Manny Haters: Why is King coming to Miami?

"A ***"?

The administration was upset because Saban didn't take the situation seriously, and he made some unfortunate comments trying to minimize what happened.
Still think you set the criteria for real fans huh

Unless you've read my entire history you don't have a F'ing clue if I've continually **** on MY team. Just saying that means you don't know what you're talking about.

As for all of our previous coaches....Tell me something I don't know. But you can't compare Manny with our other coaches.They all have their strengths and weaknesses. For me, I had more confidence in those coaches ability to turn it around. I'd love to be wrong. I want him to make me happily eat my words

As it stands now....Diaz doesn't compare with our worse coaches. Especially after all the hype that you are again excited about.....Last year's sandwich smelled really nice before we tasted it

He may improve...he may not. I hope he does ..I'm sure we all do...but as of now I am extremely disappointed with the product he's delivered

It's stupid to say it's something is wonderful when it's obviously ****. That's not being a fan...that's being someone who's willing to accept anything....and to top it off, you're expected everyone else to enjoy the **** sandwich you happily munch on. But that's your right to be a fan however you wish

I won't apologize for calling a ****** product ******.

I'm not going to get excited about Manny and his moves until he proves his worth on the field ...and IF he does ...then I'll cheer like I won the lottery, and have good words for him just as he will deserve.....but until he does I'm going to call **** ****
**** son, spot on. I congratulate you. I'm very serious. Good job mainline

Advertisement
Many of you have ZERO reading comprehension--- you need some community college classes on how to understand the written language:

I bring up Saban NOT TO COMPARE Diaz to Saban....but to also point out that the current LEGENDARY SABAN also started with losing records when he was a young, new HC....

He didn’t and you’re a potato.

Dumb. Obviously he had a much MUCH better resume going into his Alabama gig, but he did in fact have a bad first year and the fans were not thrilled. The point, which you cannot grasp, is that even the best coaches in the country often have bad first years at a stop. Does this mean Manny is ever going to be considered a good coach? Of course not. Does this mean it is way too soon to know one way or the other? Yes.

Another porst from a potato.

Did you even read my post?

There are no material similarities between Manny and Saban.

Advertisement
7-6.

Is it too much to ask of people to actually use Google before they cite bogus stats?

This is one of those examples where the point was made without having the exact numbers.

For example, “TheOriginalCane hasn’t written anything worth reading in 5,000 posts”. The number 5,000 isn’t technically correct, but the valid point is understood by everyone.

This is one of those examples where the point was made without having the exact numbers.

For example, “TheOriginalCane hasn’t written anything worth reading in 5,000 posts”. The number 5,000 isn’t technically correct, but the valid point is understood by everyone.

WAAAAAH. Now you're going to cry because you posted something wrong and somebody corrected you.

WAAAAAAH.

Grow a pair, Nancy.

Here’s the difference between myself, other reasonable posters, and the rest of you whiny cūnts.

As far as I’m concerned, Manny’s a corch, I’ll never forgive him for the last three games, and I’ll be glad when he’s gone.

But I’m not going to spend what little time I have on this site constantly bringing that up....and it doesn’t prevent me from enjoying whatever positive things happen with the program.

I will still root for them to win every game, and if by some impossible reversal of fortune this dipshlt manages to turn it around, I’ll cheer that on too. But you won’t find me constantly bringing up all the negatives about the coach, or the team for the next six months. I’ll just be hoping that we win.

Some people just want to wallow in misery, it’s obvious who those people are.

I mean people are now bringing up “why did we hire Lashlee” or that ”King is a quitter”, just to shlt on what ever little positive news this program gets.

You are miserable disgusting pieces of lumpy flesh taking up space and breathing my air.

You know when you and I agree on something, there's something to it.

Man, we got some real miserable people on this website.

Advertisement
Manny regularly crapped in the bed last year. That huge pile doesn't just disappear nor is it forgotten

If you're asking me am I'm still a Cane....ALWAYS. Was one b4 Manny and will be one long after he's gone.

