Manny and the bowl game

That’s like giving little Billy a Participation Award. Manny gets no reward for underachievement.

Advertisement
Hopefully not. His heart needs to be ripped out of him. Doesn’t deserve it and didn’t earn it. Message needs to be sent to him and the next. Win. Period. Losing to inferior teams is unacceptable. Underachieving is unacceptable. Playing down to the competition is unacceptable.

#ExcusesForLosers

Advertisement
Should Manny be given the opportunity to coach in the bowl game? I was talking with a UM buddy and we were discussing whether Manny should coach in the bowl game and then let go or be fired after Duke. I said Manny “earned” the bowl game and he should coach in it and get a farewell game, maybe go out on a three game winning streak. My buddy thinks he should be let go after Duke regardless of outcome so we can try to get a coach before early signing day. We don’t have an AD yet and ESD is about three weeks after the Duke game so it would be a tight window to do all of that and recruit. At the same time, other schools aren’t wasting time finding their next coach, but they aren’t trying to replace a AD as well. What are you thoughts on the subject?
The short abs we is no. There are too Amy schools looking for a HC. He had 3 years and the product on the Feeld is underwhelming. From his defenses, to the penalties to the tackling. If you’re okay with this and this “winning streak” youre willing to accept the state of the program as is

Manny has earned the right, to get the fucc outta the job, that he currently holds. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less. Time to get the ball rolling with the next regime.

Advertisement
I actually wanna win whatever Bowl game we get, so no fire Diaz after Duke & let Lashlee use this as his audition for the SMU job, as his first official game as a HC in college.

Make Lash the interim & let TRob coach the Defense for the Bowl game.

Diaz & Patke need to have their bags packed & their offices cleared before the Duke game & on the plane ride back both need to be dropped off at the airport.

No more Miami for either of them.

I'd rather spend a few days in jail than make a December trip to El Paso so we may want to see if Manny will take LESS of a buyout in order to NOT have to corch our inevitable Sun Bowl matchup against the likes of Nevada or Washington State.

I'd rather spend a few days in jail than make a December trip to El Paso so we may want to see if Manny will take LESS of a buyout in order to NOT have to corch our inevitable Sun Bowl matchup against the likes of Nevada or Washington

Advertisement
1. Find AD
2. Fire Manny
3. Appoint interim HC for bowl
4. Set budget for new HC and staff.
5. Go full tilt on Mario
6. ESD.
7. Bowl prep.

Advertisement
so hearing that buyout on his contract drops by 2 million in December so puts it in timeframe after Duke and before bowl game. If they can save 2 million why not wait? They can still be doing everything else behind the scenes so waiting does not impact anything except how much they want to spend to send Manny packing. Recruiting should not be the big issue right now . Portal makes that less of a problem.

Seriously doubt Manny coaches in the bowl game. New AD should be in place by then and the new AD will be given authority to decide Manny's fate. Manny will be granted opportunity to "save face" and have it be a "mutual parting of ways" as department will be going in a "different direction" or something along those lines.
This

I actually wanna win whatever Bowl game we get, so no fire Diaz after Duke & let Lashlee use this as his audition for the SMU job, as his first official game as a HC in college.

Make Lash the interim & let TRob coach the Defense for the Bowl game.

Diaz & Patke need to have their bags packed & their offices cleared before the Duke game & on the plane ride back both need to be dropped off at the airport.

No more Miami for either of them.
They should have to parachute out

Advertisement
Back