Manny and the bowl game

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
Should Manny be given the opportunity to coach in the bowl game? I was talking with a UM buddy and we were discussing whether Manny should coach in the bowl game and then let go or be fired after Duke. I said Manny “earned” the bowl game and he should coach in it and get a farewell game, maybe go out on a three game winning streak. My buddy thinks he should be let go after Duke regardless of outcome so we can try to get a coach before early signing day. We don’t have an AD yet and ESD is about three weeks after the Duke game so it would be a tight window to do all of that and recruit. At the same time, other schools aren’t wasting time finding their next coach, but they aren’t trying to replace a AD as well. What are you thoughts on the subject?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Should Manny be given the opportunity to coach in the bowl game? I was talking with a UM buddy and we were discussing whether Manny should coach in the bowl game and then let go or be fired after Duke. I said Manny “earned” the bowl game and he should coach in it and get a farewell game, maybe go out on a three game winning streak. My buddy thinks he should be let go after Duke regardless of outcome so we can try to get a coach before early signing day. We don’t have an AD yet and ESD is about three weeks after the Duke game so it would be a tight window to do all of that and recruit. At the same time, other schools aren’t wasting time finding their next coach, but they aren’t trying to replace a AD as well. What are you thoughts on the subject?
Did your friend seem annoyed with you? Just curious

Advertisement
Advertisement
The answer is NO!!! However, there is some news traction that Diaz may be given another year as the BOT may leave it up to the new AD to "evaluate" Diaz.

If Diaz coaches the bowl game, he is likely given the opportunity to return for another season and that's even worse.

Cut the head off the snake immediately after the Duke game and start clean.

Advertisement
Back