Some of you want to drink the Koolaid now? I prefer to wait.

IMO you'd have to be an idiot if you think that he should suddenly be given Carte Blanche to sleep in the guest bedroom overnight because of a couple of great offseason moves....especially after the monkey sh*t he did last year

Sorry but until the end of next season, I will still have plastic covers on the floors and mattresses....and Manny still has to wear his big boy Huggies ... before I give him any opportunity to stay as a guest.

Confidence is earned, not given , especially with Manny,,... So until I see it on the field ALL SEASON LONG, I'm not buying.

Show me where anyone forgot about last season.

Most here are fans, fans for life.

Koolaid? Man, we just got some proven tools to work with the last few weeks. Nothing wrong with saying that. Nothing wrong with saying that the team has been upgraded at QB, DE, and kicker. Those are just facts.

Who is handing out free passes for last year? I don't see that at all. I see some people excited to see some proven guys coming here to get in the mix.

Some diapers, a few could certainly use them here.

Everyone here knows Manny and company have a lot to prove. He made changes to his staff, added players at positions of need (still want some OL and would love a stud DT) and that's what people are on.

Now here is the critical piece. You have to look at the additions and ask if we got better talent wise and did we improve our staff? A resounding yes, on all accounts.

Perfect off-season so far? No, but for what we're coming off of, I would say we're looking better than most if not all are who came off a similar season record. Still a lot of work to do before he'll get people back, but harping on the past while overlooking the present, that's just silly.

He got some tools to work with. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect solid improvement.

**** son, spot on. I congratulate you. I'm very serious. Good job mainline

Fans aren't ALWAYS happy.

Clemson, Bama
Show me where anyone forgot about last season.

Most here are fans, fans for life.

Koolaid? Man, we just got some proven tools to work with the last few weeks. Nothing wrong with saying that. Nothing wrong with saying that the team has been upgraded at QB, DE, and kicker. Those are just facts.

Who is handing out free passes for last year? I don't see that at all. I see some people excited to see some proven guys coming here to get in the mix.

Some diapers, a few could certainly use them here.

Everyone here knows Manny and company have a lot to prove. He made changes to his staff, added players at positions of need (still want some OL and would love a stud DT) and that's what people are on.

Now here is the critical piece. You have to look at the additions and ask if we got better talent wise and did we improve our staff? A resounding yes, on all accounts.

Perfect off-season so far? No, but for what we're coming off of, I would say we're looking better than most if not all are who came off a similar season record. Still a lot of work to do before he'll get people back, but harping on the past while overlooking the present, that's just silly.

He got some tools to work with. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect solid improvement.

You have your viewpoint and I assume it's good for you.....I never said people can't get excited if that's how they feel..

I have my own viewpoint and it works great for me...I feel what I feel , I've done very well throughout my life making good judgements so I'll ALWAYS trust mine ...I'm sure you feel the same...so trying to force someone else to feel the same way you do ain't happening because People feel what they feel.

As I said before I get happy with results

Maybe on some things we do agree....but if we don't, it doesn't affect me and I don't lose sleep or become insistent whenever it does

Last edited:
WAAAAAH. Now you're going to cry because you posted something wrong and somebody corrected you.

WAAAAAAH.

Grow a pair, Nancy.

No one is crying, and you're coming across as one of those immature 51 year olds who get their self-esteem from their role on a message board. The point was that Saban had a mediocre first season. The actual record doesn't change the point.

Last edited:
No one is crying, and you're coming across as one of those immature 51 year olds who get their self-esteem from their role on a message board. The point was that Saban had a mediocre first season. The actual record doesn't change the point.

What a ridiculous post.

Nick Saban had a great first season, he went 9-2 at Toledo.

When he went to Michigan State, MSU hadn't had a winning record for the preceding 4 years, and fired the coach. Saban posted a winning record in his first season at MSU.

When he went to LSU, they had losing records for the preceding 2 years, and fired the coach. Saban posted a winning record in his first season at LSU.

When he went to Alabama, they had a losing record in the prior year, and fired the coach. Saban posted a winning record in his first season at Alabama.

