Manny and the bowl game

Advertisement
Do you want him as Coach during the early signing period only to be let go after the bowl game?? What message does that send to young men who sign early???? What's to keep them for wanting out if the Coach they signed too is let go??? .... We've made enough bad decisions... time to start making good ones...

Sticking around to coach a meaningless bowl game is such a beta Manny move.

Same as his coming back to coach the Pinstripe Bowl after already taking the Temple job. Same as his taking over defensive coordinator duties again this year, when he hadn't even figured out how to be a head coach yet.

Larry Coker hanging around for one final goodbye after six years—three BCS games, two national title games and a ring—different than Manny and a year three bowl game after what we'll assume is a 21-15 run after this weekend—just move on already.

You really want to be on campus most of December after you've been let go? You really think a fourth-tier bowl game really needs your presence to get the kids riled up to go out with a bang?

Advertisement
Say they want to fire Manny on Monday. Who does it since we have no AD?
Strawley? she don't have the balls to do it.
Frenk? he don't have the balls to do it.
Who?

It doesn’t matter so long as the right coach has been hired. Manny, Rhett, **** get Shoop in there. No one cares who coaches the GD toilet bowl.

Advertisement
Depends on whether you want to be shutout by a G5 program or not I guess

How about watching the games and putting some respect on TVD. No G5 program is shutting that down.

Boatraced though? 1000 ******* percent. Like peak Big 12 ****. 72-63 or something

Assuming we beat Duke, Manny's done well enough to earn another chance at a P5 school. Coaching the bowl game is a lose-lose for all parties involved.

Too much time from the end of the season to the bowl game...good recipe for a manny special

Advertisement
Should Manny be given the opportunity to coach in the bowl game? I was talking with a UM buddy and we were discussing whether Manny should coach in the bowl game and then let go or be fired after Duke. I said Manny “earned” the bowl game and he should coach in it and get a farewell game, maybe go out on a three game winning streak. My buddy thinks he should be let go after Duke regardless of outcome so we can try to get a coach before early signing day. We don’t have an AD yet and ESD is about three weeks after the Duke game so it would be a tight window to do all of that and recruit. At the same time, other schools aren’t wasting time finding their next coach, but they aren’t trying to replace a AD as well. What are you thoughts on the subject?
If Manny sticks around for the bowl game, La. Tech or Texas-San Antonio are going to be licking their chops in anticipation.

Advertisement
Should Manny be given the opportunity to coach in the bowl game? I was talking with a UM buddy and we were discussing whether Manny should coach in the bowl game and then let go or be fired after Duke. I said Manny “earned” the bowl game and he should coach in it and get a farewell game, maybe go out on a three game winning streak. My buddy thinks he should be let go after Duke regardless of outcome so we can try to get a coach before early signing day. We don’t have an AD yet and ESD is about three weeks after the Duke game so it would be a tight window to do all of that and recruit. At the same time, other schools aren’t wasting time finding their next coach, but they aren’t trying to replace a AD as well. What are you thoughts on the subject?
You're both wrong. He should have been fired weeks ago.. if not last year or the year before.

so hearing that buyout on his contract drops by 2 million in December so puts it in timeframe after Duke and before bowl game. If they can save 2 million why not wait? They can still be doing everything else behind the scenes so waiting does not impact anything except how much they want to spend to send Manny packing. Recruiting should not be the big issue right now . Portal makes that less of a problem.

Seriously doubt Manny coaches in the bowl game. New AD should be in place by then and the new AD will be given authority to decide Manny's fate. Manny will be granted opportunity to "save face" and have it be a "mutual parting of ways" as department will be going in a "different direction" or something along those lines.

The answer is NO!!! However, there is some news traction that Diaz may be given another year as the BOT may leave it up to the new AD to "evaluate" Diaz.

If Diaz coaches the bowl game, he is likely given the opportunity to return for another season and that's even worse.

Cut the head off the snake immediately after the Duke game and start clean.
Keeping Manny another year would be a disaster for this program. It could be the death blow.
He would either be a lame duck (most likely), and will have lost 2 recruiting classes as a result. I don’t think they are even recruiting anymore. This would really put the new coach behind and require a total 4+ year rebuild.
Or he somehow wins 10 games next season (not likely) because of TVD, which would be a total mirage, get extended and go back to being a .500 win team shortly after due to roster issues and of course his poor coaching.
He has got to go after the Duke game.

Advertisement
Back