Manny interview with Tim Reynolds

It's the guy's literal dream job. Literally. If he fails at it, and he certainly might, it's not going to be for lack of trying. Some people are just incapable. It's called the Peter Principle. That very well may be Manny, but you can't say yes or no right now. You just can't after 1 year.

But the guy is smart....I knew there was a 0.0% chance he'd watch his dream job go down the drain in 2 years because he hitched his wagon to Dan Enos and Butch Barry. Now, it's his fault he hired those guys in the first place. But a mistake was made, and he's hoping to fix it in 1 year. We'll see if what he's done since Shreveport makes any difference in the fall. But we won't know...UNTIL THE FALL. Until then, it's all words, which many of you would be happier if you just ignored all of them and took a nap until September.
I'll be honest with you, I would have been a lot happier last season if I'd been as sure as you that he would make changes. That was not at all clear to me.

Advertisement
It's the guy's literal dream job. Literally. If he fails at it, and he certainly might, it's not going to be for lack of trying. Some people are just incapable. It's called the Peter Principle. That very well may be Manny, but you can't say yes or no right now. You just can't after 1 year.

But the guy is smart....I knew there was a 0.0% chance he'd watch his dream job go down the drain in 2 years because he hitched his wagon to Dan Enos and Butch Barry. Now, it's his fault he hired those guys in the first place. But a mistake was made, and he's hoping to fix it in 1 year. We'll see if what he's done since Shreveport makes any difference in the fall. But we won't know...UNTIL THE FALL. Until then, it's all words, which many of you would be happier if you just ignored all of them and took a nap until September.

I completely agree with you. He is batting 1.000 this offseason. He secured the second best QB in the country and hired sterling OC and OL coaches. He performed..... I can say with the utmost certainty that he needs to win 9 games next year to keep his job.

He needs to be "razor focused" on the defense, though. They need a top-10 defense next year. He needs to reach out to as many NFL DCs as possible and ensure an elite defense. We will score points, but he needs to shore up his "side of the ball".

I'll be honest with you, I would have been a lot happier last season if I'd been as sure as you that he would make changes. That was not at all clear to me.

Gotcha….I get being shell-shocked by previous regimes. No shame in that at all. But when I really sat back and thought about it, Manny knows his safety net was burned last year. It's gone. He has to show significant progress and win now. Maybe it's desperation, maybe it's panic, but I think ultimately when you look at the numbers the offense put up last year, someone had to lose their job. It's just the way it is. Manny is too smart to have what happened last year happen and do literally nothing to try to fix it.

Gotcha….I get being shell-shocked by previous regimes. No shame in that at all. But when I really sat back and thought about it, Manny knows his safety net was burned last year. It's gone. He has to show significant progress and win now. Maybe it's desperation, maybe it's panic, but I think ultimately when you look at the numbers the offense put up last year, someone had to lose their job. It's just the way it is. Manny is too smart to have what happened last year happen and do literally nothing to try to fix it.
Logically I agree. Thing is, the same was true with Richt and golden, but both of them fiddled away while the city burned. Before them I would have agreed with you that anyone would realize changes needed to be made, but those two showed me that's not true. There are most definitely people in the world who will stick to their idea no matter how much evidence there is that it sucks. Whatever else his faults may be, I'm glad to see Manny isn't one of those.

Advertisement
Definitely a lot more quiet this year compared to the same time last year. Sure, there's been some splash - Enos, Barry, and Stubbs gone; Lashlee, Justice, ER20 and seems like Likens hired; King, Roche, and Borregalas transferred in.

But overall, I agree that Manny seems more humble and focused on the tasks at hand. A season like last year should be humbling. Hopefully, that leads to better results on the field.
I'll give Manny this, if he stinks up the place this season it won't be because he stood still.

Logically I agree. Thing is, the same was true with Richt and golden, but both of them fiddled away while the city burned. Before them I would have agreed with you that anyone would realize changes needed to be made, but those two showed me that's not true. There are most definitely people in the world who will stick to their idea no matter how much evidence there is that it sucks. Whatever else his faults may be, I'm glad to see Manny isn't one of those.

Richt brought guys he had close personal relationships with to Miami...including his own son. I truly believe he retired because he knew he had to fire Jon and he couldn't bring himself to do it. But those were "Richt's guys". He coached Dugans at FSU. He coached and coached with Thomas Brown, the dude was like a son to Mark. And Jon is literally his spawn. Those were his guys, and he went down with them and the ship.

