Manny interview with Tim Reynolds

Advertisement
I understand interviews thats part of the job.....**** he does on twitter is 100% his own doing

Canes fans: We the U bro, we talk **** to everybody...anybody, anytime, anywhere. That’s that JJ **** bro. Hialeah in the house!! Canesville take over, kiss these 5 rangz ******!! All about this U!! Michael Irvin is my hero!!

Also Canes fans: Gee whiz, I sure wish our coach kinda slumped in a corner and didn’t tweet or have any confidence.

Weirdos.

I knew someone would post this and I knew the replies would drive me berserk.

Again......WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT. HIM. TO. SAY???

We ALL know it's put up or shut up. Words don't matter. Saturdays in the fall do. But do you think Manny called Reynolds? The AP is a press organization, Reynolds covers Miami....he calls Miami and Manny and writes stories. You want Manny to just sit in a chair across from Reynolds and invoke his 5th amendment privilege? The cold shoulder?

People get so mad with this guy when he talks....he's the head coach at The University of Miami. He has to talk. It's literally a huge part of his job. The Cincinnati Bengals went 2-14 this past season....google "Zac Taylor", he's their Head Coach...there are pages and pages of interviews from him. They absolutely sucked last year...worst team in football. So should he lock himself in his office and not grant any media requests until they win the Super Bowl?

Some of you (aka the vast majority of you) are clueless or blind or your hatred clouds your judgement when it comes to media accessibility and coach speak. And the best part about it is Manny literally says that every time he speaks. "None of this matters, but....". You think he doesn't know he needs to win and that's the only thing that's important? Who cares what he says? He won't have a chance to win a game for 8 months, if you guys get your panties in a wad every time this guy talks you're going to have a really miserable spring and summer.
OrangeBowl > 24 Karat

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

CFB Head Coaches don't really coach anymore.... they pick the Assistants who DO THE COACHING.. and also the playbook, game planning and calling plays, etc.

Every successful team does it that way now: LSU, Bama, Clemson etc...

Manny's job is finding and selecting the talent and then making sure they perform to the expectations.

And now he's got the benefit of Ed Reed at his side to help guide him with wisdom and experience...

LOVE IT!

I beg to differ. It's both.

Advertisement
I think Manny understands this is a huge year for him. Another 6-7 season and he will be looking for work.

He’ll be spared after another 6-7 season. He’ll tell the admin about how he’s bringing in new assistants, new transfers and new chains. Not only will the admin fall for what he’s saying hook, line and sinker, but CIS will as well.

It would have been a major red flag if Manny didn't make any changes. He's made the exact changes that many on here were screaming for - got rid of Enos, Barry, and Stubbs and hired what seems to upgrades in all 3.

I agree Manny ain't no dummy. And I also believe this is his dream job. At least it seems if he's going to go down, he's going down swingin'.

Richt brought guys he had close personal relationships with to Miami...including his own son. I truly believe he retired because he knew he had to fire Jon and he couldn't bring himself to do it. But those were "Richt's guys". He coached Dugans at FSU. He coached and coached with Thomas Brown, the dude was like a son to Mark. And Jon is literally his spawn. Those were his guys, and he went down with them and the ship.

Golden was basically the same way...we all knew No D was the problem, but the guy was the best man in his wedding. He was going to go down with D'Onofrio, no matter what. And he did.

Manny has no real ties to any of the guys on the offense. And this job truthfully means more to Manny than it did for Richt or Golden. He's too smart to know that if this blows up he's going to spend the next 40 years thinking about what he could've done different, and knowing that just standing pat was never an option for him.

Manny/Banda the streak continues

Advertisement
Canes fans: We the U bro, we talk **** to everybody...anybody, anytime, anywhere. That’s that JJ **** bro. Hialeah in the house!! Canesville take over, kiss these 5 rangz ******!! All about this U!! Michael Irvin is my hero!!

