Manny Haters: Why is King coming to Miami?

Point is, Saban was 7-6 at Alabama.

I forgot if:

1. Saban was a proven HC before he arrived at Bama.

2. Saban won a NC before he arrived at Bama.

3. Saban was responsible for coaching the D before he arrived at Bama.

4. Saban recruited and knew the players before he arrived at Bama.

5. Saban was one of the best HCs in college and not part of the prior failing regime.

Saban, before he got to Bama, earned the benefit of the doubt. This benefit of the doubt is the result of actual proven success. Saban earned the right to have a “sub-par” performance. Anyone who compares them to Manny simply because of “sub-par” initial results doesn’t understand how there is no correlation with Manny and Saban.

Advertisement
Nick Saban went 6-7 in his first HC year at Michigan State.... 5 years later he was a big time winner and went on to Bama and has been dominating for 10 years.

Now tell me how judging the performance of a 1st year HC in a rebuilding program is valid again?

You’re comparing a toothless wanna be vigilante (Manny) to a real life superhero...like Thor or Spider-Man or some **** (Saban)

Nick Saban’s daddy was a legendary football coach and he was around the game his entire life. He also coached with Belichick on his staff in Cleveland before he became a HC. He was Belichicks DC for 4 years.

Meanwhile, Manny’s daddy was a mayor, neither knew barely a **** thing about sports, and while Saban was earning his chops in the NFL and kicking it with Belichick, Manny was a video editor at ESPN.

Manny has no business leading a program, let alone Miami

You’re comparing a toothless wanna be vigilante (Manny) to a real life superhero...like Thor or Spider-Man or some **** (Saban)

Nick Saban’s daddy was a legendary football coach and he was around the game his entire life. He also coached with Belichick on his staff in Cleveland before he became a HC. He was Belichicks DC for 4 years.

Meanwhile, Manny’s daddy was a mayor, neither knew barely a **** thing about sports, and while Saban was earning his chops in the NFL and kicking it with Belichick, Manny was a video editor at ESPN.

But Saban went 7-6 at Bama!

Advertisement
To be fair. Manny didn't have that problem when he was in charge of defense. Most of the issues resonated from the offensive side of the ball. Now that he is the HC, yes his job is do the same with all three phases of the team.
The problem is that he was fully aware of it and didn't handle it properly from day 1.

If you can’t be excited about these moves and realize this is vastly better live than Tate— you ain’t no real fan.

Scram.... I hear FSU needs more fans

That's real presumptuous of you...Do I have to turn in my diploma too?

Who the F appointed you fan elector.........Listen carefully,You DO NOT get to decide who is a real Miami fan....

Manny made a lot of good moves last year too.....while you're excited by moves...I rather focus on the end result

Winning BIG....That what excites me

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's real presumptuous of you...Do I have to turn in my diploma too?

Who the F appointed you fan elector.........Listen carefully,You DO NOT get to decide who is a real Miami fan....

Manny made a lot of good moves last year too.....while you're excited by moves...I rather focus on the end result

Winning BIG....That what excites me

Real fans don't continually **** on their teams....

Even our UM legends ---Schnelly and JJ -- both started with losing records at Miami....

And i bring up Saban NOT TO COMPARE Diaz to Saban....but to also point out that the current LEGENDARY SABAN also started with losing records when he was a young, new HC....

I forgot if:

5. Saban was one of the best HCs in college and not part of the prior failing regime.

Saban, before he got to Bama, earned the benefit of the doubt. This benefit of the doubt is the result of actual proven success. Saban earned the right to have a “sub-par” performance. Anyone who compares them to Manny simply because of “sub-par” initial results doesn’t understand how there is no correlation with Manny and Saban.

Many of you have ZERO reading comprehension--- you need some community college classes on how to understand the written language:

I bring up Saban NOT TO COMPARE Diaz to Saban....but to also point out that the current LEGENDARY SABAN also started with losing records when he was a young, new HC....

