Mallory or Jordan

#26-MEAST

Junior
Just my opinion but Mallory is better than or atleast equal to Jordan. I give Mallory the nudge because he has played hurt and is still a monster.

I know thier skill set is a bit different. We need Brevin to work some under crossing routes when he gets back. Haven't seen a drag thrown/caught this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just my opinion but Mallory is better than or atleast equal to Jordan. I give Mallory the nudge because he has played hurt and is still a monster.

I know thier skill set is a bit different. We need Brevin to work some under crossing routes when he gets back. Haven't seen a drag thrown/caught this season.
Both, that’s the reason we recruited both of them at the same time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Related - what do we think the chances are that Brevin comes back? Both from a should he come back and will he come back.

For should: Prior to the injuries he was considered one of the best TEs and likely to be drafted high and it would make sense (in my opinion) for him to go pro. But this being the 3rd season in a row where he has missed significant time, I would think that has brought his stock down significantly (both b/c of being injury prone and not being able to prove he is worthy of the high pick).

For will: This is Miami and until we consistently see it otherwise, I will assume that everyone one of our players that has shown even the slightest flash will leave for the NFL.

So Miami fan bias aside, what's everyone's take here? Putting yourself in neutral territory, should he leave? I haven't looked at any draft boards, does anyone still have him forecasted to go high?

In college, I like Jordan's game, but Mallory is more suited to the NFL based on size alone. I also think Mallory is just as fast as far as straight line speed. Jordan is a tweener in the NFL and isn't fast enough to move to receiver. Not many 6'3ish, 225lb TE's in the league.

Advertisement
Related - what do we think the chances are that Brevin comes back? Both from a should he come back and will he come back.

For should: Prior to the injuries he was considered one of the best TEs and likely to be drafted high and it would make sense (in my opinion) for him to go pro. But this being the 3rd season in a row where he has missed significant time, I would think that has brought his stock down significantly (both b/c of being injury prone and not being able to prove he is worthy of the high pick).

For will: This is Miami and until we consistently see it otherwise, I will assume that everyone one of our players that has shown even the slightest flash will leave for the NFL.

So Miami fan bias aside, what's everyone's take here? Putting yourself in neutral territory, should he leave? I haven't looked at any draft boards, does anyone still have him forecasted to go high?

none of our juniors should be declaring early

Advertisement
Back