Manny being set up to fail????!!!

Gsugradcanefan

Freshman
We've all seen the pic of Manny standing alone at UNC's stadium after the game by now. I've also seen the statement that he was "set up for failure" posted on various social media pages. My question is, how in the f**k was he set up for failure? Can anyone with more insight into the program explain how Manny was set up for failure?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-095158_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017-095158_Instagram.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 451
Advertisement
We've all seen the pic of Manny standing alone at UNC's stadium after the game by now. I've also seen the statement that he was "set up for failure" posted on various social media pages. My question is, how in the f**k was he set up for failure? Can anyone with more insight into the program explain how Manny was set up for failure?
He was given all the rope to hang himself. He did so willingly. He is beyond arrogant.

He shouldn't have been the coach here in the first place. We've beat this topic into the ground, but you don't hire a coach without conducting a proper search. I don't blame him one second for wanting this job, wouldn't you if you were in his position? That's on every single administrative employee and the BOT for signing off on it.

Now at the same time, he keeps spinning this basura to gain sympathy locally and nationally. A youth movement, us against the world mentality while continuing to play garbage upperclassmen and grossly negligent blitz packages.

He a first time HC and was a decent, not great coordinator. Taking over at MIAMI is being set up for failure & we all knew it but hoped for the best. Takes a special guy to win here

Advertisement
He was forced to name himself as DC as no one in his opinion could hold a candle to his DC abilities. 45 points later, he has been set up to fail…by himself. Shouldn’t that buy him more time? I mean his DC has been horrible this year. How can a head coach make it when the DC sucks soooo badly?

Advertisement
Diaz playing the victim! Not surprising.

What is surprising is that it's actually working.

Don't fall for this schtick Canes fans! The MF needs tough love! Fire his *** now then go have a drink with him. It's business!

If he was set up to fail it's only cuz he's retarded, inept, and out of his league. He should've never accepted the job, and the job should've never been offered to him in the first place.

The correct move for all parties involved is to cut bait and move on.

He a first time HC and was a decent, not great coordinator. Taking over at MIAMI is being set up for failure & we all knew it but hoped for the best. Takes a special guy to win here
You can't argue he's being set up for failure when you show up to alumni events on biscayne on a multi million dollar yacht or release new turnover chains/td rings every year that cost $100k.

Advertisement
He was hired to be the HC

He and Shannon both were promoted too soon at too big of a program. There's a reason coaches should start at a lower level.

If either stood a chance at ever being a decent coach, it's long gone now.

Advertisement
Lol He was given more than any coach here. If anything guys like Shannon and Golden were set up for failure. Some of our people knew about the Shapiro **** and they didn't tell Golden lol Dude had that **** hanging over him his entire time as coach. It's not the main reason he failed but it played a part in his recruiting. I don't feel bad for Manny one bit. He's just not HC material.

Advertisement
Back