Those situations are NOT the same as Larry Coker inheriting a 1-loss team, and then winning the National Championship. It's not even the same as inheriting a 7-6 bowl team that was just 1 year removed from the ACC Championship Game, as Manny did.

It's just stunning to watch people try to defend Manny by calling ANY of Saban's first year performances as "mediocre". In ALL FOUR of his first-year college head coaching jobs, he improved on the prior year's record. ALL FOUR of his college head-coaching jobs required a turnaround, and nobody had expectations for a 10-win season right out of the gate.

You had the idiocy to type "The actual record doesn't change the point." That's why your posts are garbage. The actual record does matter. Context matters. Anyone who wants to call any first-year coaching performance of Saban's "mediocre" is a buffoon.

Advertisement
What a ridiculous post.

Nick Saban had a great first season, he went 9-2 at Toledo.

When he went to Michigan State, MSU hadn't had a winning record for the preceding 4 years, and fired the coach. Saban posted a winning record in his first season at MSU.

When he went to LSU, they had losing records for the preceding 2 years, and fired the coach. Saban posted a winning record in his first season at LSU.

When he went to Alabama, they had a losing record in the prior year, and fired the coach. Saban posted a winning record in his first season at Alabama.

Those situations are NOT the same as Larry Coker inheriting a 1-loss team, and then winning the National Championship. It's not even the same as inheriting a 7-6 bowl team that was just 1 year removed from the ACC Championship Game, as Manny did.

It's just stunning to watch people try to defend Manny by calling ANY of Saban's first year performances as "mediocre". In ALL FOUR of his first-year college head coaching jobs, he improved on the prior year's record. ALL FOUR of his college head-coaching jobs required a turnaround, and nobody had expectations for a 10-win season right out of the gate.

You had the idiocy to type "The actual record doesn't change the point." That's why your posts are garbage. The actual record does matter. Context matters. Anyone who wants to call any first-year coaching performance of Saban's "mediocre" is a buffoon.

The actual record DOESN'T change the point, and I absolutely love myself right now for forcing you to type all of that. It shows that I occupy space in your head.

By the way, Saban took over an Alabama team that went 10-2 and was ranked #4 two years earlier. Kind of like, you know, taking over a team that was two years removed from going 10-3.

2006 Alabama - 6-6 regular season, lost by 3 in the Independence Bowl with an interim coach.
2007 Alabama - 6-6 regular season, won by 6 in the Independence Bowl with Nick Saban.

Yeah, epic first year results. Turnaround of the century.

Advertisement
2005 Alabama - 10-2, only losses to #5 and #11
2007 Alabama - 7-6 under Nick Saban

2017 Miami -10-3, lost last three games, one to an unranked team
2019 Miami - 6-7 under Manny Diaz

But "MANNY TOOK OVER A MUCH BETTER PROGRAM".

I forgot if:

1. Saban was a proven HC before he arrived at Bama.

2. Saban won a NC before he arrived at Bama.

3. Saban was responsible for coaching the D before he arrived at Bama.

4. Saban recruited and knew the players before he arrived at Bama.

5. Saban was one of the best HCs in college and not part of the prior failing regime.

Saban, before he got to Bama, earned the benefit of the doubt. This benefit of the doubt is the result of actual proven success. Saban earned the right to have a “sub-par” performance. Anyone who compares them to Manny simply because of “sub-par” initial results doesn’t understand how there is no correlation with Manny and Saban.
I'd like to report a murder.

obsessing over the first year records of coaches is pretty pointless. Yeah we all want the guy to go 12-0 their first year, but they usually don't. And the most successful coaches around today usually struggled their first year.

Ed Orgeron was 3-8 his first year at Ole Miss. His first full year at LSU they were 9-4 and I don't think the fans were thrilled with that but everyone is unreasonable. He went undefeated two years later.

Pete Carroll's first year at USC he went 6-6. (then 94-13 the next 7 years).

We all know about Dabo. We all know about Beamer.

Advertisement
Back