Manny Diaz the recruiter is worse than Banda/Rumph

Advertisement
Not sure why OP is receiving flack for this thread. It's not like he's lying. I've questioned our defensive recruiting for a minute, in particular LB and DB. DL has been solid. We've been the home of 3 star recruits for a while.

Agreed. As pointed out when Diaz got hired and in multiple threads by @Dwinstitles Diaz isn’t a monster recruiter. Maybe this will change with him leading the whole thing now, but in the last he hasn’t proven he can get elite LB. I have said he recruits more for his scheme versus ratings and that is strictly based on his last 10years of recruiting.

He can't recruit worth ****. I know you all like him because he is cuban and he watched Miami play from the stands like you guys did but he can't recruit going back to his Texas days.

2018 = 0 LB recruits(Joyner does not count)
2017 = 3 3*s LBs

At Texas he only recruited 1 4 star. At Texas during the Mack Brown era where Mack could get anyone he wanted.

I get that he wears a old school cane jacket and drinks cuban coffee for breakfast but he needs to call Urban Meyer and beg him to teach him how to talk to kids. This dudes whiffs more than Rumph and Banda but gets a pass. Urban closed on recruits as a HC but you guys always giving this dude a pass. I get that he has a good defense but Rump and Banda had a pretty good pass D and landed 4 stars,

PS Manny call Urban and get a personality

This thread will probably get deleted unlike the Rumph/Banda thread.
So what's your point?

Didnt get any 5 stars at Utah... dude got like 2 4* in 2 years. Meyer always was a great coach, the bags gave him even better player to win big.

Exactly...nobody said the dude couldn't coach, like Saban and Dabo. Just stating the obvious, they have real mafioso booster networks providing them the best of the best to coach NOW.

Urban was a great coach at Utah, he also wasn't winning championships or coaching up majority 4-5 star talent.....so while it goes to his credit as a coach, it really has nothing to do with the point here. There is a reason they all move on to bigger gigs, with bigger paychecks....and bigger networks.

Manny has been around, he knows what he is up against. Not saying he is a great recruiter, but sadly it is like apples and oranges to compare recruiting "resources" at Alabaga, Clem$on, UGA or Ohio Taint to UM.

Advertisement
You guys say he's trolling but have we not seen just about every single one of our major recruiting targets go elsewhere. Exactly who has he landed that was on the top of the board. Linebacker recruiting has been horrible under Diaz. The trio that we have now were all committed under Golden. How many top level, **** even mid level programs were banging down the door for Steed, Joyner, Wilder, or Jennings?

Agreed. As pointed out when Diaz got hired and in multiple threads by @Dwinstitles Diaz isn’t a monster recruiter. Maybe this will change with him leading the whole thing now, but in the last he hasn’t proven he can get elite LB. I have said he recruits more for his scheme versus ratings and that is strictly based on his last 10years of recruiting.

You could say the same thing about Jimmy Johnson. What's wrong with that. At least he seems to have an idea of the type of person to fit his scheme. Now whether he picks the right ones, we'll have to see.

Advertisement
Recruiting is a means to and end. There is no recruiting championship and no trophies. As long as his team gets better every year and competes for conference title and gets in the playoff that's the only thing I care about. If he can only recruit 3 stars but is able to develop them and gets the best of their ability so the team wins, that's the only thing I care about.
With all the complaints about his defensive recruiting (LB's), our defense under his leadership has been the only bright spot this team has. Our defense has been very good despite getting no help from the offense or special teams. What I care about is results on the field.

Randy Shannon had the number 1 recruiting class in 2008 but couldn't do anything with it. Of course RECRUITING IS VITAL TO WINNING but in the sense of recruiting the right players not the players with the most stars.

I'm in the camp of wait and see how he will perform as a HC and how his team will perform on the field in the next 2-3 years. I will judge his "recruiting" then.

News to those ragging Banda and our recruiting overall:

The extent of your knowledge starts and ends with the number of stars some kid has next to his name.

You don’t know ****.

The end.

3 star Brooks. He got 2 4 stars his entire career, Mr.Personality
You know there are tons of stories about Spurrier being a poor recruiter personality wise, but his teams were still loaded with talent. Sometimes it takes more than personality to get recruits. A winning record and producing some draft picks as a head coach buy you a lot of respect with recruits. So what's up with you criticizing Manny's personality? Have you met him, or did your girl go to his coaching clinic and come back unusually happy so you're salty?

Advertisement
Exactly...nobody said the dude couldn't coach, like Saban and Dabo. Just stating the obvious, they have real mafioso booster networks providing them the best of the best to coach NOW.

Urban was a great coach at Utah, he also wasn't winning championships or coaching up majority 4-5 star talent.....so while it goes to his credit as a coach, it really has nothing to do with the point here. There is a reason they all move on to bigger gigs, with bigger paychecks....and bigger networks.

Manny has been around, he knows what he is up against. Not saying he is a great recruiter, but sadly it is like apples and oranges to compare recruiting "resources" at Alabaga, Clem$on, UGA or Ohio Taint to UM.

Utah was in the MAC IIRC of course he wasn't winning a championship

It’s a new era of college football. It doesn’t matter who you have recruiting if bags and winning are involved. Diaz and his staff will need to be elite developers. If they prove that then we’ll get some higher ranked kids but never all of them.

No, in 2 years as a HC at Utah, he landed 2 4* while Diaz in 6 months as HC as landed 1 5* and 6 4*. But carry on...

I misunderstood what you meant. If Urban was only able to land 2 4*s at Utah than Manny probably wouldn't even be able to fill the class up and would have to rely on a team full of walk ons.

Advertisement
I misunderstood what you meant. If Urban was only able to land 2 4*s at Utah than Manny probably wouldn't even be able to fill the class up and would have to rely on a team full of walk ons.

You have no idea if this is true. These kind of ridiculous statements destroy any credibility you may have.

You guys say he's trolling but have we not seen just about every single one of our major recruiting targets go elsewhere. Exactly who has he landed that was on the top of the board. Linebacker recruiting has been horrible under Diaz. The trio that we have now were all committed under Golden. How many top level, **** even mid level programs were banging down the door for Steed, Joyner, Wilder, or Jennings?

you don't follow recruiting bc Joyner was an FSU flip

Advertisement
Back