Manny Navarro's interview with TVD

Advertisement
No only has he taken blame , he’s taken the second most amount of blame behind Gattis. I mean did you read the board during the season? It was so bad people were blaming him for misses that was obviously not on him, it was the route depth. But I get it , let’s rip him some more. That solves a lot in July.
TVD attempted a leverage play that was once reserved for pro athletes. It got messy and public so now he's being treated like a pro by fans. A pro coming off a season where he was injured and didn't play well while also being the QB. He does not get the longstanding college exemption of being "our guy" that usually protected players from getting absolutely picked apart or flat out bashed. Parties who had a vested interest in making it public did so and now here we are.

TVD attempted a leverage play that was once reserved for pro athletes. It got messy and public so now he's being treated like a pro by fans. A pro coming off a season where he was injured and didn't play well while also being the QB. He does not get the longstanding college exemption of being "our guy" that usually protected players from getting absolutely picked apart or flat out bashed. Parties who had a vested interest in making it public did so and now here we are.
Do you think he’s the only player that’s tried this on the team ? And if so why is he the only one that got leaked ? Why were the same rumors leaked a couple months earlier ? “ Smu and ND “. But no other players were? Makes you think where people get their info and there could be some agenda going on.

Got it.. everybody's fault but TVD.
I mean coaching makes players bad ready for this. Such as Jalen Hurts before the eagles new OC this year. Made him a **** near MVP. Danny Dimes with a real coach/OC looks like a new QB. Geno Smith new OC. I mean the list keeps going

Advertisement
Water under the bridge as far as TVD having sniffed around transferring. He’s QB1 for the Miami Hurricanes and we should hope he has a great season.
Hey not for nothing I’d that was me or my son I would’ve told him to go to bama too if the new Miami OC hire was trash. U only get so many years in college and the kids trying to go to the nfl

Do you think he’s the only player that’s tried this on the team ? And if so why is he the only one that got leaked ? Why were the same rumors leaked a couple months earlier ? “ Smu and ND “. But no other players were? Makes you think where people get their info and there could be some agenda going on.
I didn't say that he was the only one who tried. But he did try. So that opens him up to people getting that information and doing what they want with it. I couldn't care less about anyone's agenda. That is not the part of the story that actually matters. What matters is the starting QB due to a variety of factors decided to explore his options. He'll have to deal with that. Thankfully Miami has such below average people covering the team he likely won't get asked much about it once the deciphering the meaning of whose where in stretching lines begins.

Not only has he taken blame , he’s taken the second most amount of blame behind Gattis. I mean did you read the board during the season? It was so bad people were blaming him for misses that was obviously not on him, it was the route depth. It was all “Gattis or Tvd sucks and is a bad leader“. But I get it , let’s rip him some more. That solves a lot in July.
Brother I'm not trying to hate on TVD. We all know how badly we need him to ball out this year. I did read some of the board last season but I skipped a lot of the ultra negativity because I'm not interested in it. If TVD learned from his own part of last years debacle then that's a very good thing for all of us. I'm just replying to the one guy in this thread who wants to blame everyone but TVD. The whole team did poorly last year and outside of a couple of areas that deserve a lot of hate, everyone deserves some of the criticism. It was a team effort and it was really bad. Nobody on the team is blameless imo. I would love to go back to TVD being a six straight 300/3 guy and looking to be a heisman candidate and forget everything about last year. I don't want to be a mope.

Advertisement

It does feel like some a steaming pile of crap served up by someone who really dislikes TVD or the program or both. We need to ride with TVD at this point regardless so I’m focusing on his qualities of which there are many. I personally think the kid has incredible potential and hope he realizes it with Dawson this season.

Listen, I get it. 2022 went poorly. But you have to consider the entire program and not one player. TVD had his shoulder separated at the midpoint of the season after playing well in the prior 2.25 games. Many folks on here are 100% correct when they talk about Gattis, the OL and the injuries.

Going into 2022 I was praying things would work out with Gattis. All I had was hope. The WR room had significant questions marks with Smith, George (suspended) X (dealing with injury) Brinson (shoulder), Ladson, and smith. Colby just got to campus from juco and then we lost Citizen, Zion, Chaney in preseason. The offense was a wreck from the start without even considering Gattis' tight sets, easy to steal signs, no audibles and no ability to call projections. All QBs were a sitting ducks as well as the RBs.

This year is different. OL now has 5 real starters of which 3 have played at a significant level with depth to sustain some injuries, WR room now has a legit Colby Young, a hungry George, a beast in X, lightening speed/experience in Harrell, A healthy Horton and Reading and depth in the slot with Smith and fast freshman. Our RB room is night and day deeper with Allen, Parrish, Chaney, Fletcher and Johnson. We also have speed and size in the room now.

