Manny Diaz

I'm not saying that our defense has been horrible but we definitely are experiencing a lot of lapses lately that's all I'm saying. We did some good things but also some bad today

Advertisement
I honestly don't think it's a coincidence that the pash rush went flop after Deme Jax got hurt. We were T'ing off on QBs up until the UNC game. We were nationally ranked in sacks at one point

Disagree the last 2 losses were mainly because of the defense

Maybe the VT game, but the D isn't responsible for the ND loss. And the fact that we have had no running game the last 4 games has amplified the pressure on the defense. The fact is we are 8-1 right now with just solid o-line play. The defense has been very good all year.

Yeah they are did you forget being down 20-0? Or when our offense scored 27 straight and we had the lead they let notre dame walk right down and score or when they did it on their last scoring possession?

No. Didn't forget. They had a bad first half against ND. Really first quarter. And then they locked it down long enough for our bad offense to climb back into the game. And it was really the special teams that fueled most of that come back. Yes the D failed at the end, but had the offense been just average for the whole game ND never would have been in a position to win the game. We ran for all of 18 yards against a defense that averages giving up 150 yards rushing a game. That loss was on the offense. Only in the VT game have I been disappointed in the defense.

The offense was below avg for a quarter and a half and they were very solid from the rest of the way

Brock wtf are you smoking bro? Solid? Offense has been meh or worse all year, minus the last six quarters

Advertisement
El Jefe Diaz is going to have this Defense rolling once we get some legitimate Safety's.

Take away the blown coverage by Red & Carter & they only allowed 14 points... Pitt's first TD was on a Kick Return.

They did a good job slowing down Pitts high powered Offense.

But this win today is mostly on our Offense... They played absolutely outstanding & Kaaya was lights out!

Nah...Not taking away ****...Defense gave up 28 points by being the defense...nothing to be proud about...but when you consider Pitt's offense this year....Only scored less than 30 points in 1 game...

vs Penn State 42 (Penn Held OSU to 21 points)
vs Oklahoma State 45
vs UNC 36
vs Marshall 43
vs GT 37
vs UVA 45
vs VT 36

They average 38.5 points against ACC teams this year...Plus that 42 point game against a decent Penn State team...We still held them 10 points under their average. The D play was not elite, but it was acceptable considering this.
Defense gave up 21 points... Pitts first TD was a Kick Return.

They also forced a fumble that put the Offense in the Red Zone to score a TD... & they got a pick in the End Zone.

Pitt was averaging 264 rushing yards per game this year, and we slowed down their run attack drastically.

Like I said, take away that Blown coverage by Redwine & Carter & the Defense only would've gave up 14 points.

Can't play the "take away" game. It cheapens your otherwise good points. You don't know if we would have held them scoreless on that drive where they went 75 on one play.

We handled Conner pretty dame well didn't we? Loved seeing McCloud plant him.

Maybe the VT game, but the D isn't responsible for the ND loss. And the fact that we have had no running game the last 4 games has amplified the pressure on the defense. The fact is we are 8-1 right now with just solid o-line play. The defense has been very good all year.

Yeah they are did you forget being down 20-0? Or when our offense scored 27 straight and we had the lead they let notre dame walk right down and score or when they did it on their last scoring possession?

No. Didn't forget. They had a bad first half against ND. Really first quarter. And then they locked it down long enough for our bad offense to climb back into the game. And it was really the special teams that fueled most of that come back. Yes the D failed at the end, but had the offense been just average for the whole game ND never would have been in a position to win the game. We ran for all of 18 yards against a defense that averages giving up 150 yards rushing a game. That loss was on the offense. Only in the VT game have I been disappointed in the defense.

The offense was below avg for a quarter and a half and they were very solid from the rest of the way

Brock wtf are you smoking bro? Solid? Offense has been meh or worse all year, minus the last six quarters

When I said solid I was specifically talking about the notre dame game. I think around halfway through the second quarter they were pretty good for the rest of the game

When I said solid I was specifically talking about the notre dame game. I think around halfway through the second quarter they were pretty good for the rest of the game

My apologies sir.