I forgot if:

Dumb. Obviously he had a much MUCH better resume going into his Alabama gig, but he did in fact have a bad first year and the fans were not thrilled. The point, which you cannot grasp, is that even the best coaches in the country often have bad first years at a stop. Does this mean Manny is ever going to be considered a good coach? Of course not. Does this mean it is way too soon to know one way or the other? Yes.

Nick Saban went 6-7 in his first HC year at Michigan State.... 5 years later he was a big time winner and went on to Bama and has been dominating for 10 years.

Now tell me how judging the performance of a 1st year HC in a rebuilding program is valid again?

Nick Saban went 6-5-1 in his first year at Michigan State, which is a winning record. He also inherited a team that went 5-6 the year before, and had all 5 wins vacated.

Miami went 7-6 in 2018.

So, yeah, Saban improved his team's record by 1 game in his first year, while Manny was 1 game worse than the prior year in his first year.

But other than that, IDENTICAL. Genius.

Advertisement
Many of you have ZERO reading comprehension--- you need some community college classes on how to understand the written language:

I bring up Saban NOT TO COMPARE Diaz to Saban....but to also point out that the current LEGENDARY SABAN also started with losing records when he was a young, new HC....

No. No he didn't.

9-2 at Toledo in Year 1.
6-5-1 at Michigan State in Year 1.
8-4 at LSU in Year 1.
7-6 at Alabama in Year 1.

Literally, the "current LEGENDARY SABAN" has never, not even once, had a "losing record" while a college head coach.

Even our UM legends ---Schnelly and JJ -- both started with losing records at Miami....

And i bring up Saban NOT TO COMPARE Diaz to Saban....but to also point out that the current LEGENDARY SABAN also started with losing records when he was a young, new HC....
I know you a very passionate fan and a follower of our great team but don't be so CLOSE minded on others that expresses different.from a birds eye view. We are on the same team. I'M a lover not a fighter, just like Rodney Dangerfield and Nystateofmind. Be happy.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Jimmy Johnson went 8-5 in his first year at Miami. Never had a losing record at Miami.

Where are you getting your false statistics?

Actually Saban’s uncle was the coach, not his father.

Lou Saban spent 2 years at a bunch of places, including Miami. Left because the admin was upset over a *** being thrown into a pond by football players.

He helped stock the roster for Schnellenberger. Including recruiting Jim Kelly.

Actually Saban’s uncle was the coach, not his father.

Lou Saban spent 2 years at a bunch of places, including Miami. Left because the admin was upset over a *** being thrown into a pond by football players.

"A ***"?

The administration was upset because Saban didn't take the situation seriously, and he made some unfortunate comments trying to minimize what happened.

Still think you set the criteria for real fans huh

Unless you've read my entire history you don't have a F'ing clue if I've continually **** on MY team. Just saying that means you don't know what you're talking about.

As for all of our previous coaches....Tell me something I don't know. But you can't compare Manny with our other coaches.They all have their strengths and weaknesses. For me, I had more confidence in those coaches ability to turn it around. I'd love to be wrong. I want him to make me happily eat my words

As it stands now....Diaz doesn't compare with our worse coaches. Especially after all the hype that you are again excited about.....Last year's sandwich smelled really nice before we tasted it

He may improve...he may not. I hope he does ..I'm sure we all do...but as of now I am extremely disappointed with the product he's delivered

It's stupid to say it's something is wonderful when it's obviously ****. That's not being a fan...that's being someone who's willing to accept anything....and to top it off, you're expected everyone else to enjoy the **** sandwich you happily munch on. But that's your right to be a fan however you wish

I won't apologize for calling a ****** product ******.

I'm not going to get excited about Manny and his moves until he proves his worth on the field ...and IF he does ...then I'll cheer like I won the lottery, and have good words for him just as he will deserve.....but until he does I'm going to call **** ****

Advertisement
Back