Manny being set up to fail????!!!

Not defending Manny but some of you guys respond as if you all had the balls of steel to make difficult decisions. Curious how many on this board actually run a company and have dealt w/ decision making past what underwear to put on in the morning. We all got what we expected, a first time HC figuring **** out on the fly. I thought the team would have given up on him by all the comments read during the week leading up to the game and yet the team fought for that win as much as they did the UVA game. I think that’s somewhat telling. As much as I wanted to see him get fired solely for the hope a new coach comes in and restructures the entire thing, I think Diaz sticks around. Again, I don’t think he has what it takes but that’s how I’m starting to think things plays out.

Fans aren't expected to make those decisions, coaches who earn $4,000,000 a year are—and getting questioned by fans, media, critics and outsiders when said decisions go wrong; all part of the job. Don't like it? Keep playing defensive coordinator instead of trying to fill the CEO's seat.

Enough of this first-time head coach nonsense, too—he's not "on the fly" anymore—he's coached THIRTY f**king games at Miami.

How come Mel Tucker has Michigan State rolling in year two—7-0 and in the Top Ten—after a brutal 2-5 inaugural COVID season; bringing in 20+ transfers, opening up every position, wanting guys that fight and changing the culture overnight, yet some here are still treating Diaz with kid gloves in year three as "the new guy" that is "still learning on the job".

Virginia and North Carolina were two of the easiest games on the roster until season's end—flailing Virginia Tech and Duke.

Diaz needed to get to 4-2. He's 2-4 with North Carolina State and Pitt on deck—both the Wolfpack and Panthers looking infinitely better and tougher than Miami.

Dude is headed to 2-6—which will be 2-8 dating back to Duke last year; his last Power 5 win almost 11 months out at that point and his two lone wins a late field goal to survive Appalachian State and a beating of a gloried high school from Central Connecticut.

There is ZERO chance he is still around by Halloween if this is the case. The football gods throwing him a bone and upset win these next two weeks is the only way he might save himself from an in-season firing.

Regardless, Miami is barreling towards AT BEST a 5-7 season at this rate. Dude will be Arthur Gonzarelli by Thanksgiving if that's the case.

Advertisement
Lol He was given more than any coach here. If anything guys like Shannon and Golden were set up for failure. Some of our people knew about the Shapiro **** and they didn't tell Golden lol Dude had that **** hanging over him his entire time as coach. It's not the main reason he failed but it played a part in his recruiting. I don't feel bad for Manny one bit. He's just not HC material.

Agree.
Golden got screwed and didn't know what he walked into.
We all see how hard it is now for Miami to recruit, even though we have a new IPF, new football dorms, improvements to the locker room, etc.
Imagine having none of that, having the threat of the NCAA investigation hanging over your head, having other schools negatively recruit us and saying we might get the death penalty.
And yes, maybe if would have been different if he hired a new DC and the RB pass in the snow was completed, but if any of them were set up for failure it was Golden. (even then he had that one good year and although nobody will likely admit it now some were concerned he would bail on us and go to Penn State).

You can't argue he's being set up for failure when you show up to alumni events on biscayne on a multi million dollar yacht or release new turnover chains/td rings every year that cost $100k.
What does this have to do with the price of beans? Brilliant analysis.

Baloney, it takes a competent one. Something we have not seen in 20 years.
Exactly. THIS narrative has to stop. If anything it's EASIER to win here than a ton of other places.

Do people seriously think it's harder to win here than places like Michigan State or Washington? Both have been to the freakin' Playoff.

A mentally deficient emu could recruit a top 20 class here.

Any talk about the ancillary things we might lack in when compared to the Bagas or the Ohio States is a justification you might* use as to why we're not winning championships and not one even remotely applicable to why we're not competing for ACC titles.

This is a major pet peeve of mine when uber mopes or people with ulterior motives (like Billy Cohen) continuously tell the fanbase to accept this as what we are. To stop being delusional. Please.

He a first time HC and was a decent, not great coordinator. Taking over at MIAMI is being set up for failure & we all knew it but hoped for the best. Takes a special guy to win here
Strongly disagree with the "first time HC" boo-who-who

These coveted positions aren't for the faint of heart nor amatuers. This isn't a marvel movie or lifetime feel good drama.

Mostly* in the real world when someone is in a legitimate leadership position, they do the job, or the organization finds someone else who can do the job.

Unfortunately, Diaz was not equal to the moment he was given.

*frustratingly not always

Advertisement
We've all seen the pic of Manny standing alone at UNC's stadium after the game by now. I've also seen the statement that he was "set up for failure" posted on various social media pages. My question is, how in the f**k was he set up for failure? Can anyone with more insight into the program explain how Manny was set up for failure?
Y'all know i'ma keep it all the way real with y'all...... That pic would be a DOPE rap album cover lol.

Temple is where he belonged. He knew the job at Miami was over his head. He tried and doesn’t have the tools to get it done in the powerful ACC. If anybody was set up it was the alum and fans. The lazy *** AD took the easy hire when he had the perfect time to make the right decision. Some experienced coaches came knocking.
Remember shortly after Mark Richt retired Blake James released a statement saying they would do a full and comprehensive search to find the next coach, then hired Manny a few hours later?

Advertisement
I don't think he was set up to fail. He chose to fly higher than his wings could withstand.

Butch and Pete did the same in the NFL. It happens.

The fault is on whoever evaluated that he was worthy of the opportunity.
Butch took a cellar dweller Browns team to the playoffs twice. That aint failure.

Yes he was set up to fail when he was given a job he didn’t deserve.

It was like giving a chimp a nuclear reactor.
Q1aRmd8e90WIw.gif

Butch took a cellar dweller Browns team to the playoffs twice. That aint failure.
He did only once (I only remember because they lost to my Steelers) as a 9-7 wild card team. I'm not sure overall that I wouldn't deem Butch an NFL failure but he's still a better NFL head coach than Nick Saban in my book.

Advertisement
I don't think he was set up to fail. He chose to fly higher than his wings could withstand.

Few people are self aware enough to realize they are in over there heads. That’s why it’s on the leadership that hired him with zero due diligence.

Advertisement
Personal attacks
We've all seen the pic of Manny standing alone at UNC's stadium after the game by now. I've also seen the statement that he was "set up for failure" posted on various social media pages. My question is, how in the f**k was he set up for failure? Can anyone with more insight into the program explain how Manny was set up for failure?
That pic was straight faygit marketing by our trash AD

Oh look. Sad ***** failure is sad

But Manny could have stayed at Temple… But he got the eyes bigger than your stomach syndrome. And he’s got the ***** now.

Manny is the son of a politician, this is pure politics. Now, he's trying to play the sympathy card, and hope that people overlook how bad the product is. Hopefully the BOT doesn't buy it. I will say this to all my people in South Florida, DON'T GO TO ANY HOME GAMES THIS SEASON. Force change by sitting on your hands and making everyone notice: Wow, even by Miami standards this is crappy attendance."

Advertisement
Back