the **** OC, there were times he missed open throws and didn't play to his talent level. It's fine to admit that. It's a new year, with a new scheme and he's still our QB and we will still support him, but he's not immune from blame for the abortion of a season we saw last year.

Advertisement
Back