Manny Diaz the recruiter is worse than Banda/Rumph

Summary? Let me guess:

We're recruiting guys who want to be Hurricanes.
We don't look at guys rankings v. who will be a good fit for our scheme.
Look at the NFL, they are full of guys who weren't highly recruited.
We recruit based upon needs, not players.

Something like that???

It's been this way since Coker left.

My biggest problem with Diaz (and our recruiting for the last decade) to many small sized players especially at LB (and O-line). We need bigger size LB that can run. We keep going after 6'0 190 Line Backers in recruiting. We need to target more huff types. Huff is about 6'3 with speed and I'm sure he'll grow into a bigger LB.

Advertisement
Linebacker recruiting was going to be rough for three years once Shaq, Pinckney, and Mccloud were all but given the job as freshmen. It was clear that at least 2/3 spots were locked up for 3-4 years

Advertisement
There's only a handful of coaches who would kill it star wise if they were handed the reigns when Manny was. Right now, we're a has been trying to resurrect a dead giant and will need to perform on the field to do so.

I'm not sure what some people expect. There are plenty of great salesman out there coaching, but ultimately you've gotta deal with the hand you're dealt. We need an image boost, simple as that.

Manny Diaz is getting the White Cuban special... Y'all just scared to admit that, and no he's not a great recruiter. Nepotism on Offense will be the death of him on Offense and Defense.

Advertisement
This dude really tryna tell me Manny doesn't have a personality lol

My biggest problem with Diaz (and our recruiting for the last decade) to many small sized players especially at LB (and O-line). We need bigger size LB that can run. We keep going after 6'0 190 Line Backers in recruiting. We need to target more huff types. Huff is about 6'3 with speed and I'm sure he'll grow into a bigger LB.

That sounds like Ray Lewis or Jesse Armistead's measurables.

Finding a 230 lb. linebacker with speed out of high school is like finding a 6' 6" 300 lb. plug and play LT with quick lateral movement out of high school. There are very few of them and most are being chased by heavy bagmen.

Advertisement

đź’Ż

This x100

That sounds like Ray Lewis or Jesse Armistead's measurables.

Finding a 230 lb. linebacker with speed out of high school is like finding a 6' 6" 300 lb. plug and play LT with quick lateral movement out of high school. There are very few of them and most are being chased by heavy bagmen.

They don't have to be 230 out of HS. Matter of fact I would not like like us going after a 230 LB. Most of that 230 would be pure fat (unless he's a manchild). I just want McCloud body types. I know McCloud isn't good but he has the perfect LB build he is about 6'2, 6'3 220ish. If McCloud had any awareness on the field he would have the highest ceiling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back