Manny Navarro Update 12/2/21

Advertisement
This is exactly my fear. UM is putting all of its eggs in the Cristobal basket and if they're turned down, they'll stick with Diaz and claim "progress" was still made within the Athletic Department by securing a new AD. With all of the vacancies and movement on the coaching front, I could UM taking the easy way out, granting Diaz another year, and seeing who could be available in another year when Diaz (inevitably) fails once again. If Kiffin really wants the job, it's a no brainer to move on from Diaz, but next to nothing in the past two decades represents rationality within UM athletics.
If Kiffin was the back up plan I would say that Manny would be fired already

Can you imagine whiffing on Mario, announcing you’re bringing back Manny (gonna get loud and toxic in public - more than it already is), and then losing or getting blown out in a bowl game?

I can’t see him surviving that regardless of what happens with Mario. Manny might force their hand himself

Advertisement
Can you imagine whiffing on Mario, announcing you’re bringing back Manny (gonna get loud and toxic in public - more than it already is), and then losing or getting blown out in a bowl game?

I can’t see him surviving that regardless of what happens with Mario. Manny might force their hand himself
^How to make sure you’re the laughingstock of college football.

Yes but the timing of being courteous tomorrow leads me to believe he said yes

I struggle to see ANY positive in bringing manny back. We know what he is, a lame duck coach. What coordinators are going to want to come work under him? He is a dead man walking. Recruits wont come, the fan base will be toxic af, empty stadium, banners will fly etc. Just ridiculous to even consider retaining him.
An OC/DC wanting a one-year audition for HC.

If Mario doesn't want to come here, I think that'll mean he never is considered for the job again tbh.

Then we'd probably try to get Stoops or Kiffin.

Advertisement

It would be chaos on this site but there's no real person that's going to judge anything on a bowl game, especially when the OC just took a head coaching job somewhere. If I'm a decision maker, the bowl game is literally meaningless to anyone other than the fans. Sure, it would be fun to be matched up with UF but that's as far as it goes in my mind.

Not even about that fam. Manny would have more respect saying things are tight lipped right now at Miami. Instead of feeding into the narrative it’s a **** show.
unfortunately, that's how click baits work.

If Mario doesn't want to come here, I think that'll mean he never is considered for the job again tbh.

Then we'd probably try to get Stoops or Kiffin.
Stoops just signed an extension with Kentucky. And per Ole Miss 247 writer, Lane Kiffin is about to sign an extension...

Stoops just signed an extension with Kentucky. And per Ole Miss 247 writer, Lane Kiffin is about to sign an extension...
Snooze at the pot and this is what you get, nothing. If true then the eggs are indeed in one basket only, Mario. If he says no then we’re going to bring back the most toxic HC in our history. Talk about the madness that will ensure once he’s announced back for 2022.

Advertisement
Per Oregon 247 board, Mario has several in-homes scheduled for sunday.

Their mods think there is no way he comes here.

Seems like we both pushed our chips all-in.

If he knows the list of candidates is impressive then he would know specific names. Conveniently he doesn’t have the intel to put that out there until Mike Ryan says multiple P5 ADs are interested.
Not to mention exposing himself by saying Mario OR Manny 😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Both of these updates honestly make me feel worst about this thing making it publicly know it’s Mario or bust is just dumb. A lame duck manny next year would so toxic. This whole process has sucked I hope they can land the Mario but man this screams dysfunctional.

Last edited:
If we don't get Mario the new AD will likely decide. Stoops and Life. Will likely be top candidates. Could be a USC situation where they just don't think there is a good enough candidate this yr so Diaz is "Kept" until early next year where we just start the search...

The right coordinators and the right qb can change the direction of the program. We've got more money than we've ever had to spend on a coordinator. Some fired HC or up and comer with success.

Manny is not a bad coach. I understand that this is the narrative but its not true. I think that's why there's such fear that he'll get another shot.
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Advertisement
Back