Manny better start taking recruiting more seriously

Advertisement
LOL at him getting recruits he was never an ace recruiter we knew that when we got him. That we want guys who want to be canes are a nerds approach to recruiting, theres so many kids who wanted to be canes and were vocal about it and went elsewhere and became all pros. Get elites bring them in get them to sign if u cant do that we wont recover from this I agree. Elite coaches change kids minds $$$, get it done or try to bring someone who can get it done. Obviously we arent good at judging which coaches can get it done so there is very little hope.

One thing I want to see more than anything else is actually being at nearly 85 scholarships... they always say they don’t want to take kids just to take them... well, look at DT Jason Strowbridge for UNC. Solid player from SFL that we never really recruited. Yet we take a player like Tyreic Martin that will never play a down here... when we aren’t even at 85, no reason not to roster a guy like that as solid depth and borderline starter vs not offering bc you don’t want to take kids just to take them but aren’t even that close to 85... that’s just wasting scholarships leaving them open while these guys go and play against us in the ACC...

Advertisement
Keep getting blinded by this fake notion of recruits. Get better coaches. We out ranked UNC at EVERY POSITION. Everyone is worried about the big picture which is great but worry about beating teams in the COASTAL!!!!! Beating teams in the COASTAL has nothing with being out recruited. This is just lazy *** talk.

Advertisement
Keep getting blinded by this fake notion of recruits. Get better coaches. We out ranked UNC at EVERY POSITION. Everyone is worried about the big picture which is great but worry about beating teams in the COASTAL!!!!! Beating teams in the COASTAL has nothing with being out recruited. This is just lazy *** talk.
No offense but this is an idiotic post. It's all about recruiting, I suggest you read Jimmy Johnson's book, even he admitted that it's Jimmy's and Joe's not X's and O's. I don't care about being good enough to win the Coastal, I want the Canes to compete on the national stage and we'll never get there unless we can recruit elite players. We just aren't doing that now.

No offense but this is an idiotic post. It's all about recruiting, I suggest you read Jimmy Johnson's book, even he admitted that it's Jimmy's and Joe's not X's and O's. I don't care about being good enough to win the Coastal, I want the Canes to compete on the national stage and we'll never get there unless we can recruit elite players. We just aren't doing that now.
Win the COAST for 3 years in a row then worry about the JImmy's and Joe's. What is the excuse for losing to UNC? Name me 1 player that out ranked any of Miami starting line up? You are worrying about the national picture when you cant even win in the worst division in football. You are are the idiot for your post. Get an original thought, stop living off what other people say.

Win the COAST for 3 years in a row then worry about the JImmy's and Joe's. What is the excuse for losing to UNC? Name me 1 player that out ranked any of Miami starting line up? You are worrying about the national picture when you cant even win in the worst division in football. You are are the idiot for your post. Get an original thought, stop living off what other people say.

So is your argument that we don't need better players?

One thing I want to see more than anything else is actually being at nearly 85 scholarships... they always say they don’t want to take kids just to take them... well, look at DT Jason Strowbridge for UNC. Solid player from SFL that we never really recruited. Yet we take a player like Tyreic Martin that will never play a down here... when we aren’t even at 85, no reason not to roster a guy like that as solid depth and borderline starter vs not offering bc you don’t want to take kids just to take them but aren’t even that close to 85... that’s just wasting scholarships leaving them open while these guys go and play against us in the ACC...
Get mad at Al Golden for not recruiting Strowbridge

Advertisement
So is your argument that we don't need better players?
To win COASTAL games, **** no. This program has no foundation. You have to start the foundation. The way you start it is by building a foundation. The foundation is dominating the COASTAL! I get your point but everyone is acting like we are a national power. We are not even a state power.

We need better players but the ones we have right now are good enough to not lose to 2-9 UNC with a new HC, new QB.
This will change very soon. Richt gave Manny a gift with that #8 recruiting class. Manny can not recruit and our talent level will be on par with the rest of the coastal.

And it's concerning how Manny and the defensive staff has shown their inability to develop. Golden guys are mostly gone but they were our best players. We have no DTs and our overrated LB corp has regressed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need better players but the ones we have right now are good enough to not lose to 2-9 UNC with a new HC, new QB.
To win COASTAL games, **** no. This program has no foundation. You have to start the foundation. The way you start it is by building a foundation. The foundation is dominating the COASTAL! I get your point but everyone is acting like we are a national power. We are not even a state power.
Hmm, the results the last two season seem to disprove your point

Advertisement
Back