Manny interview with Tim Reynolds

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely a lot more quiet this year compared to the same time last year. Sure, there's been some splash - Enos, Barry, and Stubbs gone; Lashlee, Justice, ER20 and seems like Likens hired; King, Roche, and Borregalas transferred in.

But overall, I agree that Manny seems more humble and focused on the tasks at hand. A season like last year should be humbling. Hopefully, that leads to better results on the field.

Advertisement
I knew someone would post this and I knew the replies would drive me berserk.

Again......WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT. HIM. TO. SAY???

We ALL know it's put up or shut up. Words don't matter. Saturdays in the fall do. But do you think Manny called Reynolds? The AP is a press organization, Reynolds covers Miami....he calls Miami and Manny and writes stories. You want Manny to just sit in a chair across from Reynolds and invoke his 5th amendment privilege? The cold shoulder?

People get so mad with this guy when he talks....he's the head coach at The University of Miami. He has to talk. It's literally a huge part of his job. The Cincinnati Bengals went 2-14 this past season....google "Zac Taylor", he's their Head Coach...there are pages and pages of interviews from him. They absolutely sucked last year...worst team in football. So should he lock himself in his office and not grant any media requests until they win the Super Bowl?

Some of you (aka the vast majority of you) are clueless or blind or your hatred clouds your judgement when it comes to media accessibility and coach speak. And the best part about it is Manny literally says that every time he speaks. "None of this matters, but....". You think he doesn't know he needs to win and that's the only thing that's important? Who cares what he says? He won't have a chance to win a game for 8 months, if you guys get your panties in a wad every time this guy talks you're going to have a really miserable spring and summer.

I wish they wouldn't even ask our coaches for interviews at this point. We're always going to get the same responses about the traditions, standards, culture, and so on. The answers mean nothing, so why even ask. It's not like there's much else Manny can say at this point, but the whole exchange is so predictable. If Manny can get away with declining these interviews, he should. I'd prefer that and respect it more than nonsense that these interviews produce.

I wish they wouldn't even ask our coaches for interviews at this point. We're always going to get the same responses about the traditions, standards, culture, and so on. The answers mean nothing, so why even ask. It's not like there's much else Manny can say at this point, but the whole exchange is so predictable. If Manny can get away with declining these interviews, he should. I'd prefer that and respect it more than nonsense that these interviews produce.
Then don't read them.

What above poster said. We all know it’s put up or shut up.
would u rather he be saying the opposite and did nothing?
if he didn’t fire anyone or bring in any transfers and said everything is fine we’re making no changes? He’s pretty much done everything he can do to ensure we’re much better in 2020. It’s up to him to coach and win. Don’t and he’ll be gone. But he has to do interviews.

Advertisement
Nothing wrong with speaking, but Manny just has to face it last year was horrible and he can't try to run from it.. Give the fans the true details on what's going on with the program.. If something ain't right let the fans know, most coach's want to suga coat and cover things up, NO MANNY tell the fans what it was like in year 1.. Where did the problems come from, how did you try to fix it, what player's we're bad apples and what player's are doing to get better for next year, what coach is on the hot seat on the staff, WE WANT ALL THAT, no holding back Manny!!

Definitely gonna need an OT board if every bit of team news or quotes is met with the same “put up or shut up” response

So annoying. It's literally children here. "WIN OR SHUT UP MANNY!!"

Imagine this rationale in literally any line of business. Should the CEO of Boeing have said, "I'm sorry, we can't comment on the recent crashes of the 737 MAX. When that model is named as the best airplane ever made, then we will comment. But for now, we have nothing to say."

Hey, Tim Cook, Apple fell a little short of quarterly projections. Your statement? "No comment". LMAO...what????

Advertisement
I gave up on Manny last year; however, when I spoke to some strong backers of UM during the Christmas holiday, they all said that: "he is too intelligent to fire after one year." They knew that he would have to "grow into the job" when they hired him, but no one envisioned 7-6. The one thing that they all kept reiterating was that he was top three percentile in intelligence. They also stated that he was one of those rare individuals that embrace change and that he was not stubborn to a fault like the prior coaches.

I gave up on Manny last year; however, when I spoke to some strong backers of UM during the Christmas holiday, they all said that: "he is too intelligent to fire after one year." They knew that he would have to "grow into the job" when they hired him, but no one envisioned 7-6. The one thing that they all kept reiterating was that he was top three percentile in intelligence. They also stated that he was one of those rare individuals that embrace change and that he was not stubborn to a fault like the prior coaches.

It's the guy's literal dream job. Literally. If he fails at it, and he certainly might, it's not going to be for lack of trying. Some people are just incapable. It's called the Peter Principle. That very well may be Manny, but you can't say yes or no right now. You just can't after 1 year.

But the guy is smart....I knew there was a 0.0% chance he'd watch his dream job go down the drain in 2 years because he hitched his wagon to Dan Enos and Butch Barry. Now, it's his fault he hired those guys in the first place. But a mistake was made, and he's hoping to fix it in 1 year. We'll see if what he's done since Shreveport makes any difference in the fall. But we won't know...UNTIL THE FALL. Until then, it's all words, which many of you would be happier if you just ignored all of them and took a nap until September.

Advertisement
Back