Manny better start taking recruiting more seriously

No offense but this is an idiotic post. It's all about recruiting, I suggest you read Jimmy Johnson's book, even he admitted that it's Jimmy's and Joe's not X's and O's. I don't care about being good enough to win the Coastal, I want the Canes to compete on the national stage and we'll never get there unless we can recruit elite players. We just aren't doing that now.
What defines an elite player? 5 stars? We got them but they're not doing anything (Pope).
You need a coach that has an eye for talent and can develop them. (See Butch). Manny doesn't have it.
I agree, we need elite players but we have good enough players to not lose to ******* UNC. The fact is, we'll never get those elite players without playing the bag game and sh'tting the bed against basketball teams.

Advertisement
At this point, I say we gotta risk it all. Bring on the bagman.

Cheat like we $EC. I'd rather get death penalty than live like this.

ShortImpoliteDuckbillplatypus-small.gif

So is your argument that we don't need better players?

We need better players but I believe he’s saying that we had better players than UNC but we still lost. We had better players than UVA last year but we still lost. UF was a toss up. They were missing starters and I think we have better offensive players than them but we still lost.

We need better players but I believe he’s saying that we had better players than UNC but we still lost. We had better players than UVA last year but we still lost. UF was a toss up. They were missing starters and I think we have better offensive players than them but we still lost.
We need NFL hall of fame players to beat UNC and teams in the coastal. Keep using the lazy argument. Coaching and Development is what is needed.

This will change very soon. Richt gave Manny a gift with that #8 recruiting class. Manny can not recruit and our talent level will be on par with the rest of the coastal.

And it's concerning how Manny and the defensive staff has shown their inability to develop. Golden guys are mostly gone but they were our best players. We have no DTs and our overrated LB corp has regressed.

This years class is our 2nd best recruiting class on a player average since 2009.

Advertisement
This years class is our 2nd best recruiting class on a player average since 2009.
Cool, but look at his takes as a DC. Either his evals sucks or he can't develop them. Or both.
Class looks pretty up top with 5 star Chaney who was going to be a Cane no matter what but I already see some questionable takes at the bottom. (Flagg, Washington, Mathis, Hodges etc...)

What makes you think he doesn't take it seriously?

Do you think he doesn't want the best talent he can get?

What makes you think a bunch of front running high school kids that switch schools yearly to try a be on a super team won't seek out a super team in college?

You get what you can and he will do just that.

Advertisement
The kids love Manny don't really think its him. Its all the other stuff. Kids go to UGA and see a packed stadium rocking same as Alabama hate to say it even Florida. If you guys think it doesn't matter your crazy. A lot these kids also see what fans post on here and twitter some of y'all need to come off the ledge.

Start by scouring the earth for Olinemen. Knowing what I know now kind of mad we passed on the Aussie from IMG currently starting at Minnesota. He would've been more athletic than any tackle we can currently throw out there.

Advertisement
u knew once we were getting transfers that the guy couldnt recruit, thats what WVU does because they cant recruit they had been doing it for years
this years class was sinking like the titanic after the debacle at the end of last season and the bowl game, he had no choice to try and get some numbers or we'd be lucky to have 70 players on scholarship right now. Let's see what happens this year before we start throwing stones.

Who care who the **** we recruit, can you coach them? Coaching sucks period. How much better recruiting do you need to beat UNC? That is just a lame *** excuse we keep using.
Exactly.... we're already losing to less talented teams on paper....

Anyone on here would love to have Aranda or Foster as their d coordinator.
LSU was in a shootout with the longhorns despite having a lot of highly rated upperclassmen on its defense and Aranda is catching a little heat for it.
Foster turning out great defenses despite lower rated kids. And if it wasn’t for Ron Mexico foster doesn’t have a natty.
I love our db’s for the next class.
But let’s not get it twisted.
Flagg and Mathis aren’t Dylan Mosses, Terence Lewis, or Justin Flowe.
You can x and o all you want but unless we have dudes like that on defense or a transcendent qb we don’t expect playoff appearances.
Maybe jdub will be that guy. But our defense better tighten the fck up.
Also our juniors really should stay. Can’t have a bunch of 19 year olds going up against 22 and 23 year olds al over the field every Saturday. Those Midwest teams always winning over 8 games with 2 stars happens for a reason.

Advertisement
Anyone on here would love to have Aranda or Foster as their d coordinator.
LSU was in a shootout with the longhorns despite having a lot of highly rated upperclassmen on its defense and Aranda is catching a little heat for it.
Foster turning out great defenses despite lower rated kids. And if it wasn’t for Ron Mexico foster doesn’t have a natty.
I love our db’s for the next class.
But let’s not get it twisted.
Flagg and Mathis aren’t Dylan Mosses, Terence Lewis, or Justin Flowe.
You can x and o all you want but unless we have dudes like that on defense or a transcendent qb we don’t expect playoff appearances.
Maybe jdub will be that guy. But our defense better tighten the fck up.
Also our juniors really should stay. Can’t have a bunch of 19 year olds going up against 22 and 23 year olds al over the field every Saturday. Those Midwest teams always winning over 8 games with 2 stars happens for a reason.

Amen on JW.

Second highlighted point is why we struggle with the UVA/UNC/VT/Wisky's of the world. We have higher rated players but they are always playing with men and UM rarely has guys stick around long enough for their balls to drop.

Advertisement
Back