Advertisement
El Jefe Diaz is going to have this Defense rolling once we get some legitimate Safety's.

Take away the blown coverage by Red & Carter & they only allowed 14 points... Pitt's first TD was on a Kick Return.

But this win today is mostly on our Offense... They played absolutely outstanding & Kaaya was lights out!

Nah...Not taking away ****...Defense gave up 28 points by being the defense...nothing to be proud about...but when you consider Pitt's offense this year....Only scored less than 30 points in 1 game...

vs Oklahoma State 45
vs UNC 36
vs Marshall 43
vs GT 37
vs UVA 45
vs VT 36

They average 38.5 points against ACC teams this year...Plus that 42 point game against a decent Penn State team...We still held them 10 points under their average. The D play was not elite, but it was acceptable considering this.

They also forced a fumble that put the Offense in the Red Zone to score a TD... & they got a pick in the End Zone.

Pitt was averaging 264 rushing yards per game this year, and we slowed down their run attack drastically.

Like I said, take away that Blown coverage by Redwine & Carter & the Defense only would've gave up 14 points.

Can't play the "take away" game. It cheapens your otherwise good points. You don't know if we would have held them scoreless on that drive where they went 75 on one play.

I don't disagree with that at all Chise, I'm just saying without that Blown Coverage we did pretty **** good job slowing down a pretty high powered Offense.

McCloud actually stepped up big time, was making good sticks all game... Was Pinckney hurt? I don't think I saw him out there at all.

vs Oklahoma State 45
vs UNC 36
vs Marshall 43
vs GT 37
vs UVA 45
vs VT 36

I don't disagree with that at all Chise, I'm just saying without that Blown Coverage we did pretty **** good job slowing down a pretty high powered Offense.

McCloud actually stepped up big time, was making good sticks all game... Was Pinckney hurt? I don't think I saw him out there at all.

Pinckney didn't look good at all today. Probably his worse game of the season but he will be fine. Mccloud on the other hand was very active and is starting to make some plays

I'm very weary of the wait until he gets his players stuff. I like to see what you do with what you have before I worry about 2 years from now. That was Golden's calling card. Turns out he was just terrible

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we've held every team we've faced under their season avgs.

We need to load up at every position, including DL.

The TFLs and sacks are nice, but I'd like to see more takeaways. Seems like we drop an INT or two every game.

I'm nitpicking, but as great as they've been, there's tons to improve upon. I'm sure Manny knows this.

Advertisement
Did that dipshyt Courtel get back on the field after what was basically a turnover when his fat belly flop extended that drive? That's the 2nd or 3rd time he's had an ultra stupid selfish penalty like that.

Was it him that belly flopped on the pile earlier in the year too? They need to run his *** in practice until he weighs 150 lbs.

He's done that Triple Lindy at least one other time this year. He's brain dead.

I remember Norton did it one time too

We were ok defensively, but Pitt helped us a lot with drops and big turnovers. We're giving up too many 3rd and longs.

Not getting as much pressure as I thought we would have this year.

I'm surprised by the lack of pass rush.

I think depth and rotation is there but just need one more off season to reach the expectations the staff had for them in camp. The positivity for this unit was projection to '17 imo

I'm very weary of the wait until he gets his players stuff. I like to see what you do with what you have before I worry about 2 years from now. That was Golden's calling card. Turns out he was just terrible

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Unlike Al , Mark actually improved a big boy program and won conference titles. He deserves more leeway than the whackos around here are giving him.

Advertisement
The defense is the last problem on this team. They played tough today, especially the fr 3 LBs. McCloud had his best game. And Corn ******* Elder better start getting some recognition.

Disagree the last 2 losses were mainly because of the defense

The defense may have had issues at the end of the ND game. But the offense was the reason we lost given the amount of 3 and outs they generated. That and the fact that our defense was littered with injuries last week.

He needs a secondary.... Front 7 cool.... Just that secondary... Needs 3 more corns put there.... JJ will aight tho

I always thought you were unfairly crushed on this board however I totally get it now.

Advertisement
Back