Manny Diaz

El Jefe Diaz is going to have this Defense rolling once we get some legitimate Safety's.

Take away the blown coverage by Red & Carter & they only allowed 14 points... Pitt's first TD was on a Kick Return.

They did a good job slowing down Pitts high powered Offense.

But this win today is mostly on our Offense... They played absolutely outstanding & Kaaya was lights out!
amen.. Amen.. AMEN

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That's blown coverage in the first half with the big play down the sideline wasn't on redwine.( I think he's clueless out there 8 out of 10) if you watch the replay on that you'll see the running back came out in the flat (or maybe it was TE) but point was a player came open in the flat. It's key to remember they're playing a soft zone basically. He released to Jenkins on that play as he should have & Jenkins was out of position as usual. We already know the result of the play though.

Advertisement
Did that dipshyt Courtel get back on the field after what was basically a turnover when his fat belly flop extended that drive? That's the 2nd or 3rd time he's had an ultra stupid selfish penalty like that.

Was it him that belly flopped on the pile earlier in the year too? They need to run his *** in practice until he weighs 150 lbs.

He's done that Triple Lindy at least one other time this year. He's brain dead.

I remember Norton did it one time too

Was that actually Courtel that pulled that **** today or was it Willis? I thought I heard they called it on the wrong guy. Stupid nonetheless.

I recall the ref calling it on number 92 but it was 91 diving into the pile.

We just need better recruiting to build depth. Gonna take time. Would happen faster if more SoFl top talent buys in. We're getting more but we always seem to lose too many at positions of need. This year it seems it'll be OL and CB. Hopefully fill those needs in 2017 class and clean up with 2018. If we aren't back by 2019 then who knows. I'm a Cane For Life anyway.

Advertisement
Our safety's r the worst....you got to know the play that is being called....at the end of the day you have to be a football player and make plays in a down and instance.....ie 3Rd and long you know pressure is coming you should not be bailing out on coverage, you should be jumping routes.

Lol at jumping routes on 3rd & long

Was it him that belly flopped on the pile earlier in the year too? They need to run his *** in practice until he weighs 150 lbs.

Was that actually Courtel that pulled that **** today or was it Willis? I thought I heard they called it on the wrong guy. Stupid nonetheless.

No it was 92 fat ***

Not getting as much pressure as I thought we would have this year.

I'm surprised by the lack of pass rush.

We went from 95th in sack percentage to 30th with young players. I like the trajectory. Hopefully, we finish real strong.

How many of those sacks were against the putrid first 3 opponents? I like the pass rush better than the pattycake game of the last 4 years too, but it needs to get better against better teams.

I think Willis had his own boneheaded penalty in the game, but fat baby Jenkins clearly stuck the Triple Lindy that I'm talking about.

Advertisement
Nice to see stan dobard play de on that last drive, almost got a sack. Manny has done a great job with this defense considering the injuries and depth problems.

Kul is the one we need to worry about keeping. Dude is lights out and not stuck out in wasteland any more. Will be in hire demand.

Nice to see stan dobard play de on that last drive, almost got a sack. Manny has done a great job with this defense considering the injuries and depth problems.

Kul is the one we need to worry about keeping. Dude is lights out and not stuck out in wasteland any more. Will be in hire demand.

Kul has shown loyalty wherever he goes. Look at his track record. Dude spent 19 years coaching DL only. I just don't see him leaving after one year.

Advertisement
Defensive stat.
Differential of points given up by Miami to opponents scoring ppg (vs D1 schools only):
App St........-17.3
GT..............-5.3
FSU............-11.5
UNC...........-11.5
VT..............+2.3
ND.............+0.1
Pitt..............-10

Last year those stats were flipped.
Although they drive me nuts at times, I'm excited about this defense.

Last edited:

We went from 95th in sack percentage to 30th with young players. I like the trajectory. Hopefully, we finish real strong.

How many of those sacks were against the putrid first 3 opponents? I like the pass rush better than the pattycake game of the last 4 years too, but it needs to get better against better teams.

Last years team didn't play putrid opponents?

It's obvious improvement. We just aren't physical/strong enough yet to dominate better teams.

It's obvious improvement. We just aren't physical/strong enough yet to dominate better teams.

I mean...you're both right in a sense. We have improved, but against strong opponents we struggle to generate a consistent pass rush, especially when we only rush 4. I think part of that has to do with depth and the fact that our offense goes 3 and out too often and quickly, but there is room for improvement. With that being said, I am happy about our trajectory, which I believe is trending up.

Advertisement

Show me where I cared about last year's sack numbers. Last year and the years before it were an embarrassment.

I'm talking about this year and comparing us to other teams this year. We racked up the lion's share of our numbers against horribly overmatched teams.

The defense is the last problem on this team. They played tough today, especially the fr 3 LBs. McCloud had his best game. And Corn ******* Elder better start getting some recognition.

Disagree the last 2 losses were mainly because of the defense

When the defense is on the field for 40 minutes a game, only an asshat would imply it was their fault.

This is correct.

Defensive stat.
Differential of points given up by Miami to opponents scoring ppg (vs D1 schools):
App St........-17.3
GT..............-5.3
FSU............-11.5
UNC...........-11.5
VT..............+2.3
ND.............+0.1
Pitt..............-10

Last year there those stats were flipped.

That is nice to see. Once the offense gets their stuff rolling, the D numbers should jump even more. ST play will improve next year with better/more talent and playing near 85 kids.

Defensive stat.
Differential of points given up by Miami to opponents scoring ppg (vs D1 schools):
App St........-17.3
GT..............-5.3
FSU............-11.5
UNC...........-11.5
VT..............+2.3
ND.............+0.1
Pitt..............-10

Last year there those stats were flipped.

Dam thats impressive!! Especially considering how the offense has put the d in some bad spots. D has a ways to go, but there on the right track.

Advertisement
Back