Manny interview with Tim Reynolds

I wish they wouldn't even ask our coaches for interviews at this point. We're always going to get the same responses about the traditions, standards, culture, and so on. The answers mean nothing, so why even ask. It's not like there's much else Manny can say at this point, but the whole exchange is so predictable. If Manny can get away with declining these interviews, he should. I'd prefer that and respect it more than nonsense that these interviews produce.
I enjoy reading anything canes related. That’s why I’m on here. I don’t give a ****tt if it’s coach speak or not.

Advertisement
I wish they wouldn't even ask our coaches for interviews at this point. We're always going to get the same responses about the traditions, standards, culture, and so on. The answers mean nothing, so why even ask. It's not like there's much else Manny can say at this point, but the whole exchange is so predictable. If Manny can get away with declining these interviews, he should. I'd prefer that and respect it more than nonsense that these interviews produce.
accountability. thats what the press is for. to ask questions and to provide information to the public.

Advertisement
Did the Russians interfere?
It was some 400lb guy in his moms basement

1580833867527.gif

nothing Manny said in that interview is incorrect. He had a HORRIBLE kicker last year and a very immature and inconsistent quarterback. The defense was good enough for the most part. The offensive line was young and probably poorly coached and probably not too talented.

So now he has an experienced successful kicker and quarterback and an easy schedule. Hopefully they can add one graduate transfer to the offensive line for stability and experience. So as we all agree, next year is Put Up or Shut Up. Should be interesting.

I knew someone would post this and I knew the replies would drive me berserk.

Again......WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT. HIM. TO. SAY???

We ALL know it's put up or shut up. Words don't matter. Saturdays in the fall do. But do you think Manny called Reynolds? The AP is a press organization, Reynolds covers Miami....he calls Miami and Manny and writes stories. You want Manny to just sit in a chair across from Reynolds and invoke his 5th amendment privilege? The cold shoulder?

People get so mad with this guy when he talks....he's the head coach at The University of Miami. He has to talk. It's literally a huge part of his job. The Cincinnati Bengals went 2-14 this past season....google "Zac Taylor", he's their Head Coach...there are pages and pages of interviews from him. They absolutely sucked last year...worst team in football. So should he lock himself in his office and not grant any media requests until they win the Super Bowl?

Some of you (aka the vast majority of you) are clueless or blind or your hatred clouds your judgement when it comes to media accessibility and coach speak. And the best part about it is Manny literally says that every time he speaks. "None of this matters, but....". You think he doesn't know he needs to win and that's the only thing that's important? Who cares what he says? He won't have a chance to win a game for 8 months, if you guys get your panties in a wad every time this guy talks you're going to have a really miserable spring and summer.

I agree and as someone who drank up the cool aid that Diaz was serving up last off season and absolutely $hitted on him throughout the past season, I liked what he had to say in this interview and that it seems he ate some humble pie (no more bat signals and pump up social media postings as he feels the fire). That’s good to see and hear from him actually.

I am also impressed with most of the off season moves (especially King and Lashlee). The part that makes Manure (yup, he’s still **** until proven otherwise in the fall!) like his past two predecessors is that the defensive is his baby... and he didn’t make one staff change on that side of the ball. Now the defense is NOT BAD, but is also NOT GREAT. But Diaz is sticking with his gunz there, for better or worse.

I’m giving him another chance though and hopefully I can call him something else this fall!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
No doubt in my mind that Manny has great desire to get us back to a top 5-10 program. Does he have the ability to do it? We shall see.

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

CFB Head Coaches don't really coach anymore.... they pick the Assistants who DO THE COACHING.. and also the playbook, game planning and calling plays, etc.

Every successful team does it that way now: LSU, Bama, Clemson etc...

Manny's job is finding and selecting the talent and then making sure they perform to the expectations.

And now he's got the benefit of Ed Reed at his side to help guide him with wisdom and experience...

LOVE IT!

I knew someone would post this and I knew the replies would drive me berserk.

Again......WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT. HIM. TO. SAY???

We ALL know it's put up or shut up. Words don't matter. Saturdays in the fall do. But do you think Manny called Reynolds? The AP is a press organization, Reynolds covers Miami....he calls Miami and Manny and writes stories. You want Manny to just sit in a chair across from Reynolds and invoke his 5th amendment privilege? The cold shoulder?

People get so mad with this guy when he talks....he's the head coach at The University of Miami. He has to talk. It's literally a huge part of his job. The Cincinnati Bengals went 2-14 this past season....google "Zac Taylor", he's their Head Coach...there are pages and pages of interviews from him. They absolutely sucked last year...worst team in football. So should he lock himself in his office and not grant any media requests until they win the Super Bowl?

Some of you (aka the vast majority of you) are clueless or blind or your hatred clouds your judgement when it comes to media accessibility and coach speak. And the best part about it is Manny literally says that every time he speaks. "None of this matters, but....". You think he doesn't know he needs to win and that's the only thing that's important? Who cares what he says? He won't have a chance to win a game for 8 months, if you guys get your panties in a wad every time this guy talks you're going to have a really miserable spring and summer.

I understand interviews thats part of the job.....**** he does on twitter is 100% his own doing

Advertisement
Back