Manny Diaz the recruiter is worse than Banda/Rumph

Strictly judging recruiting classes by stars is idiotic. Of course more 5 star kids will succeed on a college level than 3 star kids, but there are plenty of 3 star kids who turn out to be outstanding players. Butch Davis signed a bunch of lightly recruited kids and transformed the program. Wait until you see how a class performs on the field before making a conclusion about it.

Advertisement
Why are people on this site so **** insecure about any shortcomings. Manny has not demonstrated himself to be a strong recruiter. It’s not the end of the world, as he can change that, and he can lean on the members of the staff that are.

Head coaches are as good as their assistant make them. He is an overseer now and that's his job to make sure things are going the way he pictures it.

Advertisement
Do you really need a great personality to recruit well? Nick Saban may have some thoughts on that. I think Manny is fine and talks a good game and is a good marketer. However, winning will be the main factor over a coach's charm.

Defensive recruiting pretty sus but not even sure if you can blame staff at this point. NCAA is in a rogue state and Miami’s been a laughing stock for almost as long as they’ve been alive.

Kinda crazy when you look at it, but Dabo had to prove himself on the recruiting trail as well. Clemson my be killing it now, but if you look at the 4 year stretch of the 2014 through 2017 recruiting cycles, he landed only one top 10 class.

2014 - 16th rated class, 8 three stars out of 19 enrollees, no 5 stars
2015 - 9th rated class, 12 three stars out of 24 enrollees, three 5 stars
2016 - 11th rated class, 8 three stars out of 21 enrollees, one 5 star
2017 - 16th rated class, 4 three stars out of 14 enrollees, two 5 stars

Yes he signed some gems in these classes, but if you compare this 4 year stretch of recruiting to Bama and Ohio States who perennially had top 5 classes, you wouldn't have thought that Clemson would be doing what their doing now.

Basically, all you can do is give Manny a chance to show and prove and to see if he can get these top notch local kids to buy in.

Advertisement
CIS member has a crush on recruit X.

Recruit X signs with a different school.

CIS member starts thread about Coach X being the worst. (notice I correctly spelled worst and didn't use "worse")

Wash, rinse, repeat.

First off you lost all credibility once you said "coach diaz is a worst recruiter than coach rumph & banda" obviously you havent been paying attention to the recruiting efforts of coach rumph or banda since they've been here. It's real foolish to criticize guys who coached the #1 secondary in the nation, and its foolish to base your opinion of what you think failed recruiting is based off of nerd recruiting sites idiotic ranking systems. Coach banda and coach rumph have been bringing in the guys needed to get the job done but more importantly they both know how to coach, the instant proof of that was watching corn elder ball out his senior year, along with rayshawn & carter. This year, coming up, will basically be all guys in that secondary that have been recruited by coach rumph & banda, and have only played under them with the exception of your favorite player, robert knowles, if the secondary balls out this year man, you might wanna kill the noise!

This was my gripe with MD when he was hired I didnt want him hired for this specific reason. I doubt he will ever be a beast recruiter but he has a chance to come out the gate strong this season. If he does well for one year I hope we dont give him a lifetime contract.

Advertisement
This was my gripe with MD when he was hired I didnt want him hired for this specific reason. I doubt he will ever be a beast recruiter but he has a chance to come out the gate strong this season. If he does well for one year I hope we dont give him a lifetime contract.

No one short of Belichick is going to be able to recruit against bags here without putting together a string of success. This is the ACC though. We need to dominate this ***** conference outside of Clemson, which we're not ready to compete with yet. We have more than enough talent with good coaching to build a positive perception, then build on recruiting from there as we have some W's on paper.

Advertisement
He can't recruit worth ****. I know you all like him because he is cuban and he watched Miami play from the stands like you guys did but he can't recruit going back to his Texas days.

2018 = 0 LB recruits(Joyner does not count)
2017 = 3 3*s LBs

At Texas he only recruited 1 4 star. At Texas during the Mack Brown era where Mack could get anyone he wanted.

I get that he wears a old school cane jacket and drinks cuban coffee for breakfast but he needs to call Urban Meyer and beg him to teach him how to talk to kids. This dudes whiffs more than Rumph and Banda but gets a pass. Urban closed on recruits as a HC but you guys always giving this dude a pass. I get that he has a good defense but Rump and Banda had a pretty good pass D and landed 4 stars,

PS Manny call Urban and get a personality

This thread will probably get deleted unlike the Rumph/Banda thread.

Urban has such a "great" personality that he got wonderful criminals to come aand play for him. Wherever he went sludge and slime follow....his only saving grace was Tebow. Period.

CIS member has a crush on recruit X.

Recruit X signs with a different school.

CIS member starts thread about Coach X being the worst. (notice I correctly spelled worst and didn't use "worse")

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I take people who can't spell or conjugate with a grain of salt, even worse than those that don't take the time to proof-read.

Advertisement
Back