Also Canes fans: Gee whiz, I sure wish our coach kinda slumped in a corner and didn’t tweet or have any confidence.

Weirdos.

Wow that was a stupid response.

I'll give Manny this, if he stinks up the place this season it won't be because he stood still.

I have concerns about Manny’s leadership skills.

I’m not convinced he can get it done.

But I like the guy and am rooting for him to succeed. His willingness to adjust year to year makes me respect him more as a coach. We know what it costs not to have that.

Advertisement
This lispy dummy still thinks we don't have a culture problem. Stupid pu$$y boy coach we have. Talking about the Miami Heat?? Seriously? Fire this Gremlin.

I fully believe in Manny just because he has shown the ability to change. I feel like that is missing in a lot of coaches, but Manny is smart enough to be able to adapt. I think he’ll be good for us in the long run

He has many qualities that make for a great head coach.

The biggest obstacle he faces are internal. He has to be a LEADER OF MEN. He has to have this team dialed in and be able to influence them mentally to give their best effort.

This and elite recruiting are my only doubts about him. Winning will get us plenty of guys, but he still needs to be better. Can’t keep whiffing at positions of need when we literally need bodies on the roster, even if they may not be elite.

Miami will be a lot better this year. I say there's a 95% chance he returns for year 3. Lets hope King stays healthy. He's a big time talent.

Advertisement
I completely agree with you. He is batting 1.000 this offseason. He secured the second best QB in the country and hired sterling OC and OL coaches. He performed..... I can say with the utmost certainty that he needs to win 9 games next year to keep his job.

He needs to be "razor focused" on the defense, though. They need a top-10 defense next year. He needs to reach out to as many NFL DCs as possible and ensure an elite defense. We will score points, but he needs to shore up his "side of the ball".

Manuela is the queen of January....problem is, the games start in August/September, and she is pu$$ified when other teams line up against us. #helosttoFIU

The only time a coach ****ed me off with their interviews was Enox, he was a total prick.

Manny's interviews don't **** me off because I've already tuned him out, so there's nothing to be upset about in early February.

The only thing I don't wanna hear in Spring or Fall camp is "the best players will play", because if that's true then there's no justifiable reason to start Ivey.

That's the one thing that irritates me the most about this staff, particularly on Defense, I'm not always sure the best 11 are on the field, they tend to often play favorites & guys that are frequently mistake prone but because they're well liked by a position coach they just get as many snaps as they want.

This could be where Ed Reed has a big impact, someone needs to be an objective pair of eyes & have the cajones to tell Diaz/Banda/Rumph that their favorite DB's ain't cutting it & need to hit the bench when they get beat repeatedly & miss multiple assignments.

If they really wanna turn this thing around, players that make mistakes on the field have to know there's consequences for it. Don't care how good a student you are or how much coaches may like you, if you consistently put your team at a disadvantage due to your play, you need to be standing on the sideline.

The only time a coach ****ed me off with their interviews was Enox, he was a total prick.

Manny's interviews don't **** me off because I've already tuned him out, so there's nothing to be upset about in early February.

The only thing I don't wanna hear in Spring or Fall camp is "the best players will play", because if that's true then there's no justifiable reason to start Ivey.

That's the one thing that irritates me the most about this staff, particularly on Defense, I'm not always sure the best 11 are on the field, they tend to often play favorites & guys that are frequently mistake prone but because they're well liked by a position coach they just get as many snaps as they want.

This could be where Ed Reed has a big impact, someone needs to be an objective pair of eyes & have the cajones to tell Diaz/Banda/Rumph that their favorite DB's ain't cutting it & need to hit the bench when they get beat repeatedly & miss multiple assignments.

If they really wanna turn this thing around, players that make mistakes on the field have to know there's consequences for it. Don't care how good a student you are or how much coaches may like you, if you consistently put your team at a disadvantage due to your play, you need to be standing on the sideline.
PREACH!

Advertisement
Back