Manny and the bowl game

Advertisement
Smh I could see him being offered the choice . Hopefully he declines like Mullen

You're not being a ****, I'm saying maybe you get a Kelly or Stewart to wait until February if they know a new staff is coming in.
Fairly certain Stewart is already waiting until February to sign somewhere. Not sure on Kelly. It would be smart on kids THIS year to wait it out if they are considering several schools with known/potential coaching changes. So many moving parts, not just us.

Fairly certain Stewart is already waiting until February to sign somewhere. Not sure on Kelly. It would be smart on kids THIS year to wait it out if they are considering several schools with known/potential coaching changes. So many moving parts, not just us.
And Stewart likely is to drive up the asking price, only hope would be we hire a coach he truly wants to play for, but seems like he's all but sealed up to A&M.

Advertisement
DB78017E-3E78-4F6E-96DC-B104161EBE28.jpeg

Should Manny be given the opportunity to coach in the bowl game? I was talking with a UM buddy and we were discussing whether Manny should coach in the bowl game and then let go or be fired after Duke. I said Manny “earned” the bowl game and he should coach in it and get a farewell game, maybe go out on a three game winning streak. My buddy thinks he should be let go after Duke regardless of outcome so we can try to get a coach before early signing day. We don’t have an AD yet and ESD is about three weeks after the Duke game so it would be a tight window to do all of that and recruit. At the same time, other schools aren’t wasting time finding their next coach, but they aren’t trying to replace a AD as well. What are you thoughts on the subject?

Manny hasn't earned jack****. 7-5 is not the standard.

Advertisement
Do you want him as Coach during the early signing period only to be let go after the bowl game?? What message does that send to young men who sign early???? What's to keep them for wanting out if the Coach they signed too is let go??? .... We've made enough bad decisions... time to start making good ones...
Also, NCAA allows kids to retract their signed letter of intent when a coach leaves. So, it's counterproductive trying to dupe these young men.

Advertisement
Should Manny be given the opportunity to coach in the bowl game? I was talking with a UM buddy and we were discussing whether Manny should coach in the bowl game and then let go or be fired after Duke. I said Manny “earned” the bowl game and he should coach in it and get a farewell game, maybe go out on a three game winning streak. My buddy thinks he should be let go after Duke regardless of outcome so we can try to get a coach before early signing day. We don’t have an AD yet and ESD is about three weeks after the Duke game so it would be a tight window to do all of that and recruit. At the same time, other schools aren’t wasting time finding their next coach, but they aren’t trying to replace a AD as well. What are you thoughts on the subject?
I think you're buddy is right.

In fact, at this point, I'd be for waiting until Dec. 1st and saving the school money with the buyout. So, even if they fired him, but there was the possibility of letting him stay on to coach the bowl game, it would be a bad idea.

What if he wins? It could cast a little doubt with the fringe fanbase. Also, seems to me, you'd want to "move on" and get the students used to future without him. Additionally, the vast majority of Cane Nation wants him gone, so I think you'd make the fanbase happy with Diaz not coaching the bowl game.

The U doesn't owe him anything outside his contract. He's cost us. We don't owe him anything more as of today. The Duke is his severance.

Advertisement
My opinion, if he is fired, let Lashlee coach the team in the bowl game. Let's see what his offense can do when he has full control and let Simpson run the D. I think it's better for the players to decompress and play ball without Manny's presence if he is fired by the University Administration after the Duke game. The administration and new AD can have that discussion and reach a decision before the announcement. If Manny is going to be gone, it's not smart to lay that on the new AD. The new AD is there to rebuild, not clean house.

Advertisement
Back