Dawson is going to throw the ball to WRs, TEs and RBs. If TVD can do what he has done during his carrier in the ACC. He will break the single season yardage record.

If you want to be a glass is half empty guy, I get it. But don't let yourselves not enjoy the ride if you are wrong.
Good post explaining last year’s train wreck season and valid reasons for optimism this year; however, many of us are scarred from buying into pre-season hype only to be let down. It’s happened far too many times in recent memory.

Cautious optimism is what I am opting for. I’m setting the bar at the mid-way point hoping the season exceeds my expectations.

Last edited:
It does feel like some a steaming pile of crap served up by someone who really dislikes TVD or the program or both. We need to ride with TVD at this point regardless so I’m focusing on his qualities of which there are many. I personally think the kid has incredible potential and hope he realizes it with Dawson this season.
Agree. for all we know, it was put out there by someone connected to Bama who had their nose out of joint because he rejected their advances at that time.

That's all water under the bridge to me. Seems to me the reports are he's done nothing but dedicate himself to the team and the upcoming season.

I just listened to Navarro's recent podcast where he goes more in depth on his conversation with TVD and others on the team.... Well worth listening to.

Advertisement
I can’t wait, CANT WAIT, for him to move on. This guy still thinks it’s the second half of 2021.

It’s 2023. Not everything was Gattis fault last year.
Because Jacurri Brown and Jake Garcia were so much better right? TVD had a ****** OC, an even worse OL, and battled through injuries last year, but let's forget the 2nd half 2021 when he excelled with a good OC.

This is what I was saying about his leadership abilities. You didn’t see it on the field and the article just hinted at it. He blamed the the negative attitude of other players once they got down by even 7 as defeated. As the leader of the team you’re supposed to have a foot up a teammates a$$ for that. Then pushing the playing with injuries on the coaches. Plus like another poster side. Gattis didn’t lose accuracy, forget touch and how to lead receivers, but most importantly stare down his receiver or route on too many occasions to count. I’m praying he had a breakthrough with this QB coaching clinic he worked with and gels with the new OC but with the ability to call audible plays he sees comes even less excuses.
Well, it says a LOT more about Mario's lack of leadership abilities since he is the HC and supposed to set the tone for the entire team. What about the god, Mirabel, isn't he supposed to help set the tone as well, at least for the atrocious OL play? Gattis is gone but he was supposed to be the leader of the entire offense. Agree TVD didn't do his part, but ****, stop blaming everything on him and start holding the $8 million dollar man accountable for HIS team!

Well, it says a LOT more about Mario's lack of leadership abilities since he is the HC and supposed to set the tone for the entire team. What about the god, Mirabel, isn't he supposed to help set the tone as well, at least for the atrocious OL play? Gattis is gone but he was supposed to be the leader of the entire offense. Agree TVD didn't do his part, but ****, stop blaming everything on him and start holding the $8 million dollar man accountable for HIS team!

Maybe you answered a question here…who has an interest In questioning or casting doubt on TVD….

Advertisement
Not only has he taken blame , he’s taken the second most amount of blame behind Gattis. I mean did you read the board during the season? It was so bad people were blaming him for misses that was obviously not on him, it was the route depth. It was all “Gattis or Tvd sucks and is a bad leader“. But I get it , let’s rip him some more. That solves a lot in July.
Cribby:
TVD is blamed for everything........yet without him where will this '23 season go?............4 wins......maybe 5 and light's out..........these posters are mindless or hanging out in la la land..........our Canes would be nothing without this guy...........ripping him when you need him is like throwing bottled water away in the desert because you felt a breeze 10 seconds ago...............dumb, dumb, dumb....
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF
Agreed 100% with your post

I read that quote numerous times and couldn't decide which version is what he meant. Maybe it's both!
I think being followed by “you never know” would suggest that he was implying that not everyone that was a distraction last year has left the team. Just my 2 cents.

"Coach wanted me to play, but it was my decision." So it wasn't his decision. Let's try not to be that desperate for bowl eligibility this year.
Also Mario talking out both sides of his culo last year. Why risk you QB's health for a "rebuild"? But also it wasn't a rebuild until 30 guys were injured and his OC and DC hires fell flat vs MTSU

Yeah well
He looked pretty good in the spring game with a new offense.
But he also knew they weren't going to touch him. And after one series, he knew they weren't going to blow the play dead on obvious sacks either. He boots out on one throw and he's in a body bag if it's live. They let him 'get the throw off' and complete a sail route where he's dead in a real game

Advertisement
Back