Golden was basically the same way...we all knew No D was the problem, but the guy was the best man in his wedding. He was going to go down with D'Onofrio, no matter what. And he did.

Manny has no real ties to any of the guys on the offense. And this job truthfully means more to Manny than it did for Richt or Golden. He's too smart to know that if this blows up he's going to spend the next 40 years thinking about what he could've done different, and knowing that just standing pat was never an option for him.

Advertisement
I knew someone would post this and I knew the replies would drive me berserk.

Again......WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT. HIM. TO. SAY???

We ALL know it's put up or shut up. Words don't matter. Saturdays in the fall do. But do you think Manny called Reynolds? The AP is a press organization, Reynolds covers Miami....he calls Miami and Manny and writes stories. You want Manny to just sit in a chair across from Reynolds and invoke his 5th amendment privilege? The cold shoulder?

People get so mad with this guy when he talks....he's the head coach at The University of Miami. He has to talk. It's literally a huge part of his job. The Cincinnati Bengals went 2-14 this past season....google "Zac Taylor", he's their Head Coach...there are pages and pages of interviews from him. They absolutely sucked last year...worst team in football. So should he lock himself in his office and not grant any media requests until they win the Super Bowl?

Some of you (aka the vast majority of you) are clueless or blind or your hatred clouds your judgement when it comes to media accessibility and coach speak. And the best part about it is Manny literally says that every time he speaks. "None of this matters, but....". You think he doesn't know he needs to win and that's the only thing that's important? Who cares what he says? He won't have a chance to win a game for 8 months, if you guys get your panties in a wad every time this guy talks you're going to have a really miserable spring and summer.
OBM...........tell us what you think......this is an observation. He has to say something...got it...
Every Coach does Coach speak, some much better than others.

You not napping bro....it's the off season....

Advertisement
I knew someone would post this and I knew the replies would drive me berserk.

Again......WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT. HIM. TO. SAY???

We ALL know it's put up or shut up. Words don't matter. Saturdays in the fall do. But do you think Manny called Reynolds? The AP is a press organization, Reynolds covers Miami....he calls Miami and Manny and writes stories. You want Manny to just sit in a chair across from Reynolds and invoke his 5th amendment privilege? The cold shoulder?

People get so mad with this guy when he talks....he's the head coach at The University of Miami. He has to talk. It's literally a huge part of his job. The Cincinnati Bengals went 2-14 this past season....google "Zac Taylor", he's their Head Coach...there are pages and pages of interviews from him. They absolutely sucked last year...worst team in football. So should he lock himself in his office and not grant any media requests until they win the Super Bowl?

Some of you (aka the vast majority of you) are clueless or blind or your hatred clouds your judgement when it comes to media accessibility and coach speak. And the best part about it is Manny literally says that every time he speaks. "None of this matters, but....". You think he doesn't know he needs to win and that's the only thing that's important? Who cares what he says? He won't have a chance to win a game for 8 months, if you guys get your panties in a wad every time this guy talks you're going to have a really miserable spring and summer.
Most here have an allergic reaction to common sense.......... ;);)

I've said time and time again in other blogs that the last place anyone wants to fail is home... Last season hurt Manny deep.... He's done what the past two HC's refused to do in trying to right the ship... I'm happy with the way things are going now... Excited for the coming season..

Advertisement
I fully believe in Manny just because he has shown the ability to change. I feel like that is missing in a lot of coaches, but Manny is smart enough to be able to adapt. I think he’ll be good for us in the long run

he isnt stubborn in that aspect. well see if the changes translate into wins.

20200204_084251.jpg

The "no amount of screaming" part means "stfu and stop b*tching. I got this"

View attachment 110828

The "no amount of screaming" part means "stfu and stop b*tching. I got this"

So if someone says to you, "Could you check again, because I've heard other people says it's 'red'"

It seems like you might conceivably proclaim it MEANS "You're a worthless asz who just called me the worst lier in the history of the world!".

He said what he said, not what you decided to make up that he said.

Will he work out? Will we start putting it all together this year? I hope so...but have my doubts.

That is no good reason for me to make up a quote that is not a quote. Perhaps you feel differently.

Advertisement
Back