Mallory or Jordan

do you not see the big knee brace Mallory is wearing, Mallory said himself after rhe game that hes dealing with a knee injury and a rib injury
He is just banged up. Jordan had to actually have surgery on his foot last year

Advertisement

A guy on the field is worth two on the bench!

playerz-dominiance.jpg

In terms of ability Jordan is a better route runner, blocker, catcher, has more in game speed, and has better in game IQ. But since he’s allergic to staying on the field I guess its a toss up

Advertisement
In college, I like Jordan's game, but Mallory is more suited to the NFL based on size alone. I also think Mallory is just as fast as far as straight line speed. Jordan is a tweener in the NFL and isn't fast enough to move to receiver. Not many 6'3ish, 225lb TE's in the league.
Brevin will be a mis match night mare in the NFL. All the top TEs in Today’s game have similar games to what Brevin brings. At 6’3/6”4 he’s slightly undersized. But his athleticism will be coveted

Rhett Lashlee today on Will Mallory:

"I think the most impressive thing about Will that nobody talks about is he has not been 100 percent since game one. The guy is out there playing and I sometimes joke with him and call him ‘G.I. Joe’ because it’s like he’s duct taped together, got to get some WD 40 and grease him up every now and again, but every week he comes to practice, gets the work in, goes out and plays hard, makes plays, and doesn’t complain. I think he’s a winner, a tough kid, and really has showed some leadership in the way he prepares and goes about each week.”

As good as Mallory has looked thus far, Brevin is clearly better and more talented than the 2. He does everything better than Mallory. Once Brevin gets back in the fold, this offense is going to look much much scarier.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
In college, I like Jordan's game, but Mallory is more suited to the NFL based on size alone. I also think Mallory is just as fast as far as straight line speed. Jordan is a tweener in the NFL and isn't fast enough to move to receiver. Not many 6'3ish, 225lb TE's in the league.

Size really doesnt matter in Mallory case when he blocks like a baby. He doesnt have it there...His size is effective though in contested passes. Mallory advantage would be as a flex guy....well Jordan is already a flex te as well and has yac ability.

Love the both of them...Mallory needs to develop some more strength and want to at blocking. Right now i would have to bet guys like Gilbert Frierson would f*ck him up going one on one...cant imaine nfl de's

Neither is better than Kyle Pitts but they are both pretty beastly. Gun to my head I am choosing Mallory because while I think Jordan plays with tremendous passion he's now dealt with knee, foot and shoulder issues through 3 seasons. Jordan is arguably our best player and it would be awesome to see him excel during this final month.

I’ll go with the guy available to play every week. Brevin is a great player but that doesn’t matter when you can’t suit up.

Advertisement
Different skill sets. Jordan is the prototypical H-back. He can block in-line or even as a fullback. He gets open underneath and is deadly after the catch. His acceleration and shiftiness are elite for a tight end. He’s like a running back in the open field. Mallory is the more popular NFL prototype. He’s tall and has really good straight line speed. He’s the downfield seem threat and red zone jump ball guy that quarterbacks love. He’s improved as a blocker but is still average in that regard. He’s not going to break ankles or nuke anyone but he’ll run away from a linebacker in man coverage and run over a DB on the goal line

Hes not even an avg blocker to be honest. He's pretty bad even with an improvement.

Arroyo is better than both. I’m not being a Texas homer. He’s the best Texas tight end the last 10 years easily. He will be an absolute game breaker day 1 for us

Hes going to have to deal with a kid from Opa Locka though that is a dog in Brantley. Arroyo and Brantley is Brevin and Mallory all over again.

Isnt this a good problem to have!!. I love the last 2 te classes. Even Mammarelli who i grew up with his dad. That kid is going to be valuable as well.

Hes not even an avg blocker to be honest. He's pretty bad even with an improvement.
He'll never be a plus blocker but compared to most receiving TEs he's serviceable. He does a good job on a lot of the WR screens and downfield stuff. Wouldn't expect him to handle too many DE's 1 on 1 though.

Advertisement
He'll never be a plus blocker but compared to most receiving TEs he's serviceable. He does a good job on a lot of the WR screens and downfield stuff. Wouldn't expect him to handle too many DE's 1 on 1 though.

Man i seen some LBS put his d*ck in the dirt THIS YEAR.

As long as he shows some want to. Kyle Pitts cant block worth a sh*t either and i expect him to be off whatever TE board right away as well.

Mike Gisecki for the Dolphins couldnt block a Karen from enterin Walmart but he is coming around as a player and i think Mallory likely has a better base, lower body than him

Brevin will be a mis match night mare in the NFL. All the top TEs in Today’s game have similar games to what Brevin brings. At 6’3/6”4 he’s slightly undersized. But his athleticism will be coveted
He's definitely talented but I really don't think he'll be that big a match nightmare for NFL backers, especially since he's not bigger of faster than a lot of them. He's also MUCH closer to 6'2 than 6'4.

He's definitely talented but I really don't think he'll be that big a match nightmare for NFL backers, especially since he's not bigger of faster than a lot of them. He's also MUCH closer to 6'2 than 6'4.
I disagree. His speed and COD at that spot in particular is elite

Hes going to have to deal with a kid from Opa Locka though that is a dog in Brantley. Arroyo and Brantley is Brevin and Mallory all over again.

Isnt this a good problem to have!!. I love the last 2 te classes. Even Mammarelli who i grew up with his dad. That kid is going to be valuable as well.
I love Brantley too I’ve only seen him in person playing 7 on 7 never saw him live with the bullets flying so I don’t really speak on him much. He excites me too tho. I watched that Irish/tigers game and seen 87 and immediately thought to myself man I can’t wait for arroyo

Advertisement
Back